Rumor: Fiesta RS w/250 hp + AWD

Hugh

an RS model would probably act as free publicity for the regular ST...in which case I cant see it hurting at all as theoretically it would improve sales of the ST's. Hey, Im putting out approx. 205 right now, and some guys have tweeked the 1.6 to some eyebrow raising numbers ( bigger turbos , flashes etc ) so, drop in a 2.0 turbo from the Focus, go AWD and bingo, 275 with headroom ( mountune has kits for the 2.0 as well. ) I for one would be SERIOUSLY tempted...

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

Fuzzy....IMO ford needs to advertise their ST lineup, but right now that's just two vehicles....imagine if they had a Fusion ST, and advertised that lineup along with the Gt350.....think there would be any trickle down interest ( add a cameo of the GT of course )

• Like 2

Fuzzy....IMO ford needs to advertise their ST lineup, but right now that's just two vehicles....imagine if they had a Fusion ST, and advertised that lineup along with the Gt350.....think there would be any trickle down interest ( add a cameo of the GT of course )

I agree with you overall, however the focus ST seems to be doing alright based on how many we are building here at MAP. I've been seeing more of them driving around too. I do wonder how many of those were bought since the end of model year fire sale started though

interestingly enough when we tracked both the STs most preferred the Fiesta, talk about tossable, although I DO understand that they took everything they learned from the Focus ST and then upped the game on the Fiesta variant. Remains to be seen if the improvements will be implemented in the 2015 Focus ST, I would have to believe so.