Raises and cost of living reinstated

Honestly, being 2nd tier myself, the only thing I want out of this contract is to get the same healthcare Tier 1 gets. Anything else is just gravy in my eyes.

I'm sick of not having vision and dental, especially when both me and my fiance both need glasses (we will be married by the time the current contract expires)

That being said, I'm not going to complain if we all get bumped up to Tier 1 wages, even if I/We all start at the bottom of the scale, I'm not expecting it. Just don't fuck with the order of seniority.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

First off I would like to say EVERYONE should be thankful to have a job..Secondly EVERYONE deserves a raise. However when I hired in back 13 yrs ago.. I didn't start off making "Top" dollars nor did I receive full benefits. I had to work my way up the pay scale as I'm sure thousands others did as well. To me there is no "Us" or "U" in the matter of our classifications. We all are employed by One Company to do their assigned jobs. Most 2 Tier employees started maybe 3 yrs ago. You have received raises since and well deserved. Next contract you will receive a new set of raises. However don't lash out at your Tier 1 fellow employee just because they were hired before times changed and the 2 Tier system was implemented. U are falling right in the mindset of how the "Company" wants. Pitting folks against each other to undermind and divide to overshadow the fact "We all" deserve more. But put your time in before u expect the world. There is enough prosperity for all together than divided.

My problem is with the tier 1 employees who say they will not vote yes for a contract that gives tier 2 a raise if they don't get one. THAT is having the same mindset as the company....pure greed.

Honestly, being 2nd tier myself, the only thing I want out of this contract is to get the same healthcare Tier 1 gets. Anything else is just gravy in my eyes.

I'm sick of not having vision and dental, especially when both me and my fiance both need glasses (we will be married by the time the current contract expires)

That being said, I'm not going to complain if we all get bumped up to Tier 1 wages, even if I/We all start at the bottom of the scale, I'm not expecting it. Just don't fuck with the order of seniority.

We will never have the same healthcare tier 1 has....but the company contributing more to our HSA could definitely be negotiated.

Great Post!

I just hate how the 2nd Tier feel they were wronged and they did not even work for the company when the 2 tier was implemented.

They act like they did not know how much they would be making when they got h

ired on.

I knew exactly what I was getting and I took the job with the expectation that it would change this contract and I believe it will.

I knew exactly what I was getting and I took the job with the expectation that it would change this contract and I believe it will.

It's not going to change as much as you want it to, there's still a ton of the old guard around to vote no on it, and they will say no if it means they don't get a raise out of the deal.

I've heard 2 Tier say that when they are brought to Tier 1 pay they also get a pension to.

Tier 2 has no clue how things work.

I know exactly how it works. I know Tier 2 will never have a pension, nor do I want one. I'm fine with the company contributing to my 401k. I'd rather control my own retirement than have to worry about someone screwing my pension up. Ask Enron and Hostess retirees how their pensions are doing.

I know exactly how it works. I know Tier 2 will never have a pension, nor do I want one. I'm fine with the company contributing to my 401k. I'd rather control my own retirement than have to worry about someone screwing my pension up. Ask Enron and Hostess retirees how their pensions are doing.

We don't have a 401k. It's a stock based savings account. The company doesn't have as big of a tax burden with it.

We will never get a pension. Ever. Those days are looooong gone

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

We don't have a 401k. It's a stock based savings account. The company doesn't have as big of a tax burden with it.

We will never get a pension. Ever. Those days are looooong gone

Yes you do have a 401K.

All 401k have stock options in it but also have interest income funds , which you earn very little interest but it's not stock and you don't lose value.

You need to get more informed on how a 401k works. That is your retirement.

• Like 1

Yes you do have a 401K.

All 401k have stock options in it but also have interest income funds , which you earn very little interest but it's not stock and you don't lose value.

You need to get more informed on how a 401k works. That is your retirement.

My advisor explained it differently than that. I'm just passing along what he told me.

It is stock based to a degree, why else would I be able to purchase Ford stock through it?

Its nice knowing that when I complete my four year long apprenticeship ill be earning less then a previous grade 1 cleaner

It was an interesting when the union apologised for telling us the incorrect pay that we would receive once we completed the apprenticeship, when some of the other guys had already quit their previous jobs to now earn far less. The grass was not as greener as it first looked.

Its nice to know that when I finish my 4 year apprenticeship that I will be earning less then a 1st tier cleaner :D

It also fun explaining to a 1st tier oaf yesterday that I am not better off because I pay less in tax then him, when he earns nearly twice as much as me in the first place

ah well, ford is a big place and hopefully I can 'climb the ladder' one day

First off I would like to say EVERYONE should be thankful to have a job..Secondly EVERYONE deserves a raise. However when I hired in back 13 yrs ago.. I didn't start off making "Top" dollars nor did I receive full benefits. I had to work my way up the pay scale as I'm sure thousands others did as well. To me there is no "Us" or "U" in the matter of our classifications. We all are employed by One Company to do their assigned jobs. Most 2 Tier employees started maybe 3 yrs ago. You have received raises since and well deserved. Next contract you will receive a new set of raises. However don't lash out at your Tier 1 fellow employee just because they were hired before times changed and the 2 Tier system was implemented. U are falling right in the mindset of how the "Company" wants. Pitting folks against each other to undermind and divide to overshadow the fact "We all" deserve more. But put your time in before u expect the world. There is enough prosperity for all together than divided.

Tier 1 created the divide by voting yes on a 2 tiered scale, stop blaming the company for the 2 tier and start taking ownership for something you voted yes on...

It's great to have high expectations and wanting and probably believing you will get everything you ask for. But, that's not realistic. Being salaried I have received some raises in the time frame you have not. What you aren't told is that at the same time we have received raises, we have received benefit increases that are usually equal to or greater than the amount of the raise. So, you get a raise and pay for your benefits with it. You might have some left over, maybe not.

I think it is wrong or misguided when hourly point at salary and say we got raises and don't know or don't understand it was just shifting monies for the Company and placing more burdens on us to pay for our own benefits. Be careful what you ask for because maybe the company will give you a raise and maybe you will end up paying for your healthcare--then whatever increase you see will disappear.

Yes until we leave the shit union anyway. Uaw already lost 3 percent of workers in one year with right to work, with are contract coming there gonna lose a boat load more. Ounce we rid areselfs of the shitty uaw we can watch the big three get rid of all legacy employees