Focus RS

Hugh

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the Focus RS built on the next gen alloy platform due in 12-18 months time?

or will it be a lass hurrah special in steel?

RS has historically appeared as the last hurrah on most of the Ford Europe vehicle line.

drives the Motor city insane with questionable product releases....still as mis-managed as ever...do they even have any semi desirable core product?....

You know, I sat here trying to think of one, and started running through the list.....Malibu, no; Cruze, maybe; Equinox, meh - what else is there that I'm missing?

• Like 1

You know, I sat here trying to think of one, and started running through the list.....Malibu, no; Cruze, maybe; Equinox, meh - what else is there that I'm missing?

Honestly, I don't have a hate for Malibu and Cruze, it needs work. I like the Impala actually and Equinox is not bad for the limited time I was in one. Yes I had to bathe afterward. Traverse? Man, I don't know where they are going with those. I guess Corvette is pretty consistant at being good. Camero? Always a good fight between it and Mustang.

RMC: I get the joke I didn't have my ironic font on.

Edited by Hugh

Honestly, I don't have a hate for Malibu and Cruze, it needs work. I like the Impala actually and Equinox is not bad for the limited time I was in one. Yes I had to bathe afterward. Traverse? Man, I don't know where they are going with those. I guess Corvette is pretty consistant at being good. Camero? Always a good fight between it and Mustang.

RMC: I get the joke I didn't have my ironic font on.

Eh, I was trying to think of core products, though I suppose you could argue a "core" product is different for each brand...but compact and midsize sedans and crossovers are the heart of the market right now.

And I suppose Malibu and Cruze aren't terrible, but I just think they're behind the competition (the Malibu more so than the Cruze). And the Equinox is just old at this point, not to mention it's "tweener" status.

• Like 2

@RMC....amazing the difference in management between GM and Ford. Ford focused on the meat and potatoes, and strengthened the foundation of the company, GM on the other hand focused on low volume "niche" models...Volt, ELR, Vette, Camaro, hell, even the smaller Colorado qualifies....NOW Ford has such a strong base of self sustaining sales we get rewarded with new Raptors, GT350s, Gt...and yeah eventually an RS Focus...the thinking and execution between the two companies is almost polar opposites...

It's because GM is too busy trying to build "_____ fighters" instead of focusing on their own brand identities.

The only "fighters" I would personally call successful is the mustang fighting camaro and the corvette (viper fighter? I'm not really sure what is technically its competition)

Yes, they have success selling other models but IMO they sent really winning any battles

...You know, I just realized all the vehicles they unveiled today were the same blue color - It must be the color of Ford Performance.

The color is called "Liquid Blue," and you are correct in that it is indeed the official color of Ford Performance. Ford was quick to point out that the color is strictly for Ford Performance to show off their vehicles, and there are absolutely no plans now or in the future to offer it on any production vehicle. This is due not only to that reason but also the fact that it's actually a very elaborate paint process to achieve the color. Edited by OHV 16V
  • Like 1

It's because GM is too busy trying to build "_____ fighters" instead of focusing on their own brand identities.

The only "fighters" I would personally call successful is the mustang fighting camaro and the corvette (viper fighter? I'm not really sure what is technically its competition)

Yes, they have success selling other models but IMO they sent really winning any battles

GM is basically spray hitting instead of working to a plan based on what their buyers are telling them.

Yes, elevate Cadillac but don't forget to do the same with Buick to fill the price gap and while they're at it,

give Chevrolet more basic production by removing competing base model Buicks.

An FWIW, I couldn't give a rats how much GM spends, all their chickens wil come home to roost one way or another.

Chasing the luxury market is capital intensive and high risk, the very best GM can hope for is success without losing their shirt,

Edited by jpd80

You can sum up GM's bad decisions with one example.

You raise the price of the CTS - your banner sedan - and sales tank. So they announce not one, but TWO even larger and more expensive sedans going into a market that is still shrinking. How does that make any sense?