Raises and cost of living reinstated

Yes until we leave the shit union anyway. Uaw already lost 3 percent of workers in one year with right to work, with are contract coming there gonna lose a boat load more. Ounce we rid areselfs of the shitty uaw we can watch the big three get rid of all legacy employees

OMG it seriously hurts my eyes...and yet, I can't stop reading it.

Accept it folks , 2nd Tier employees have no clue and don't realize Tier 1 created the job they have now! Instead of Thanks , we have to listen to them whine and be ungrateful..

Tier 1 can also blame themselves for NOT receiving a raise in over 10 yrs instead of placing that blame on the Company. It was YOUR union representatives that didn't push hard enough for a raise to be on those contracts.

Yes until we leave the shit union anyway. Uaw already lost 3 percent of workers in one year with right to work, with are contract coming there gonna lose a boat load more. Ounce we rid areselfs of the shitty uaw we can watch the big three get rid of all legacy employees

Once you leave the union the union will help the company fire your ass, and you can be replaced with somebody who is grateful for a job.

Never heard so much crying in my life over something that you knew before you took the job.

Because they threw a bone-us at the people the IUAW knew it couldn't pass on its own merits .And now with the 2 tier voting on this next contract what the hell you think is going to happen? The IUAW throws in a bone-us of 6k or more that's a quarter of there base pay for the year, they'd be stupid not to vote yes.

The IUAW has lost touch with its membership its being ran like a business and what's good for the business is good for the membership. And by the way I voted NO and I'll voted that way again if I have too. I was willing to take the consequences for a no vote. 2nd gen UAW.

• Like 1

Because they threw a bone-us at the people the IUAW knew it couldn't pass on its own merits .And now with the 2 tier voting on this next contract what the hell you think is going to happen? The IUAW throws in a bone-us of 6k or more that's a quarter of there base pay for the year, they'd be stupid not to vote yes.

The IUAW has lost touch with its membership its being ran like a business and what's good for the business is good for the membership. And by the way I voted NO and I'll voted that way again if I have too. I was willing to take the consequences for a no vote. 2nd gen UAW.

Knowing that it had been such a long time since there was a raise Why didn't the IUAW tell Ford that it wasn't going to bring a contract to its members to vote on unless the contract included a raise?

I dont think its that Tier2 people are not grateful for having their jobs. I know from my self and the people I work around we are very grateful. Its just that the small percentage that is not happy is louder about it. negative stuff is always louder then positive stuff. Think in the form of news papers, the negative stuff tends to get more coverage. An example of that would be Lions loss getting more coverage than the Red Wings making the playoffs for 20+ years. I would never expect to walk into any place and make the same as someone who has 10,15,20+ years in. The part that bothers me, under the current contract I cant ever reach what a tier1 worker makes even if I am here 15 years. Yes I am aware that it goes by a percentage and at some point I could get moved up in pay, but there is no set date or time frame for that to happen.

I find it funny how somehow it's our fault (tier 2) that we are making half of what tier 1 makes.

Listen, I knew exactly what I was getting into when I took the test and started at Ford almost 2 years ago. For people to somehow twist it and say it's my fault and deal with it is just mindnumbingly stupid.

Its hard to get public support when the trades are making $150,000 per year, most promotional production jobs are at $80,000 per year (including ot) our golden benefits are better that any one I know including salary as the cost goes up year after year we have no additional out of pocket costs. Family of 4 for medical coverage is now $10,000 per year. We have good dental and great prescription coverage. I have as well as most trades grossed $13,000+ per year profit sharing and also include the signing bonus of $8,000 and the yearly $1,250 cola bonus and BINGO-- The public HATES Us

Our plants are flooded with work and our #1 negotiated benefit is job security which has been a home run............

I would like a raise too............. Public hatred towards unions especially the UAW is tied into the republican propaganda lie machine, one union, one member, can not change the perception

i think he wants to go downtown.... but if he made 150k and 13k bonus he may take a pay cut.

• Like 1

Accept it folks , 2nd Tier employees have no clue and don't realize Tier 1 created the job they have now! Instead of Thanks , we have to listen to them whine and be ungrateful..

And most tier 1 employees have no clue and can't comprehend that they were one presidential election away from being tier 2 themselves.

Yea ok, not sure how you come up with that but ok!

Still don't get it do you, Tier 1 created the job you have and your ungrateful

You don't get it do you? If McCain won the election the company goes bankrupt and there is no longer a contract and there is a new company formed that would hire you in at most likely less than what tier 2 got started at. Tier 1 didn't create a job for tier 2....tier 1 passed a contract, that most still bitch about today, with a tier 2 system because they had to for their own job. Edited by Tier2

You don't get it do you? If Romney won the election the company goes bankrupt and there is no longer a contract and there is a new company formed that would hire you in at most likely less than what tier 2 got started at. Tier 1 didn't create a job for tier 2....tier 1 passed a contract, that most still bitch about today, with a tier 2 system because they had to for their own job.

Romney (or McCain) wasn't running for election when tier 2 was implemented. That all happened when Bush was still in office. If you are going to argue a stupid point, at least get your facts straight.

And contrary to what he will have you believe, Obama wasn't directly responsible for bailing out GM and Chrysler, all he did was sign the papers. Bush (and mostly congress) got all of that started then left it for Obama when his term was up. I hate both presidents but jeebus quit giving them credit when they don't deserve it and give them proper credit when they do.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

Romney (or McCain) wasn't running for election when tier 2 was implemented. That all happened when Bush was still in office. If you are going to argue a stupid point, at least get your facts straight.

And contrary to what he will have you believe, Obama wasn't directly responsible for bailing out GM and Chrysler, all he did was sign the papers. Bush (and mostly congress) got all of that started then left it for Obama when his term was up. I hate both presidents but jeebus quit giving them credit when they don't deserve it and give them proper credit when they do.

McCain was against the bailout unless wages and benefits were cut. I know what I'm talking about. Bush initiated a stimulus package which was definitely not a bailout. Edited by Tier2

Tier one voted yes on the last contract in order to save their own jobs, AND bring more work into the company so that we could have more employees, that in the future, we could bring up to full scale. Many of us would have preferred that the Tier two had been more of a progression into tier one, but the international stated flat out that Ford was not going to let that happen. We made a choice that no one really wanted, knowing that in future contracts, when times were better, that it could be changed if we had the right leadership in place at the international. So many people are blaming each other, and the truth is the blame belongs to Ford, and the two Auto companies that had to get bailed out in order to survive. GM and Chrysler had iron clad no strike clauses, and had no choice whatsoever. IUAW, still played the "We have be competitive" card, and the Pattern bargaining card to get what Ford wanted, and not make us out of reach of GM and Chrysler members.

Now its coming into Contract time again, and myself, and many others that I know, will vote no unless some of the following things happen.

First, two tier MUST be eliminated completely. We don't mind a system like the CAW has that takes so many years (CAW takes 10 years) to reach full pay and bennies, but it has to be a system that insures that all employees are treated equally in both pay and benefits at the end of the day.

Two, Legacy needs a raise in order to get back some of what we lost the last 3 contracts, and to enable us to keep up with inflation. Costs of everything have gone thru the roof, and our pay keeps shrinking in comparison.

We want COLA returned to insure ALL employees can keep up with inflation in the future.

We want a contract, WITHOUT any type of signing bonus. Make it a contract that sells itself, and not one that people jump at in order to get a couple weeks of extra pay. A signing bonus does nothing to make up for the earnings even a small raise would generate over the life of a contract.

I have voted no on every contract over the past 27 years. WHY? because I KNEW we could do better, if we held our leaderships feet to the fire. I will continue to vote no until we are all made equal, and ALL employees, can enjoy a lifestyle that we deserve for bringing in the record profits that we have delivered to the company for the last few years.

The fighting between the tiers MUST stop. We need to ALL work together to eliminate the divide, and make us all equal in pay and benefits. As the UAW was founded upon, Equal pay, for Equal work. Nothing less can be acceptable.

Save your money folks, This could very well be the year that the UAW finally fights FOR the employees, instead of the company. Remember, strike pay WON'T pay the bills. Have some savings available to help you thru in case of a strike.

Edited by trailfndr

Tier one voted yes on the last contract in order to save their own jobs, AND bring more work into the company so that we could have more employees, that in the future, we could bring up to full scale. Many of us would have preferred that the Tier two had been more of a progression into tier one, but the international stated flat out that Ford was not going to let that happen. We made a choice that no one really wanted, knowing that in future contracts, when times were better, that it could be changed if we had the right leadership in place at the international. So many people are blaming each other, and the truth is the blame belongs to Ford, and the two Auto companies that had to get bailed out in order to survive. GM and Chrysler had iron clad no strike clauses, and had no choice whatsoever. IUAW, still played the "We have be competitive" card, and the Pattern bargaining card to get what Ford wanted, and not make us out of reach of GM and Chrysler members.

Now its coming into Contract time again, and myself, and many others that I know, will vote no unless some of the following things happen.

First, two tier MUST be eliminated completely. We don't mind a system like the CAW has that takes so many years (CAW takes 10 years) to reach full pay and bennies, but it has to be a system that insures that all employees are treated equally in both pay and benefits at the end of the day.

Two, Legacy needs a raise in order to get back some of what we lost the last 3 contracts, and to enable us to keep up with inflation. Costs of everything have gone thru the roof, and our pay keeps shrinking in comparison.

We want COLA returned to insure ALL employees can keep up with inflation in the future.

We want a contract, WITHOUT any type of signing bonus. Make it a contract that sells itself, and not one that people jump at in order to get a couple weeks of extra pay. A signing bonus does nothing to make up for the earnings even a small raise would generate over the life of a contract.

I have voted no on every contract over the past 27 years. WHY? because I KNEW we could do better, if we held our leaderships feet to the fire. I will continue to vote no until we are all made equal, and ALL employees, can enjoy a lifestyle that we deserve for bringing in the record profits that we have delivered to the company for the last few years.

The fighting between the tiers MUST stop. We need to ALL work together to eliminate the divide, and make us all equal in pay and benefits. As the UAW was founded upon, Equal pay, for Equal work. Nothing less can be acceptable.

Save your money folks, This could very well be the year that the UAW finally fights FOR the employees, instead of the company. Remember, strike pay WON'T pay the bills. Have some savings available to help you thru in case of a strike.

Problem is that too many people see that signing bonus and jump at it. I still put the blame on the IUAW for not fighting hard enough for us....

No more concessions!!! Its our turn to get back what we gave up. Took forty years to get it and 1 to give it back. Ford made a ton of money last year and this year off the workers back. The UAW negioted concessions with no clause to ever get it back. Why??????? Issues i want addressed are: OT after 8 hrs back, restrict AWS to a percentage of the plant (no more forcing people on it and ruining lives), cola, and some vacation days back. The UAW has lost touch with its employees. We need a union for the people