Seniority vs plant seniority

ssscooter66

I was curious if the different plants have different bylaws on who has the seniority to hold a job ? There were people that transfered from a plant that closed and came to Sharonville. I was told they were assigned to a certain department and then other people already here were told that they had the right to pick they're job first since the had started at Ford first . Are they going by normal seniority or by plant seniority for these bylaws? Thanks in advance for any information....

Wow, really?

Everywhere I've worked they would canvas the people already there before the new (old) hires coming in. Then the new people would get whats left no matter what seniority they have . But thats up to you chairman or barganing to handle that and that's if they want to get re-elected in the furture.

Should take care of the people already there.

Edited by MTP'er

Very true , every plant I have been at all the good jobs are given to or bid to the current membership before any transfers come to the plant, the scraps are given to the new people arriving at the plant, it's just how it works, the union looks after the members in the plant once your there then you become a member.

• Like 1

I was curious if the different plants have different bylaws on who has the seniority to hold a job ? There were people that transfered from a plant that closed and came to Sharonville. I was told they were assigned to a certain department and then other people already here were told that they had the right to pick they're job first since the had started at Ford first . Are they going by normal seniority or by plant seniority for these bylaws? Thanks in advance for any information....

At the Rouge plant, you have to sign up for the "lateral move transfer" sheet. Any open requisitions will be filled by those who signed up for that particular position. The outsiders will then be assigned to whatever is left. You must sgn this sheet every 6 months. This applies to skilled trades. I am not sure how production jobs are handed out. People within a particular building should have dibs on jobs over outsiders being transfered in.

Edited by RougeWelder

DSP and DTP/Body's Local agreements have language that states that you must be in the plant 90 days before you are eligible to bid on classified jobs, however if the job goes up for a re-bid due to not enough eligible members sign up or not enough take the job, only then are recently transferred members eligible for job bids.