Ford is hiring??

lackanookey

Unless there is an agreement between the Union and company. Per the contract, tier 2 has no ability/rights to sign transfer bids to another plant. Deals have been made in the past. But there is no language guaranteeing the right.

Higher seniority has transfer rights. It just makes no sense to hire off the street when you have a surplus of employees. Ford is falling back into it's old ways, too many employees was a problem in the past, and it will be a problem once again!

not as long as they're tier 2. there has to be a reason why they are keeping MAP on a 3 crew schedule. I've thought the same thing though. it would make more sense for them to give an entire shift the axe rather than scheduling 20 down weeks a year.

I keep thinking there must be a reason for running 3 crews at MAP, but I am not sure what it could be! It must be very profitable to run MAP 9 months out of the year and pay us to stay home the other 3 months! Isn't this one of the problems that got the auto companies in trouble a few years ago.....too many employees?

Remember, C-crew only costs half. The price of a Focus never dropped.

If orders spike, their bases are covered instead of paying A&B $45 & $60 in overtime. Also, the State of MI. is picking up the tab for the majority of the downtime(?).

I also believe there is new product heading to MAP, that will necessitate C-crew again.

Also, I think our small cars are federally mandated in some way against the amount of large trucks Ford builds.

Sorry my reply is all over the MAP. lol, I really don't know why they do anything except for $$$.

Remember, C-crew only costs half. The price of a Focus never dropped.

If orders spike, their bases are covered instead of paying A&B $45 & $60 in overtime. Also, the State of MI. is picking up the tab for the majority of the downtime(?).

I also believe there is new product heading to MAP, that will necessitate C-crew again.

Also, I think our small cars are federally mandated in some way against the amount of large trucks Ford builds.

Sorry my reply is all over the MAP. lol, I really don't know why they do anything except for $$$.

Ford pays UIA "contributions" on the first $9,000 that each employee earns. Based on the number of workers that file claims for unemployment every year, I would imagine their UIA rate is considerably high, probably 5% or more.

• Like 1