Still mixed on how the bronco will look like.

mikehasak

I like to know for sure what the new bronco is gonna look like. I have seen 3 different photos of them and wondered which is which. But I think Ford needs to listen up on what people want to see which I think Ford is lacking. I think a lot of us will say that the 1966-1977 were the best years made and I will agree because of the size and the amazing 4x4 abilities! The turning radius on that particular truck is insane! Please listen and see why the Jeep wranglers are the most wanted 4x4s and so can the Broncos too if you make it right. Broncos do not need to be civilized for the road like your Explorer and Epiditions are. Ugh!

Well none of the pictures you have seen on the internet will look like it... that's for sure.

I think Ford's best bet is to go Mid-Size. Right between the teeny Original: Small enough to squeeze through tight trails, but big enough to still accommodate those coming from a FSB.

Even if the current Bronco isn't as road-mannered as the Explorer or Expedition, I imagine it will be a huge upgrade over the old ones.... just because of the almost 20 years that have passed since production ended.

Which reminds me, Next year is the 20-year Anniversary (Memorial?) of the BRONCO :shift:

Ooooh, that also marks the 50 year point since 1966.

Edited by probowler
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Making a Bronco that only appeals to a tiny group of enthusiasts probably isn't in the cards.

They were able to make a new Mustang that appeals broadly to Mustang enthusiasts (but not all of them) and the masses as well. That's what I expect but you won't see any pictures until Ford decides to show a new concept.

• 1 year later...

I'm expecting the Bronco to top out at around 190" in overall length

4 Door Wrangler is 184inches long

The Edge is 188 inches long

Explorer is 200in long or a little shorter (198?)

It would keep it a mid-sized SUV in relation to the Expedition, which is RWD also.

• 1 year later...

Howdy everyone, long time no post.

I am currently "in the market" for a small 4x4 that can get me to work in nearly all weather conditions - blizzards to fun & sun.

I am leaning HEAVY towards a JL Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (mostly due to auto 4x4 mode on transfer case).

I plan on buying by this winter, but I may hold out if Ford's Bronco is a viable option.

Any likely introduction dates yet?

Rebadge and transplant wouldn't take this long nor would it fit with Ford's recent design directions with Mustang and the GT.

True. Additionally, the Everest is not a retro Bronco, nor is it a Wrangler fighter. Both of which will be attributes of the new truck, according to Ford.

This really is the only official visual reference we have for Bronco, everything else is fiction.

2020-ford-bronco-teaser-side-profile-log

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-Sahara-side-profile-0

You can see there is a dramatic difference in wheelbase which makes for a vastly different looking vehicle, the wheels are WAY forward. I think comparing these vehicles only goes so far, Ford even discourages it. Wrangler is a relatively exotic rock crawler with a pretty bad-ass look because of it, Ford instead wants to emphasize speed and performance. Right now I'm just hoping it has the roof flexibility of the Wrangler, I would love a convertible toy like a Wrangler.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1

This really is the only official visual reference we have for Bronco, everything else is fiction.

2020-ford-bronco-teaser-side-profile-log

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-Sahara-side-profile-0

You can see there is a dramatic difference in wheelbase which makes for a vastly different looking vehicle, the wheels are WAY forward. I think comparing these vehicles only goes so far, Ford even discourages it. Wrangler is a relatively exotic rock crawler with a pretty bad-ass look because of it, Ford instead wants to emphasize speed and performance. Right now I'm just hoping it has the roof flexibility of the Wrangler, I would love a convertible toy like a Wrangler.

I think thats the 2 door Bronco under the cover there. Like Wrangler, I expect the 2 and 4 door versions to have different wheelbases.

Agree with fuzzy that that is the 2-door Bronco.

And I really don't think there is going to be much emphasis on speed with the short wheelbase 2-door Bronco. High speed + short wheelbase = bad news.

• Like 1

Making a Bronco that only appeals to a tiny group of enthusiasts probably isn't in the cards.

Yeah, that tiny niche that Jeep Wrangler is pushing to nearly 200k annual sales!

Please! Not ANOTHER uber-expensive, grocery-getter, carpool C/SUV thingy. Got plenty of those to choose from!

I'll take mine Plain Jane - Grabber Blue, or traditional non-metallic Red. Bright alloy wheels, no 'blacked out' only option. Rough and ready for off road and snow. NO leather that will crack and look crappy 5 years into the 20 years I plan to drive it. I know a manual trans is too much to ask but a guy can dream! Easy clean interior, both seats and floors. Materials must withstand hot summers and cold winters and the DOG without cracking or tearing. I need to pull 3000 lbs through the Ike Gauntlet or over the Continental Divide several times a year so a robust towing package is necessary. I don't need a digital voice or screen to tell me where to go. I want to hook up my music and phone though. Make it affordable! Don't make me buy stuff I don't want all upfront. I'll deck it out my way, as I can afford to do so, piece by piece with cash, supplied from the aftermarket that will go nuts if Ford gets this right!

Racks for gear, AC Inverter, and power points, practical stuff that will serve well for outdoor activities > Creature comforts, touch screen, power everything.

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hope it has a real tailgate, that will be nice. I've accepted it probably won't have a fully removable roof so the panels will have to do... still would love to go fully topless though. Power rear window will be nice. As others have said, power points, cargo tie downs, useful practical shit to make this thing really utilitarian... but still hopefully nice to look at.