New Contract Rumor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't FORD /UAW already agreed that if married couple has both health insurance (if they both worked for Ford) they had to choose which person would carry the other? I think around in 2000 era contract.

However, I agree with Decker, the UAW is already linning up the conclusion,..... "In this economy be glad you got a job"....etc

Wow, already the complaining. I haven't heard anything from the UAW about be glad you have a job. Where did you get that?

sometimes us workers have to Stick together for what we feel is right. That dont happen anymore. I want OT back after 8 hrs. The "they can do that" mentality must end. Our union needs to listen to the membership and be our voice. I feel like they have lost touch with the floor.

Wow, these new hires want it all

Is there something wrong with wanting to better ones self? A complacent person is a person that will never make gains. So yes I do want more. I'm not complaing about my situation, I'm happy with where I am in life. At the same time though I will always try to better my self. Growing up with both parents working for Ford I learned how fickle the auto industry is. While I work for ford I will try to get more. I will also take advantage of the college fund to get a degree and open my self to more chances to better my self. I want to give my self the option to leave ford for something better. If I feel ford is my best option then I will know I have a rout for plan B in the event my plant closed. I want more, I will fight for more, and I don't feel bad about it. Everyone should want more.

Edited by Cobra12

Good post, Cobra12 . . . Your talking straight . . . Your the new Union who must bring others along with your thinking . . . Your the new generation that has the SMARTS to do well . . . My generation were the ones who used our backs . . . Some were wise to become Skilled Trades and did better then those of us who stayed on the line, tho I went Salary for 5 months, but only found out that many Salary workers were stealing from the company . . . Just getting out of the military, I didn't want to dishonor myself with foolishness . . . went back to hourly and really have no regrets . . . Working hard, I can sleep at night . . . I taught my kids about Plan B . . . I'm glad your thinking that way . . . Your going to do well with what ever direction you choose . . . Hopefully you'll find it here . . . My family and I have worked for Ford since 1917 . . . I believe this is still a good (not perfect) company and one we all can be proud of . . .

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot afford to STRIKE! So I will vote yes on whatever the UAW passes!

If you were really a leader you would be concerned about the needs and wants of everyone. A union is about looking out for everyone. As a tier2 worker, yes I want a raise but at the same time I would never ask a tier1 worker to take a pay cut for me. Ever since I got hired I have put a little money from every check into a different account as my own strike fund. My parents who have worked for ford 20+ years have always done the same. I remember growing up, as they got closer to the contract being up we cut expenses. Everything from vacations, to grocery shopping, to eating out was all cut back. Heck even the cable could be shut off. I don't want to strike but I am prepared to if it come to that.

• Like 1

I trust the UAW to negotiate the best Contract Possible, so why should I not vote YES?

Why should you not Vote yes?? have they negotiated the best contract in the past?? How long has it been since we've had a raise? They agreed on the 2 tier system which did nothing but create a divide amongst our members.. Keep drinking the kool aid..

If going on strike is what it takes then I'm all for it but let's see how many are actually willing to do so. There's alot more to being a good union member then just wearing a UAW Local Union t-shirt. I bet many would be willing to cross the picket line, lets see how many true union members are really out there if it comes down to striking. i for one won't cross the picket line..let's see how rats we all have in our locals who do..

If going on strike is what it takes then I'm all for it but let's see how many are actually willing to do so. There's alot more to being a good union member then just wearing a UAW Local Union t-shirt. I bet many would be willing to cross the picket line, lets see how many true union members are really out there if it comes down to striking. i for one won't cross the picket line..let's see how rats we all have in our locals who do..

I can think of 5 right off the top of my head who would cross the line. I wouldn't myself should it come to that. There's too much at stake with this contract to just roll over and die should a subpar contract be offered.