Custom Search

Coming Up Next:
Lincoln Continental • Lincoln Aviator

Welcome to Blue Oval Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Blue Oval Forums.  You must first register to create topics and post replies. Registration is a quick and easy process and only takes a minute.  Be apart of Blue Oval Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images
  • Use the Shout feature and more. . .
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Extended Warranty Advice?

extended warranty

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   transitman

transitman

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,544 posts
  • Joined 21-February 09
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Fusion SE

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

We're thinking about buying the PremiumCARE ESP for our Energi. However, we're going to wait until 35 months or 35,500 miles and then decide, based on if we expect to actually keep the car through the end of the extended warranty period. I studied Risk Management in college so I have a thorough understanding of how insurance works, and this is essentially insurance. But, sometimes the peace of mind is nice to have even though you expect to lose money. There's also the Risk Aversion factor. The more risk averse you are the higher the value placed on the peace of mind offered by insurance.

I think we'd also end up using it for a bunch of little things rather than big things, that's why I'd pick the PremiumCARE which effectively extends the bumper-to-bumper warranty with a $0 deductible. The hybrid components are covered 8 yrs/100k miles so they wouldn't be effected by a PremiumCARE ESP, the powertrain is covered 5/60 so its extension by the ESP wouldn't be that great. Plus, with an Energi vehicle the ICE is hardly used so it isn't likely to have problems.

I shopped around on the inter web and found Flood Ford out of Rhode Island has the best price and the cost of the plan begins to increase after 12 months or 12,000 miles. One thing you can do is go to their web site and price out the cost based on mileage and months of ownership, you can input and numbers you want and it will give you the cost.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

2017 Fusion SE
1.5L, FWD
202A, SE Luxury Pkg
Driver Assist Pkg
Technology Pkg
Moonroof
NAV
White Gold Metallic

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 30-March 13
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium, 2013 Ford Focus Electric

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

I shopped around on the inter web and found Flood Ford out of Rhode Island has the best price and the cost of the plan begins to increase after 12 months or 12,000 miles. One thing you can do is go to their web site and price out the cost based on mileage and months of ownership, you can input and numbers you want and it will give you the cost.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

That's who I've used to shop prices. Anderson-Koch Ford right here in MN also sells the Ford ESP at a small margin like Flood Ford. I believe the increase is only $30 if you buy after 12 months/12k miles.

Edited by hybridbear, 27 January 2015 - 01:53 PM.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm (http://i1301.photobu...zps1oqaundp.jpg)

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

167422.png

#23 OFFLINE   MACUSgo

MACUSgo

New BON Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 19-July 16
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:mustang gt premium

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:55 PM

It is very interesting to read all ur replys everytime loool
Learned a lot about the warranty

#24 OFFLINE   phil1336

phil1336

phil1336

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined 13-March 10
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-MAX

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:02 PM

Florida BS prohabition on purchasing a Ford ESP Plan at a discount through an out of State Ford Dealer can be dealt with.  An out of State Ford Dealership can sell the Plan (in person) to a Florida resident but (not) through the Internet.  How can verification be made that you were physically at the Dealership on Vacation to purchase the ESP Plan?

#25 OFFLINE   Anthony

Anthony

Voice of reason

• 5,002 posts
  • Joined 08-May 01
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Focus Hatch

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

I am considering one for my Focus as I only have about 5k left on the factory warranty. Still not sure what I'm going to do.

My dealer originally was going to match Flood Ford's prices but then they backed out a few weeks later and refunded me the money. Jerks. I took that as a sign that maybe I shouldn't be buying it in the first place.

Edited by Anthony, 14 January 2017 - 02:16 PM.

#26 OFFLINE   blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Joined 01-May 07

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:06 PM

My contact who I have referred well over 100 people to him sells them at $100 over cost.  Exception is to Florida residents but he can save them the sales tax on it which is several hundreds of dollars.  He is one of the top internet ESP sellers volume wise.

#27 OFFLINE   Anthony

Anthony

Voice of reason

• 5,002 posts
  • Joined 08-May 01

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

Update from my post above:  I got something in the mail from Ford offering 0% financing for getting an extended warranty.

I gave them a call because who doesn't like free financing?

For my 2014 Focus, I wanted a quote for 7 year 100k miles Premium Care with $200 deductible.   

Ford's direct price?  $2,434

Flood Ford's Price?  $880

Well, it goes to show that there is a TON of markup on warranties.  Don't go directly with Ford to get the free financing.  We've said it a billion times on this forum, go with Flood Ford and get a super awesome deal.  Yeah, you'll pay it all at once, but you'll save a ton of dough.  I'm getting one this week.

#28 OFFLINE   blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Joined 01-May 07

Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:50 PM

My contact who I have referred well over 100 people to is cheaper then flood ($100 over cost] and he does 18 and 24 month 0% financing (flood won't do it).

Anyone can PM me for his info. I'll be buying my 4th from him this month.

#29 OFFLINE   transitman

transitman

Blue Oval Member

• Blue Oval Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,544 posts
  • Joined 21-February 09
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Fusion SE

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:13 AM

When I purchased my Fusion last year, I intended to get a ESP from Flood after the sale. When I was signing the paperwork the finance guy asked me if I was interested, told him about Flood, he looked it up and sold me an ESP at the dealerships cost, which was $15 over the Flood price, so I was able to roll the cost into my financing instead of paying out of pocket.

2017 Fusion SE
1.5L, FWD
202A, SE Luxury Pkg
Driver Assist Pkg
Technology Pkg
Moonroof
NAV
White Gold Metallic

#30 OFFLINE   Anthony

Anthony

Voice of reason

• 5,002 posts
  • Joined 08-May 01

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:26 AM

I got my ESP from Flood Ford as well  7 / 100k for $800 and change.  Dealer (and Ford) wanted over $2k.

Go Flood!

(anyone know of a similar place to buy for GM?)

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: extended warranty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·