New Guy with a could new guy questions. 2014 Fusion

faredo

Thank you for the invitation. Ive looked around this forum and other sites, but having issues getting a clear answer so I thought i would ask here.

The car in question is my wife's 2014 Fusion SE 1.5t. Shes had it for a week and loves it.

My question is about navigation. We bought it from a Nissan dealer and they where clueless. Its equipped with the bigger screen, do we just need to purchase the navigation SD card that goes in the arm rest compartment? Ive seen a fusion SD card on navigation.com for around $150.

second question, there is no boost / vacuum gauge. Other factory turbocharged cars ive owned always had one. I don't guess its necessary but it makes me feel better knowing I dont have a vacuum leak leaching away psi.

Lastly, I do not plan on modifying her car at all, but just out of curiosity, has anyone added a boost controller for a couple extra horses?

Thanks

As far as I know if the car was purchased with Nav then you can just insert the SD card. If it was not purchased with Nav inserting the SD card will do nothing. There is a switch that has to be turned on by the factory to get Nav. I'm not sure the dealer can engage that switch.

Gary

Just because it has the larger screen, doesn't mean it has a GPS. It just means you have the upgraded stereo.

Go to this link. Change the last digits to the VIN of your car. You'll then see the window sticker and see if Navigation was installed. If it was, then you are likely just missing the SD card.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FT8W3DT6DEA55309

Just because it has the larger screen, doesn't mean it has a GPS. It just means you have the upgraded stereo.

Go to this link. Change the last digits to the VIN of your car. You'll then see the window sticker and see if Navigation was installed. If it was, then you are likely just missing the SD card.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FT8W3DT6DEA55309

What an excellent resource, thank you!

I don't see the tern Navigation used anywhere on the sticker

http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3FA6P0HD2ER107416

If you have an SE with the 8" screen, you probably have the Sync/My Touch system. It usually has "turn by turn" navigation using Sync Services. This is a freebie for, I believe, two years and is activated via your cell phone over the car's Bluetooth system. The Sync Nav system is similar to the Onstar system with no graphics but pretty accurate directions. Once you connect to the Nav system and give it your destination, it downloads the route info to the car's system and then disconnects your phone. The directions are visible on the console screen and the turn info is visible on the display to the right of the steering wheel. It also gives you audible cues. It's actually a pretty good Nav system and it's free with minimal data usage by your phone. You can delete the route when you are done but I recall there being a save function as well.

Edited by mlewie65