Focus 2014 TPMS

MadMaxCar

I know the TPMS is for so called safety issues but I refuse to pay an extra $200+ for new sensors for my winter tires. Question is, can i run without them and only have to deal with a dash light being on or will it prevent me from driving over a certain speed like some GM cars? (so I've been told)

I know the TPMS is for so called safety issues but I refuse to pay an extra $200+ for new sensors for my winter tires. Question is, can i run without them and only have to deal with a dash light being on or will it prevent me from driving over a certain speed like some GM cars? (so I've been told)

I don't know for sure about the speed restrictions, but I think the only thing you would have to worry about is the dash light and an occasional alarm chime.

your other option would be to use your existing wheels and sensors

Just bought a set of mounted winter tires and steel rims from a previous Focus owner..no TPMS and will just have to deal with the light being on. I did not want to use the 18" rims as winter tires are stupidly overpriced for that size. Thanks for the replies guys!!

Edited by MadMaxCar