UAW Ford Highest Paid Autoworkers In America

tooltime

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/columnists/daniel-howes/2015/01/29/howes-ford-breakthrough-runs-risk-uaw-year/22564603/

We (UAW-Ford) are the highest paid/compensated autoworkers in America. Compensation includes our 5 weeks paid vacation, medical benefits, prescription coverage, 22 paid holidays per year, $7,000 profit sharing average per, $1,250 cola per year and $250 CB per year as well as bereavement pay, jury duty etc, etc, etc....

Over $10.00 per hour higher than Chrysler, GM, Asians etc...........

The article is spot on for the fact if our wages raise too much, product investments and our treasured job security is at risk to going to mexico or over seas.

I want a raise but don't want to risk product investment, reduced medical coverage, reduced prescription coverage etc or even worse going through another plant closing-----

Hopefully we will get monetary/benefit gains in this agreement including product investments

But it's ok to have the highest paid CEO and getting even higher. But our wage stays the same because we don't want to loose "product and our all might job security". Keep drinking the kool-aid tool time :worship:

They will close what ever they want when ever they want and you can't do a damn thing about it. Things they do that don't make sense to us make sense to them and that's all that counts!

One vote YES for the contract !

Wow, I agree with you twice in one day. I never thought that would ever happen

The Rouge needs 400 new hires--- Add that to the 50 and these entry level members will also be added to full wage

God Bless the UAW for having the vision to save the autos, hire thousands more and continue to bless us with product investments in our plants,,,,,,,,,,,,,, our most valuable UAW negotiated benefit of JOB SECURITY

:happy feet:

The Rouge needs 400 new hires--- Add that to the 50 and these entry level members will also be added to full wage

God Bless the UAW for having the vision to save the autos, hire thousands more and continue to bless us with product investments in our plants,,,,,,,,,,,,,, our most valuable UAW negotiated benefit of JOB SECURITY

You do realize, I was referring to agreeing with littlecountry right?

Wow you went for seconds on that grape kool-aid didn't ya. You really think that a contract can really keep you employed ? Job security ? lolololol Keep drinking it I think there going to have lemon-lime this contract so don't be surprised by the different flavor.

• Like 3

Jimmy Hoffa called people like you "scared old women". Back then if the SOW had their way we would never arrived at the standard of living we have today. Make no mistake about it: it's a fight. No one ever won or keep anything without a fight. I for one am sick of the SOW apologizing for making a middle-class living. Don't go in to this fight on your knees and for Gods sake don't be an SOW...just saying.

• Like 3

I like the post dstyles. Seems like there's alot of people in these forums that just accept everything thrown at them. Not willing to ask for anything more. Complacent people and a bunch of yes men. They seem to never want more out of life or even a chance to better themselves. They will be happy putting on 4 bolts for 30 years.

• Like 4

OK....American Ford UAW workers are at the top of the labor ladder in both pay and benefits. American Ford UAW workers make a "true" liveable wage which allows us to buy cars, houses, college educations, take vacations, save $$$ for a comfortable retirement, and buy stuff with our expendable income which enables the economy to thrive and allows other manufactures to sell their product to someone. We have benefits that covers medical/dental/vision expenses. We get all this and our company still makes billions in profits per year.

Lets say American Ford UAW workers are paid $15/hr(considered decent pay by most labor workers and/or middle class people) with no benefits or pension plan, or about $31k per year. With today's economy, a family of 4 can barely get by with this but does not have any expendable income that the economy needs to thrive. They can't buy a house.....go to a bank and try to take a mortgage out with that kind of income. You can't afford a new vehicle or take time off work with no paid leave to go on vacation. Heck, with hamburger costing $5/lb, red meat would be a luxury. College for the kids?? forget it. Then after working for 40+ yrs with no pension or savings, you get a whole $1500/mo from soc sec forcing you to rely on government programs to just survive. And for a final kick in the nuts, while you are scraping to just live, your corporations board members are making millions with ridiculous benefit packages. With American Ford UAW workers making $15/hr, smaller non-union shops would be paying a little bit more than minimum wage forcing them to rely on government handouts while working a full time job.

Manufacturers(no matter what they make) will ALWAYS re-invest in their product to stay ahead of the competition, no matter what they pay their labor, or they will not survive. And with all the work now returning to the U.S. from overseas, proves that paying the labor force less and allowing corporations to sidestep U.S. regulations and taxes, is not as beneficial to them as they thought it would be 10yrs ago when they all said it would and bailed to countries where they could hire 13yr olds and dump toxic waste into the air and water.

Bottom line....American Ford UAW workers at their current compensation should be the middle class average, not top rung.

• Like 5

RougeWelder, you hit the nail square on the head. We (tier 1) are the middle class average nothing more.

But, to listen to some (tooltime) we have this angel that "gives" us all we need and more. I guess the veiw of the UAW/Ford world that some see is completely different from what all of the tier 2 members and most tier 1 members see. $31K to $35K gross a year is not middle class in this world we live in. Most our retiree`s face a culture shock when they start receiving their $30 K gross a year and realize that their benefits just are not what they need to be.

I`m sure there will be the responses giving all that "I salted all this money away" and the "my bulging TESPHE" account... but really how could there be anything salted or bulging of anything on $15 an hour? (yeah I know "we`re movin on up" to the first tier/with no benefits) Moving forward is the only way a business continues to stay in business. If one (tooltime) was to just take a quick look at how "our" business is being compensated for the product (labor) we sell, it wouldn`t take much to understand we have been under selling our product (labor) for a long time. It seems tooltime is satisfied with the IUAW not bringing up our efficiencies in the work place as a bargaining tool or the mysterious "job security" chant that Ford does at the bargaining table that still has the IUAW completely baffled..... But to each his own I guess.

I can see it now.... in the world tooltime inhabits,,,,The Angel floats above the bargaining table and pronounces "LARGE Raises for all and GREATBenefits equal for all" and the IUAW minions say praise be "it`s the best we could get"... now tell the memebers they should give thanks....

Decker

• Like 6

,,,,,,,,,,,,,, our most valuable UAW negotiated benefit of JOB SECURITY

The negotiated job security was called GEN and that is long gone.....

If there is job security ( in writing ) I would love to see / read it.

Currently you have the word "solidarity" used a lot at contract and election time but in practice you have plants whipsawing each other for work, contract language outright ignored or practiced differently in one facility to another and dues increased on everyone while our wages and benefits have not increased but decreased.

I have more faith in dealing directly with the company than thinking the UAW has my back.

• Like 2

do you really want to go DOWNtown that bad?

• Like 1

Something to keep in the back of your brain.

White collar workers, especially those hired after 2006, have significantly less benefits. Their medical plan choices are more limited and cost more. COLA went away a long time ago. Probably the biggest difference is they no longer have a "defined benefit" retirement plan.

I don't know if their profit sharing is calculated using the same formula as UAW workers.

They {White collar} don't need COLA the have an annual rise. Not to mention a bonus that is far above what we get.

30+ years. Trust me I did NOT get 30 raises !!

The average engineer/office worker puts in 44+ hours/week. I personally know several who consistently work 50+ hours a week, all without OT pay (some they can trade in for time off). If it is not recorded as OT, it does not add to their bonus.

Also engineers/office worker don't get anywhere near the bonuses that white collar management gets. LL5-LL3 can get 20-30% bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

They {White collar} don't need COLA the have an annual rise. Not to mention a bonus that is far above what we get.

I think its important to divide the "Upper Management" from the average Salary worker who has also taken a lot of concessons. Many who fell into the Visteon debacle lost their Ford pension & benefits & had to rehire with Ford. Most entry level salary employees worked a lot of unpaid overtime in the past & have given up many benefits as well.

I'm not trying to defend them just wanted to remind us all that not every salary employee has made out like upper managment has.