2015 Lincoln MKX Final Orders Due: 08-29-14

2016 Lincoln MKX

2016 Lincoln MKX Order Bank Opens: 02-09-15

2016 Lincoln MKX Production Scheduling Begins: 03-12-15

2016 Lincoln MKX JOB1 (production) Begins: 04-27-15

Edited by robertlane

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a 2011 MKZ back then and tracked it through production and shipping to arrival. I now have the VIN for a new 2016 MKX and would like to track that. However, I've forgotten how I got started on that. Can someone direct me to the proper site, forum, or poster to get me started? I remember there was a site I could enter the VIN. Thanks.

My experience is that when your vehicle is built and ready to ship, then the Ford Etis page will update with your vehicle along with the color listed beside the description (which is absent until vehicle is ready to be shipped) and a whole bunch of other information about the vehicle options, etc. With that, there are some forums which give you rail tracking help

One example:

http://www.raptorforumz.com/threads/how-to-track-your-truck-by-rail-car-see-inside.13007/

ixmnrs-Thanks for the quick reply. All the info (e.g., color, options) is on Ford Etis and has been since I first looked on Sat. I checked the site you game me quickly but will go back to see what I need. It says 'to track your truck' but I assume the process is the same for all vehicles. The car I'm following is not a special order and my Sales Rep is trying to lock it down for me because it's coming in to another local dealer. I should know by tomorrow. I hope they can get it so I don't have to special order. Thanks again.

My dealer got the car. Said they can make an agreement but can't do paperwork until the first dealer actually has physical custody of the car (in case something happens to it in transit). It should arrive 11/08 or 11/09. I have me the Ramp #, Batch Code, and Item Number. I called CSX and used the Batch Code, which is 2 letters and 6 numbers, but there was no info. on it. Seems like it should be enroute soon if it's due to arrive in 2 weeks. I should think there would be many stops on the way. Is the info on Ford Etis the final say on the car? Etis says the build date is 16 10 15. The window sticker has a date of 10 07 15 on the bottom. What is that date?

Received this reply from cyberman this morning:

In Production - Produced - Ford Oakville Assembly, ON Oct-16-2015, 00:00 EDT.

No updates since.

I already knew the build date but I'd really like to know why this vehicle has been held back from shipment for three and a half weeks. I'm assuming this kind of delay has happened before. Does anyone know what causes them? A problem with it? Lost in the system? The dealer said it was due to arrive (in No. CA) on 11/08 or 11/09. That was probably speculation based on the build date.