Alternative work schedule

manzov22

There are some people that like it and that is fine. I would just like to see it restricted. It dont work for everyone, so people like myself need options. I just dont want to back into a corner with it. Im hoping the union addresses the issue. People at my plant filled out resolution forms and the top 3 issues were:

1)OT after 8 hrs brought back

2)restrictions on aws

3)cola

There are some people that like it and that is fine. I would just like to see it restricted. It dont work for everyone, so people like myself need options. I just dont want to back into a corner with it. Im hoping the union addresses the issue. People at my plant filled out resolution forms and the top 3 issues were:

2)restrictions on aws

3)cola

2)restrictions on aws

3)cola

Get some seniority before you start complaining about the shift you have to work!

Some shifts don't work for some people. Everyone has the right to complain about that. Some people like days,nights, splits, it don't matter. I know for my self I could care less what shift I am on, just stay away from me untill I have adjusted my sleep pattern lol.

The people at my plant hate it. 98% of people are inconvenienced by it. We sacrifice quality time with our families so the company can make billions and the uaw can hire mass amounts of tier 2. The 2% that like it are on days and work 10 hrs mon-thurs with OT option on sunday. You have to have 20 yrs just to hold that shift. A person with 16 yrs has no chance at a day shift anytime soon. I just want it restricted to a percentage of the plant. That way people that like it can always have it and people that hate it dont have to do it. We need the UAW to step up and start listening to us, they are our voice. Sometimes,I feel they are losing touch with the floor.

One of the biggest issues with 4 crew is the fact that plants run 24 7. We all know the economy is cyclical and the plants wont need to run 24 7 forever. They are manning up the plants for 24 7 runtime. A little dip, not a big recession, in the economy and the auto companies will have a ton of extra people. Just a fact.

For once, I have to agree with littlecountry on this one. If you don't like it, either bide your time and get some seniority and pick the shift you want, or find another job. AWS isn't going anywhere, whether the union fights it or not. It's more cost effective for the company to operate that way. Yes it's true the opportunities for OT aren't out there like they used to be, which helps keep costs low for the company and in turn, keeps us employed. Maybe something can me done about that, maybe not. I'm not a mathematician or an economist.

It's a lot easier to shut down a plant for a week or 2 at a time to keep inventories at an acceptable level, which is what SUB pay is for. As long as that doesn't go away again, I'll deal with the hassle of filing an unemployment claim every now and then if it means the rest of the year I'm working and able to keep the bills paid.

Again, some people like it and some dont. There just needs to be options for people that dont want it. The people I know that have a family hate aws. Family time is sacrificed with aws. Especially, the 4 crew system and the people on c crew

There is an option, it's called get some seniority and bump to another shift!

Til then enjoy the bottom we have all been there!

Or quit!

Can't believe the workforce these days

Got seniority. Probably more than you. Your the problem with the current situation. You just think about yourself and noone else. Real union brother you are. We gave up so much and you are ok with it i guess. With people like you this current situation will never change. We will never move forward. I suppose you like working the weekend for straight time. Race to bottom with little country leading the way

• Like 1

Got seniority. Probably more than you. Your the problem with the current situation. You just think about yourself and noone else. Real union brother you are. We gave up so much and you are ok with it i guess. With people like you this current situation will never change. We will never move forward. I suppose you like working the weekend for straight time. Race to bottom with little country leading the way

Well brother if you have Seniorty why are you complaining Like it or not AWS is not going away. Sounds to me like you are the one thinking of yourself and saying screw seniorty.I did not like it when I hired in was on nights leaving for work about the time the kids got home worked 10 hours 5 days a week. I signed a shift preference to go days after working nights for 7 years service with know complaints. Thats just the way it is like it or not. I do not like three crew AWS but its something that is going haunt us forever.My only complaint is a 10.7 work schedule 10 hours a day is enough.

If you got seniority then why you bitching about the AWS,

Don't sound like you got any seniority at all

Speak for yourselves. I love c crew. An extra 10% premium, 3 day weekend in the middle of the week and of I want to go on vacation, I can get away with only using 2 days

I believe they are speaking for themselves fuzzy. Try looking at the big picture instead of what works for just you. We are writing a contract that affects tens of thousands.....not just you. Open your mind to options and how others are affected. I would give up something that would benefit me directly if it would be something that screwed the majority. Don't be so narrow minded dude.

Here is a post from you on another thread. Do not want to insult you, but what you say here, compared to what you said on the other thread, comes across as hypocritical.....

fuzzymoomoo:I agree with your sentiment, however I fear you are just preaching upon deaf ears. There's too many old timers still around who are all about what's best for themselves to think about what's best for everyone.

Edited by RougeWelder