2016 Lincoln MKX

Anthony

I think it looks great! My only complaints (if you could call them that, as they're more nitpicking than anything) would be I wish the center portion of the rear lightbar were slimmer like the concept; and the headlights seem a tad large in some pictures. But otherwise I think it's looks great.

Also interesting to not the start button placement, given the recent moving of it to the top in the MKC.

Wow, it looks awesome!! Even non Lincoln fans should be amazed on how well it looks. This will definitely get the attention of Audi, BMW, Lexus X-over buyers. Now, they need to advertise the snot out of it.

Edited by Hydro
  • Like 1

It is tastefully subdued like dare I say "AUDI"? I'm liking because it is succeeding in the differation between this and the Edge. Haters will hate of course because the top hat looks the same and the grill, sides, powertrains etc.

What I would have liked to have been brought over from the concept was the LED surround on the headlight unit. That was pretty cool.

Another one, where they simply can't center the bottom fascia air inlet. Not sure why it's so difficult to do so. Surprised at the location of the Engine Start, next to the volume. Otherwise looks very elegant, hopefully it's not overpriced.

Because heaven forbide, I want to crank up the tunes that suddenly, I`m not going anywhere ;)

As for overpriced, what ballpark figure you mean? I can't say considering I paid over $40k CAD for an Escape. You can pay $50K for a Taurus Limited, $70+ for a Lariat supercrew...etc.

Edited by Hugh

Someone on Autoblog complained about cheap plastics on the bottom parts of the interior. My simple experience is that area gets lots of scuffs and it needs to take the beating or expensive stuff will get ruined. Oh my gods, a real dead pedal!

• Like 1

Another one, where they simply can't center the bottom fascia air inlet. Not sure why it's so difficult to do so.

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Much like the Kia Optima's immense front overhang, this off-center air inlet will be the first, and only, thing I'll notice when I see one.

:banghead:

Not sure why it's so difficult to do so

Engineering. These things are engineered from the inside out, and for CAFE purposes, that inlet will be as small as it can possibly be, which means it's engineered to match a piece of equipment (probably a transmission cooler) that is engineered to fit as closely as possible to other pieces of equipment, etc.

Edited by RichardJensen