Car and Driver Reflects on the Taurus SHO

Neat little read with cool press photos from over the years. In light of the great discussion involving manual transmissions over in the GT350 thread, this is a good look back at those SHOs, as well as makes me want to see what the current SHO would be like hooked up to a 6-speed stick. And... Holy Performance Wagon Batman!

http://www.caranddriver.com/flipbook/sho-nuff-a-visual-history-of-fords-iconic-taurus-sho-supersedan

Edited by OHV 16V
  • Like 1

Thats why I waited so long to get married...plus my wife is a keeper...she let me keep my 2006 Mustang GT and keep the other spot in the garage for the 2013 SHO I got to replace it.

Though I kid around about getting a 15+ Mustang...she doesn't want me to get rid of the older one LOL

• Like 1

I had a '92 that I traded for a '95 (both MTXes). I almost traded the '92 for a '93 slushbox (lease return), but the dealership in OKC low-balled me so badly that I got up an walked out. (Sure, we'll sell you ours for over retail, but we won't even give you trade-in for your car. But we'll write you a check for it even if you don't buy ours!) I drove back to my normal dealership in Norman, and, within the hour, had a much better deal on a newer SHO with almost 30K fewer miles on the clock.

I got a lot of fun miles out of that car. I ended up giving it to my brother when he replaced the roof on my house. He put another 100K miles on it, but ended up donating it to a local school when he had trouble finding a few replacement parts; after a few months of it sitting in the garage in pieces, his wife told him to fish or cut bait. Prior to that, he took the mill to a local machine shop to get the block cleaned up, and they said it was in such good condition that they could still see the crosshatching on the cylinder walls...

• Like 1

Prior to that, he took the mill to a local machine shop to get the block cleaned up, and they said it was in such good condition that they could still see the crosshatching on the cylinder walls...

The Yamaha V6 was indestructible. Only major thing to do was shim the lifters at 100k miles. I had Borla exhaust, Koni adjustables and a chip on mine. Surprised many a Mustang GT at stoplights.

• Like 1

politically incorrect HOWEVER... marriage is like a tornado, starts off with a lot of blowing and howling and before you know it, half your house is gone.....

Pretty sure the blowing stops the minute she walks down the aisle.......

That's why brides are always smiling.......