What's up with Roush in NASCAR

coupe3w

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Roush / Fenway teams don't seem to be running that well this year. Penske is doing better but still has a hard time staying consistent.

Roush is a non -contender for sure-don't think they even broke top 20 on Sat did they?? As for Penske, not sure what you mean by "staying consistent". To the contrary

seems to me they have been very consistent-unless one of them wrecked, haven't they been in top 10 virtually every race so far? And both have already won a race?

Lets hope they keep up the pace they have set so far IMO

In the first few races after Daytona Joe's car was good at the beginning of the race and fell off later in the race. They have come back though lately.

to Quote this weeks Autoweek Nascar coverage:

"Team Penske is solid week in and week out.........Logano is second in points and Keselowski is fourth, making Penske clearly the best Ford based organization.

As for Roush:

"Roush Fenway Racing is a mess. the highest ranked driver in this once-formidable Ford based organization is 21st ranked Greg Biffle..blah blah.."

Year is young.

• 2 months later...

Would be nice if Penske would take over engine and chassis development.

I totally agree. The competition has pecked away at much of the quality minds at Rousch over the past years or so, not just the top drivers. It's showing in their poor results. Penske appears to have the technology and ability. The competition and sponsorship for the Chevy and Toyota teams seem to dwarf the smaller supported Ford teams.

Edited by bdegrand

I cannot even imagine how frustrating it must be to work at RFR right now. My understanding is that Jack still wants to make every decision and his decisions at this point are questionable. I believe its time for a shakeup there but because its his baby, hes not letting go anytime soon. Meanwhile they've become just another mid pack race team apparently satisfied with 15+ place finishes. Its beyond frustrating, I root for Penske now but a lonely 2 car team cannot stand up to the likes of Hendrick and Gibbs by themselves. I think Ford should either pony up the money to get in and get it done the right way or get out all together. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Brad and Joey had a good night. Don't know what happened to Brad's car after the last pit stop, he was dominant all night. His crew on the other hand not so good. Ford Penske 2nd and 6th.

In my humblest of opinions Brad struggled all night to get back to the front if he lost the lead. When he came out 2nd after that last pit stop I knew he would be finishing 2nd. He was definitely dominant when he was in the lead and he lead a big chunk of that race.

In my humblest of opinions Brad struggled all night to get back to the front if he lost the lead. When he came out 2nd after that last pit stop I knew he would be finishing 2nd. He was definitely dominant when he was in the lead and he lead a big chunk of that race.

I see the Gibbs teams have spent over a million dollars on improving the speed of the wheel lug nut impacts and now have a second or so faster pit stops than the competitors. NASCAR is aware of it and stated no issue.

I see the Gibbs teams have spent over a million dollars on improving the speed of the wheel lug nut impacts and now have a second or so faster pit stops than the competitors. NASCAR is aware of it and stated no issue.

Honestly, I don't either. Good on them for figuring out a way to gain a competitive advantage without breaking any rules or messing with the cars (I'm looking at you JJ and Chad!)

It reminds me of what Roush started in the late 90s- early 00s with their work on valvesprings.

Toyota has plenty more money to spend where that came from. Just look around you next time you are in traffic.

• Like 1

Toyota has plenty more money to spend where that came from. Just look around you next time you are in traffic.

It sure is obvious that Toyota has the money. Roush must be upset to see his loss of Kenseth and Edwards to the Gibbs Toyota teams and previous manager Lee White who now is President of Toyota Racing. I see Roush eventually withdrawing from NASCAR. I think it will be Toyota as the top dog. If you look now at NHRA, you see the same momentum to Toyota. It is what it is.

I just read about the restart at Richmond last weekend with 18 laps to go. The video clearly shows Kenseth jumping ahead of Logano. No call from NASCAR. However, they said they would watch more closely on restarts in the future. Even Jeff Gordon admitted Kenseth got away with an obvious early restart. It won Kenseth the race. I'm just saying.

No Roush cars in the chase. I think that's a first.

It was Biffle and Edwards last year. Edwards is Toyota this year and Biffle was not even close. Yes, Roush has no entries. Personally, I think France Jr, who brought Toyota into NASCAR, truly wants Toyota to win this...and they have the entire Joe Gibbes Team to make this happen. Sad to see this happen to a once prestigious AMERICAN manufacturers competition.