Fiat-Chrysler sales up 5.6% in February, 2015

PREMiERdrum

(Bloomberg) -- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV said February sales rose 5.6 percent, less than analysts had estimated, as cold winter weather slowed showroom traffic.

Fiat Chrysler’s U.S. unit delivered 163,586 vehicles last month. Jeep sales rose 21 percent to 55,642, led by the Cherokee, Grand Cherokee and Wrangler. Chrysler brand climbed 13 percent to 28,502, as sales of the new 200 sedan soared 31 percent to 15,805. Analysts in a Bloomberg survey had estimated a gain of 8.9 percent. FCA US LLC, the former Chrysler Group, has now reported rising sales for 59 consecutive months.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-03-03/fiat-chrysler-misses-analysts-estimates-with-5-6-sales-growth

Edited by PREMiERdrum

The 300 is basically the standard premium/Luxury rental car, and Charger is the go to fullsize which in the past year has largely replaced the Taurus/Impala. Outside of Vegas I haven't seen many new 200 as rental cars, the Altima has pretty much taken that market.

I wonder what % of Altima's actually have options added to them, between the rental cars and the $99 a month lease specials. The new ones are just horrid cars.

Fiat sales are Jeep and RAM, that is what is driving sales. The new Renegade will add even more volume and with the Euro in a free fall of late, should make it very profitable for FCA.

Outside of Vegas I haven't seen many new 200 as rental cars, the Altima has pretty much taken that market.

I wonder what % of Altima's actually have options added to them, between the rental cars and the $99 a month lease specials. The new ones are just horrid cars.

We rented a car to drive from Pennsylvania to Kentucky last July for our annual vacation. It was a brand-new Chrysler 200C. My wife had rented a Fusion Titanium the previous month to visit a cousin in New England.

The Chrysler 200C certainly wasn't a bad car, but there were these "little things" that made my wife say, "I'd take the Fusion. There wasn't one thing wrong with that car."

Fiat sales are Jeep and RAM, that is what is driving sales.

In other words, the "New New" Chrysler Corporation is a lot like the old one in that respect.