Raises and cost of living reinstated

For some tier 2 a 15% raise would be less than a 5% raise for you. I know

it sounds crazy but it's the truth. It's time to bring back equal pay for equal work plain and simple.

I'm curious as to what numbers you're using to figure that.

Edited by madime39

I'm curious as to what numbers you're using to figure that.

My mistake it would be a small difference...a 15% raise for tier 2 would be about 2.25. Where as a 5% raise for tier 1 would be about 1.50. Fact is it doesn't close the gap enough for someone doing the same job. Equal work equal pay. Edited by Tier2

In a discussion with a truely able and resorceful group leader (one of the 1788) in the paint department a few questions were raised about your response here and on other treads.....

Then it was said that possibly the chassis group leader has missed his true calling as a "comedian"......

Andrew Dice Clay needs and opening act..... you free? ;)

Decker

1 of the 1788

The company loves to see us fight among ourselves. I'ts an added benefit to the 2 tier system.

I want to see us all get something out of this contract cycle. Last contract we agreed to no raise & focused on the Tier 2 improvements. This contract the company is doing much better so at min. we all should get something.

It has been said a set amount of time to get to full pay would be better for tier 2. I'm for that if that how most tier 2 feel. If you want dental & glasses (saves me no more than $100.00 a year for glasses & maybe $500 a year for dental) then lets fight for it. Crappy schedules, fine lets put it on the table. Just understand we can't have everything. Lets pick our battles carefully this time (no family centers or other boondoggles) & win them. Figure out what most important to us & stand as one union to get it.

Lets work as one UNION to raise the standard of living for all Union employees. I would like to see IUAW reps in every plant talking to us about what we want & for us to realize we can't have it all so lets pick wisely. Lets work as one UNION & not fight among ourselves.

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be lucky to retain what we have because the only tool the negotiators have is to threaten a strike.

That won't happen so that that.

I look for a raise for the tier 2 and a buy down for tier 1.

Raise tier 2 to 40% of the workforce.

No cola and no change to the AWS.

With another $6000.00 signing bonus.

Edited by Spuddly1
  • Like 1

You have the power to make it happen. If you don't like what's in the contract vote NO!

And keep voting NO until it's something you can live with. Don't let the IUAW bully you into voting yes or telling you that's the best your going to get. Send them back to the table again and again and again until they get it right !

Our voices need to be heard down at the IUAW that we not going to stand to get bullied into voting yes and buy the way KEEP your f'ing signing bone-us and let this contract pass on its own merits.

One more thing I want something thicker than 10 pages on the highlights of this new contract I want to see it all so I'm not surprised later in the year.

:read:

• Like 3

MTP'er has it right . . . I'll only add that when I had little or no seniority, Bob King who was my committeeman at the time, told me in March of 73, to put extra money away for the STRIKE . . . Having just started my family it was hard, but I opened an additional bank account just for that reason . . . We went on strike. Having $100 a week from the strike fund . . . (must walk the picket line to get paid - they sign you in) and having 3 months of money for my bills made my family feel safe as we fought for OUR contract . . . Please people prepare!!! . . . If we don't strike, you'll have a GREAT XMAS . . .

DTPrt how much time do you have ? March of 1973 YOU SHOULD BE GONE BY NOW.

Why? . . . I'm not dead and I show up for work everyday! . . . Still healthy, thanks for good Health Care Plan . . . Can you raise 3 kids, 2 Colleges, a lot of lay-offs for the first 9 years, 2 daughter weddings, provide for a wife with Cancer and do it on a single income? . . . Good for you!!! . . . I've seen my friends leave and they are the ones who call every year to hit me up for $5000, $3000 or what ever . . . With the poor economy and health care uncertain in the future and those who have left have either died early or have to find work, which they can't find . . . fixed income they make is difficult . . . Sure if I was a Skilled Tradesmen or stayed on Salary (with those who were stealing from the company), perhaps I would have made it in 30 . . . What about the uncertain future of the ones coming behind me, who want to screw the retirees . . . I'm doing just fine. . .

Edited by DTPrt
  • Like 2