2016 Lincoln MKX Production Timing

Could just be a shortage of rail cars or it's waiting on some part that was backordered or there could be a potential assembly line issue that is being investigated. Could be waiting on new parts for the cooled seat mechanism. No way to really tell for sure.

Thanks. Re: rail cars - others seem to be coming in with later build dates, although I've read that's a problem. But perhaps it's among the other issues you mention. Are back orders usually over a month in coming? Any parts issues re: airbags and Takata problems?

Could be a rail shortage to a specific area but I'm really just guessing. A month seems like a long time for backordered parts.

I'm not an employee so I don't have any inside info - just repeating things I've heard and seen over the years.

Thanks. Maybe I'll see what's available in another color and forget this particular vehicle.

• 4 weeks later...

How soon before the build date is the window sticker generated? My MKX has a scheduled build date of 12/07/2015 (Monday) but no window sticker comes up on search yet. I've checked:

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

http://windowstickerlookup.com

Last month I was tracking an MKX I thought my dealership would get from another dealer when it came. That window sticker was generated 9 days before the vehicle was built on 10/16!! They said that vehicle was due to arrive around 11/04-07, then 11/08-09, and hasn't arrived yet. Curious about why the plant would hold it so long?

My car just showed up today on etis.ford.com. I was given a build date of 12.07.2015. I'm curious about the 08.12.2015 date that's being used. Is it some kind of 'dummy' fill-in date while the vehicle is being built? Or something else ... ?

Primary Features Build Date: 08.12.2015 Vehicle Line: Lincoln MKX 2016- Engine: 2.7L DOHC 4V DI GT V6 GAS/FFV Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55
NavPanelArrowCloseDown-18x18.gif

Minor Features

• Oakville Plant Build
  • 2.7L DOHC 4V DI GT V6 GAS/FFV
  • 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55
  • Lincoln MKX 2016-
Edited by Dedonut

• 3 weeks later...

I've been tracking the slow movement of my car from Oakville, Ontario on 12/31/15 as far west as Blue Island, IL. yesterday. Today I checked and it's in Gibson, IN.!! Going the wrong way. The railcar numbers don't seem to work when I call UP. I have the railcar letters and numbers. Am I missing something that allows that info to translate from CNX to UP? I thought someone posted earlier ... somewhere ... that CNX tracks the shipment to destination even after UP picks it up?

Edited by Dedonut

I tracked the railcar shipment on my MKX beginning just outside Chicago. It left Oakville, Ontario, Canada on 12/31/15 and arrived in Benicia, CA for offloading on Jan. 11 at 10:58am. I'm having the Xzilon treatment done before I pick it up so I don't have to take it right back. I should hear something from the dealer soon.