The most transparent administration in history...

RangerM

This is the first administration I can remember since Nixon where I did not trust the President or congressional leaders. I don't believe a word that comes out of Obama, Hillary, Pelosi or Reid. I think they have a hidden agenda and I think they're covering up mistakes left and right. And I think they're skirting the law, lying and taking advantage of loopholes to push their agenda.

Obamacare, Fast and Furious, Benghazi - lies, lies and coverups. A complete lack of fiscal responsibility with regards to the federal budget and refusing to vote on House bills thanks to Harry Reid and the Senate.

The conservatives aren't doing nearly enough to counter it and hey have their own problems, but I don't distrust them as much as I distrust the current democratic leaders.

• Like 1

It seems to me that the pro-Obama crowd is really the anti-Bush anti-Republican crowd who are tired of Republican economic and social policies. They blame Bush for Iraq and Afghanistan wars (but not Obama for continuing it or congress for authorizing it). They think corporate welfare is taking money out of their pockets. They're tired of the anti-gay anti-abortion stance. They think Republicans don't care about the environment. They see this as their chance to undo past wrongs and from that standpoint I can't really blame them.

I just don't like the way they're doing it. No budgets from the senate. Stonewalling House bills with no vote. Raising the debt ceiling with no plan for balancing the budget. Lying about Obamacare and Benghazi. Circumventing laws and rules. Buying massive amounts of ammunition as a way of back door gun control.

Republicans need to soften their stance on trickle down and corporate welfare, cut spending including military spending and stay away from social issues like gay marriage and abortion and focus on the economy, the budget and immigration.

I still can't figure out why 35% of the people in this country, or 39% (depending on what poll or whatever) continue to support Democrats and their failed policies.

But then again, the 2 party paradigm is failing this country period.

I'll take the Nixon years over the last 6 we have suffered through anytime, even the Carter years... I know, I'll hear it from the older crowd. But face it folks, things are a lot worse as a whole in this country now with everything in general.

The guy in the video is a MIT egghead and one of our best and brightest ( on paper ). Many of the same people think they know whats best for everyone yet are lucky to put their pants on the right way.

Its far easier to work with a group of people that posses common sense vs the smartest guy in the room all the time (Obama ) or people that look down at others because they deem themselves better or all knowing.

No matter who is running the government all of them must stop spending more than collected in taxes, period.

Until that happens its more of the same.

I was wondering how long it would take before someone posted this video after hearing the audio yesterday. I am also wondering how long it will take for people to start posting exerts from Atkisons book which appears to be highly accurate, with absolute documentation to back up the facts she puts forth.

Many have in jest, put forth the notion that these people in this administration are akin to the people who ran the former Soviet Union. With the examples put forth by this video and Mz Atkisons book, (and oh by the way, are we all aware that the university that employees this pointy headed professor, took down the video that is posted here to HIDE what is actually going on I suppose. Everyone had it already, so I guess they were a little slow) the jest might not have been as far off as we thought.

We can no longer point the finger at Nixon with a straight face, without pointing a finger at these people. But times have surely changed! When Nixon was proven to be doing the things he was accused of doing; the American media reported it, and his own party leaders went to see him and told him to resign.

In todays America; you might be able to make a case of understanding why Obamas own party will not stand against his constitutional shortcomings; but any defense of the media ignoring it is absolutely shameful.

For such a smart man, he sure doesn't know when to shut up.

Besides Fox, nobody else in the MSM is even touching it. Americans of every race, creed, and religious background called stupid by the Obamacare author, and oh well, yawn.

After reading Mz Atkisons book, I wondered for a while if it was media fear that causes this ignorance and glossing over; or rather, is it that they support him so ignore it.

While I was disgusted with my own conclusion, I decided it had to be the latter for the most part. They never vetted him, and basically created the Obama legend far before Obama had any power to do anything to them for not ignoring certain aspects of his life as compared to past Presidential candidates.

If Obama is now throttling the media, (which is highly possible after reading Mz Atkisons book) they created the Frankenstein monster, and isn't it funny that they are the 1st ones to be destroyed.

I think everyone overlooks a lot of indiscretions when they're committed by their side or for a cause they support and that includes the media.

And that's a big part of the problem. Dems and Reps toe the party line and support bad candidates and bad ideas because it's more important to beat the other team than it is to do the right thing for the country.

When the Dems were poised to take over the Senate in mid term elections a few years ago there were 126 news stories about it prior to the elections. This year when it was the Reps doing the same - only a few stories.

Obama won because he was the anti-Bush, anti-Republican. Period.

Sorry, disagree with you there Akirby. You see, he should never have gotten that far, or have been in that position. Obama is 100% a media creation.

The democrat would have won for exactly the reason you stated; with that I will agree. But Mr Obama did not acquire that opportunity because of republicans, but rather the media throwing the rest of the democratic field under the bus as it were, to promote him.

As reasonably thinking human beings, I ask the pertinent question-----------> name one thing in this mans resume, that should have propelled him any where near Hillary Clinton for the nomination?!?!?! While I have no love for Hillary, this man was absolutely an empty suit who didn't even vote regularly in congress. And yet, the American people never heard this come from MSM outlets. The MSM got this man elected in 08/14, not by what they said; but rather what they did not say!

Whenever right and left debate about the 2008 election, (and 14 for that matter) the right always brings up the wrong debate to show media bias. The debate is not how Obama beat Mcain, since every person on the left, and have of those on the right, will say almost verbatim what Akirby has said, and rightfully so. No, the real question is----------> how Obama got out of the democratic primaries as the victor. That is the example you use to show bias, and absolute crooked political moves, by many involved including the MSM!

I get that, but there is a difference between voting for the first African American President in history and the second one for folks who were voting strictly based on that.

Don't kid yourself.

If a woman runs many women will vote for her because she is a woman, especially if its a first like Obama. if an Italian runs some Italians will vote for them same for race or state support for the "local guy or gal". The same holds true for party line voters of all parties.

Obama snagged lots of people to get the internet / young voters moving on his behalf. I think most of them have voters remorse or see how poorly a job Obama has actually done and will not fall for it again IMHO.

Compound the candidates with someone offering free stuff or claiming that some candidate will take away the stuff you have and you are basically buying votes or using fear to steer votes.

The irony is Obama I think made the claim as being the most honest and open administration and in practice its been far worse than many former administrations .

For such a smart man, he sure doesn't know when to shut up.

He blows his own horn behind closed doors or his class room where he is in control or among like minded people.

If he gets called in front of congress to testify he will either plead the 5th amendment or run his mouth non-stop.

My money is on him pleading the 5th.

Having watched "citizenfour", a documentary of Edward Snowden and his disclosures of massive government eavesdropping and data collection, I have no doubt you will see, as I do, that this government is the furthest from transparancy as any we have ever experienced in the U.S.

The following article makes many points to exemplify this assertion.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2014/dec/04/question-edward-snowden/