New York Cops Ambushed and Killed

bdegrand

I read about the recent ambush and shooting of two New York police officers as they sat in their patrol car. The attacker apparently approached from the rear and finally shot them from the side of the vehicle.

I recall Ford Motor was offering a 'police surveillance package' that alerts officers if someone apparently approaches from the rear, or at least allows them visibility. I know it's too late for those New York officers, but hopefully more patrol cars can consider this option.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-to-expand-police-interceptor-surveillance-mode-to-other-models-video.html

Edited by bdegrand

Won't help NYPD. They only buy GM police cars.

I do see lots of them...but most of New York Times cover pages had.....are you ready for this....a Ford Fusion Police car. Also forgot to mention that Ford was offering the licensed package to other makers (FCA and GM patrol cars).

Edited by bdegrand

In this case, it would not have helped...the officers were in the patrol vehicle parked next to the sidewalk. The killer walked up and assumed a shooters stance from the passenger side of the vehicle and shot both officers at close range. Truly a cowardly act followed by yet another cowardly act when he ran to the subway station and killed himself to prevent capture. The shooter planned the attack and killed the first two officers he was able to ambush.

In this case, it would not have helped...the officers were in the patrol vehicle parked next to the sidewalk. The killer walked up and assumed a shooters stance from the passenger side of the vehicle and shot both officers at close range. Truly a cowardly act followed by yet another cowardly act when he ran to the subway station and killed himself to prevent capture. The shooter planned the attack and killed the first two officers he was able to ambush.

I was referring to this quote from Daily News....when I read "behind the car".....

The perp came out of the houses, walked up behind the car and lit them up,” a high-ranking police official told the Daily News. "He approached from behind, opened fire and clearly his intent was to assassinate them," an official told the New York Times.

I was referring to this quote from Daily News....when I read "behind the car".....

The perp came out of the houses, walked up behind the car and lit them up,” a high-ranking police official told the Daily News. "He approached from behind, opened fire and clearly his intent was to assassinate them," an official told the New York Times.

He fired from the sidewalk into the passenger side of the vehicle. He may have approached from the rear, but he was on the passenger side when he opened fire.

_79870772_79870771.jpg

He fired from the sidewalk into the passenger side of the vehicle. He may have approached from the rear, but he was on the passenger side when he opened fire._79870772_79870771.jpg

I totally agree where he took the final position, but with the Ford Surveillance System, it sounds an alert to the officers to make them aware of the rear approach from the demo I viewed. Maybe it would have given them the extra few seconds to prepare, rather than totally blindsided and ambushed.

It's fine to have a "rear approach warning system", but in a place like NYC, I'd think such warnings would fade in the realm of background noise after a short time.

People will deny it, but this type of attack is exactly what the protesters were encouraging. They willfully see no difference between someone being killed while resisting arrest, and simply coming up and murdering officers.

Edited by RangerM

This is what happens when you have a President and an Attorney General who accuse police departments across the country of being racist and targeting black citizens even while the statics and facts prove otherwise.

This is what happens when the Mayor of New York city campaigns and gets elected on anti-Police rhetoric and essentially accuses the NYPD of being racist even when the facts prove otherwise.

This is what happens when you don't do anything about violent protesters who are chanting about wanting "dead Cops".

This is what happens when Al Sharpton shows up in the aftermath of a Police shooting to fan the flames of hatred and encourage this kind of behavior.

When the announcement was made in Ferguson that Officer Darren Wilson would not be charged Barack Obama was in front of a news camera within 15 minutes to denounce the decision. He has yet to get in front of a camera following the execution of these two New York Police Officers. Instead he has issued a written statement. Likewise, Al Sharpton has, not surprisingly, suddenly become very camera shy.

These are all facts and they speak for themselves.

• Like 2

This is what happens when you have a President and an Attorney General who accuse police departments across the country of being racist and targeting black citizens even while the statics and facts prove otherwise.

This is what happens when the Mayor of New York city campaigns and gets elected on anti-Police rhetoric and essentially accuses the NYPD of being racist even when the facts prove otherwise.

This is what happens when you don't do anything about violent protesters who are chanting about wanting "dead Cops".

This is what happens when Al Sharpton shows up in the aftermath of a Police shooting to fan the flames of hatred and encourage this kind of behavior.

When the announcement was made in Ferguson that Officer Darren Wilson would not be charged Barack Obama was in front of a news camera within 15 minutes to denounce the decision. He has yet to get in front of a camera following the execution of these two New York Police Officers. Instead he has issued a written statement. Likewise, Al Sharpton has, not surprisingly, suddenly become very camera shy.

These are all facts and they speak for themselves.

So we blame Limbaugh and Beck for the Bundy ranch and the PA State Trooper ambush? .

A sick man shot 2 cops and it's a tragedy but let not put political bottle spins on it because the bottle can stop at where you don't want to point at.

• Like 1

So we blame Limbaugh and Beck for the Bundy ranch and the PA State Trooper ambush? .

A sick man shot 2 cops and it's a tragedy but let not put political bottle spins on it because the bottle can stop at where you don't want to point at.

Yea, I'll try to remember that while the crowds are out on the streets shouting that they want dead cops.

Edited by BlackHorse

The stupidest part is people who actually think they have the right to resist arrest. They misunderstand the law that says you can resist an unlawful arrest such as a rogue policeman or illegal police state.

Liberals have convinced them they aren't responsible for their own actions so they blame everyone else including the police.

• Like 1

The stupidest part is people who actually think they have the right to resist arrest. They misunderstand the law that says you can resist an unlawful arrest such as a rogue policeman or illegal police state.

Liberals have convinced them they aren't responsible for their own actions so they blame everyone else including the police.

Resisting arrest isn't the problem, making it to jail alive and not indite a cop over questionable circumstances is the issue.

A dumb 18 yr kid around Ferguson nearly killed a cop with a gun but the cop fired back before the kid shot. The mayor and even one of the key Ferguson protesters( both black) commended the cop.

Mike Brown was shot because he attacked a policeman. Period. The evidence was clear and there were black witnesses that corroborated it not to mention the officer's wounds and evidence in the car.

Garner being choked was also the result of resisting a lawful arrest. There are few options to detain such a large man who is resisting. Now the real issue is whether they were negligent in getting him medical attention afterwards.

Why do police profile certain groups in certain areas? Because those groups earned it with past actions. Some officers cross the line and should be dealt with but those are the exception not the rule.

If you don't start holding individuals accountable for their criminal actions it will never get better.

• Like 1

And what is the difference between a criminal pointing a gun and a criminal physically assaulting an officer in his car and attempting to take away the officer's weapon? What was Brown going to do if he had gotten the weapon? Why would a criminal who had just committed a robbery attack an officer if not to do him bodily harm?

When you have black teenagers pulling guns on and shooting at cops and other citizens then it's not difficult to understand why an officer who sees a kid with a real looking toy gun has to assume its real. If it was your life at stake in such a circumstance would you be willing to take the risk? Don't blame the officers - blame the parents who let this happen. Blame the thousands of black teenagers who have used real guns in a similar fashion over the last few decades. Blame the race gaiters who preach violence against cops. Blame the cop killers.

Mike Brown was shot because he attacked a policeman. Period. The evidence was clear and there were black witnesses that corroborated it not to mention the officer's wounds and evidence in the car.

Garner being choked was also the result of resisting a lawful arrest. There are few options to detain such a large man who is resisting. Now the real issue is whether they were negligent in getting him medical attention afterwards.

Why do police profile certain groups in certain areas? Because those groups earned it with past actions. Some officers cross the line and should be dealt with but those are the exception not the rule.

If you don't start holding individuals accountable for their criminal actions it will never get better.

Yeah, yeah, I'm not gonna plug the hundreds of holes in that statement but don't cry if a cop unloads his wepon on or beat/embarrass you for a speeding ticket because you in the wrong "area" (like some police departments have been disbanded for basically highway robbery) and then no bill is issued because a prosecutor don't want to prosecute.

Btw isn't asking a wrong doing cop to be tried "holding an individual accountable"?.

And what is the difference between a criminal pointing a gun and a criminal physically assaulting an officer in his car and attempting to take away the officer's weapon? What was Brown going to do if he had gotten the weapon? Why would a criminal who had just committed a robbery attack an officer if not to do him bodily harm?

When you have black teenagers pulling guns on and shooting at cops and other citizens then it's not difficult to understand why an officer who sees a kid with a real looking toy gun has to assume its real. If it was your life at stake in such a circumstance would you be willing to take the risk? Don't blame the officers - blame the parents who let this happen. Blame the thousands of black teenagers who have used real guns in a similar fashion over the last few decades. Blame the race gaiters who preach violence against cops. Blame the cop killers.

So Mr liberty since said citizens are not getting help what positive things you doing about it?.

It's not like white kids don't do the exact same thing.

It's up to the grand jury to decide if there is enough evidence to indict. Getting a conviction by trial after the grand jury declined to indict is almost impossible unless you believe the entire grand jury was corrupt.

I don't carry a gun or point it at officers and I don't resist arrest so I have no fear of being beaten or shot by an officer and neither should you.

If a black officer in an area where white kids were known to have guns shot a white kid pointing what looked like a real gun I'd have no problem with that. But statistically that just isn't likely.

Are the residents in Ferguson helping the police wipe out criminals? Are they reporting their neighbors and family members? The police can't do it alone.

I would like to see a board made up of former officers black and white and Hispanic along with respected public figures to review these incidents much like the mayor did and reassure the public that there is no cover up.

It's up to the grand jury to decide if there is enough evidence to indict. Getting a conviction by trial after the grand jury declined to indict is almost impossible unless you believe the entire grand jury was corrupt.

I don't carry a gun or point it at officers and I don't resist arrest so I have no fear of being beaten or shot by an officer and neither should you.

If a black officer in an area where white kids were known to have guns shot a white kid pointing what looked like a real gun I'd have no problem with that. But statistically that just isn't likely.

Are the residents in Ferguson helping the police wipe out criminals? Are they reporting their neighbors and family members? The police can't do it alone.

I would like to see a board made up of former officers black and white and Hispanic along with respected public figures to review these incidents much like the mayor did and reassure the public that there is no cover up.

Any little bit helps.

A Los Angeles Police Department patrol car was fired on in an “unprovoked attack” Sunday night that put police officers around the city on tactical alert.

The shooting took place late Sunday in a neighborhood in South Los Angeles as two officers were responding to an unrelated radio call.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/29/gunmen-fire-on-lapd-patrol-car-in-south-la/

I guess the two guys that fired at these Police Officers were also just a couple of disturbed guys and it's just another unfortunate tragedy.

No. They were two guys who have been encouraged that this sort of behavior is acceptable by race baiters like Al Sharpton.

• Like 2

Eric Frien was a convicted felon and like a lot of convicted felons he blamed law enforcement for his state of affairs rather than come to grips with the reality that it was his own actions that caused him to arrive at his place in life. He took his frustrations for his own failures out on an innocent Pennsylvania State Trooper. It had nothing to do with Rush LImbaugh or Glenn Beck.

With respect to the Bundy ranch, not once did Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck encourage protesters in that event by telling them to act out violently or that the federal government was a racist entity that was just trying to oppress cattle ranchers. And I don't even like Glenn Beck; I think hes nuts.

Edited by BlackHorse

You know, I get tired of beating the same bush over and over. My kids can go anywhere and not be worried about cops. Why? Because they're white? NO! Because they don't look/act/dress like F%^&ING hoodlums! They don't wear their pants half way tdown their ass and carry things that could be misconstrued as a weapon. They don't hang out in "bad places" or with kids that are "bad kids/known to cops". Heck the coach of my oldest's basketball team is a RCMP division captain. But now, people will want to use that statistic to say "yup, see, white kids aren't bother by cops".

BULL$HITE!!!

Take responsibility for your own actions and that of your kids! If I ever caught one of mine stealing/whatever I'd kick his ass up to his shoulderblades. I certainly wouldn't take his side and condone it/blame society or blame the cops who caught him.

What goes around comes around, you want to "knock up ho's" and have all these fatherless kids running around with no parenting or any direction at all, don't act so suprised when they "go bad". I wouldn't be suprised if they find white trash kids shooting cops next as they have the same upbringing. (or lack thereof)

They should sew a patch on every prison jumpsuit;

>>>It's NOT society's fault that you messed up, it's YOURS!!!<<<

• Like 1

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/29/gunmen-fire-on-lapd-patrol-car-in-south-la/

I guess the two guys that fired at these Police Officers were also just a couple of disturbed guys and it's just another unfortunate tragedy.

No. They were two guys who have been encouraged that this sort of behavior is acceptable by race baiters like Al Sharpton.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/13/kentucky-police-department-gets-threat-more-to-come-after-officer-killed-in/#

http://ktla.com/2013/06/27/reports-at-least-one-officer-shot-near-wilshire-station/

Now did Sharpton had something to do with these?, I'm not a Sharpton fan either.

The PA trooper ambush guy was "disturbed" but the NY ambush was Sharpton's foot solder eventhough he had a long rap sheet, ex-felon and ex-psych patient shot his girlfriend friend hours earlier?. Do I smell a double standard here? .

Edited by Fgts
  • Like 1