2015 build & price finally up

fuzzymoomoo

As discussed, no handling package and all season tires (ZR rated). Can someone please explain what was the difference between the handling package and the standard setup? Has the 2015 Focus eliminated the necessity of such an option or it just wasn't selling?

As discussed, no handling package and all season tires (ZR rated). Can someone please explain what was the difference between the handling package and the standard setup? Has the 2015 Focus eliminated the necessity of such an option or it just wasn't selling?

Titanium Handling Package on MY 2014 Focus (U.S. spec) includes 18" wheels, stiffer springs and dampers, full size spare tire, and Michelin Pilot Sport 3 UHP summer tires. This package is a bargain at $595, especially considering that the PS3 tires are currently selling for $222 each at Tire Rack!

According to the order guide for MY 2015 Focus, Titanium 18" wheel package includes "Low Profile High Performance All-Season Tires" and full size spare tire in addition to the larger wheels. There's no mention of any suspension upgrades in the order guide, either for the Focus lineup in general or for the Titanium 18" Wheel Package specifically. However, the 2015 Focus press release on media.ford.com mentions this:

The new Focus also will benefit from suspension and chassis upgrades. These include a new shock absorber valve design providing improved interior quietness, a new electronic stability control system with less intrusion and improved comfort, and a change to the rear suspension to give drivers a more connected feel to the road.

This suggests the revised suspension tuning in non ST MY 2015 Focus models is not the same as the sportier setup included with the Titanium Handling Package in previous years. Combined with the loss of those superb Michelin PS3 tires and a price that's $30 higher, the Titanium 18" Wheel Package represents a retrograde step from the Handling Package.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A few thoughts about the 2015 Focus.

When the 2012 Focus debuted...I liked it. Liked it, but didn't love it like I did the original 2000 Focus. But at the Detroit Auto Show this year...I kinda fell for the 2015 Focus. I always felt that the body of the 2012 Focus was well done ( if only the roofline was higher on all models )...and I thought the sedan was especially handsome. But I felt like the 2012's front end too aggressive, looked awkward at certain angles...and wasn't "premium" enough looking, considering the price. I feel like with the 2015 update, they have created a really great look. The front still looks aggressive, but now it looks far more premium and classy. I'm sure that there were a few buyers who were turned off from the 2012 front end that would now put the Focus back on their shopping lists.

Also, after playing around on the Built Site...did you notice that the Focus sedan and hatchback now cost the same ( SE & Titanium )? If memory serves, in years past the hatchback models were about a $1,000 more than the sedan.

• 3 weeks later...

According to the order guide for MY 2015 Focus, Titanium 18" wheel package includes "Low Profile High Performance All-Season Tires"

Apparently, the "Low Profile High Performance All-Season Tires" are Pirelli P Zero Nero All Season in size 235/40ZR18 95W. While decent, these are no match for Michelin Pilot Sport 3 summer performance tires.

Dealer I got my car still has a lot of leftover 14's, but with gas prices so low, buyers are getting upsold to SUV's.

Anyway, some "Focus Fanatics" are whining about the style change, but that anytime there is a facia update. 'Wahhh, my car looks old now!'.

They brought back tan paint, 'Techtonic', after a few years absent, but doesn't look as plain as the common beige on many Asian cars.

Edited by 630land

• 3 months later...