Ford Edge Door Handle Details?

Bla123Bla123

I am currently a college student and for our Machine Elements class, we have a finite element analysis project. Essentially, we are supposed to create, or find, a 3D model of a door handle on our current car (we will be providing a picture of our door handle to prove it is our car) and determine the material and run a computer analysis determining the stressed incurred when somebody tries to open the door. I have a 2007 Ford Edge, but I believe that many, if not all, of the Ford Edge model years so far have the same handle.

So now comes to my real questions, does anybody have anything I could use? Any information regarding 3D model files you may have (preferably Solidworks files), what the interior mechanisms used to connect the door handle are, the material the handle is made out of, or dimensions of the handle (so that if I must model the handle myself, I can do something more accurate than guesstimating, since the rounded parts of the door handle are very difficult to measure and model accurately, especially without taking the door apart)? Literally any information you can provide about the door handle will help.

Thanks!

I would recommend finding a 2012 or newer focus, Or 2013 or newer C-Max or Escape. The outside door handles are identical, and the internal latches are identical in all ways but size, and they are ridiculously easy to take off the door. Just don't use a model that has the keyless ignition, the wires are really hard to disconnect from the latch assembly.