ATS-V Coupe shown off before LA Auto show

silvrsvt

It has a limited appeal to a small number of customers but I doubt they will have any problems selling evrey one they make. I can only imagine the price tag that will be associated with the V (too much for me, I know).

Cadillac has the luxury market figured out pretty well for an American Company. Will Lincoln ever catch up? Just the same, when you have to have to pay BMW prices for a Cadillac, you are probably better off buying a BMW.

Cadillac has the luxury market figured out pretty well for an American Company.

From where I stand, it sure doesn't seem that way...all I see a something analogizes to owning a boat...a hole in the water that you keep throwing money into or better yet Boat- Break out another Thousand ;)

Cadillac has the luxury market figured out pretty well for an American Company.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah

Oh wait - you were serious?

They're making some really good vehicles but they don't have a clue about their luxury market. With 3 utilities and another on the way plus one true hybrid that sells over 2K/month by itself and more hybrids on the way I think Lincoln understands its luxury market opportunities way better than Cadillac at this point. Having to put $20K on the hood to sell ELRs? For every new customer they won with the ATS and new CTS - they lost an old CTS customer when they raised the price.

GM is on an ego trip trying to beat BMW in magazine comparisons and they're spending an arm and a leg to do it.

Good vehicles does not equal good marketing or smart investing.

Cadillac has the luxury market figured out pretty well for an American Company. Will Lincoln ever catch up? Just the same, when you have to have to pay BMW prices for a Cadillac, you are probably better off buying a BMW.

Considering the bloated inventories of the ATS and CTS, I wouldn't say that Cadillac has figured out the American luxury market.

Cadillac isn't just charging BMW prices for the ATS and CTS. It's apparent that the ATS and CTS are Cadillac's 3-Series and 5-Series, respectively. The problem is that most people will simply buy the real thing, especially when the badges on the grille and trunk lid play a huge role in any purchasing decision.

It's telling that the most consistently successful Cadillac is the Escalade, which is the closest thing to an old-school Cadillac you can buy today.

Edited by grbeck

Considering the bloated inventories of the ATS and CTS, I wouldn't say that Cadillac has figured out the American luxury market.

Cadillac isn't just charging BMW prices for the ATS and CTS. It's apparent that the ATS and CTS are Cadillac's 3-Series and 5-Series, respectively. The problem is that most people will simply buy the real thing, especially when the badges on the grille and trunk lid play a huge role in any purchasing decision.

It's telling that the most consistently successful Cadillac is the Escalade, which is the closest thing to an old-school Cadillac you can buy today.

Actually I would say the SRX is the most consistently successful Caddy with sales as high as 7K some months.

Actually I would say the SRX is the most consistently successful Caddy with sales as high as 7K some months.

I would guess that the Escalade is more profitable, and, even more importantly, the one Cadillac that is well-known to the general public. Mention the word "Escalade," and most people know what you are talking about.

• Like 1

I would guess that the Escalade is more profitable, and, even more importantly, the one Cadillac that is well-known to the general public. Mention the word "Escalade," and most people know what you are talking about.

Agree on the name recognition and per unit profit but SRX may generate more net profit with higher volumes. And it has room for growth whereas Escalade (and Navi) are probably still going to trend down a bit going forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Again, another (probably) well-executed car by Cadillac, but this most certainly isn't going to solve their systemic problems elsewhere.

That's what people don't get. It's not the car itself - it may be an automotive masterpiece. But it's the wrong place to spend your money when there are so many other things in the lineup that are lacking. An ATS-V sedan would have given the same street cred and engineering accolades while costing a fraction of what it costs to design and build a coupe that will only sell a hundred or so copies per month.

• Like 1

Then the ATM says "insufficient funds" due to lack of luxury buyers........

It's funny you mention a lack of funds.........

Tell me, are these quotes in reference to Cadillac or Lincoln?

"They rank them by volume and financial impact," __________ said. "if you put _________ into that kind of judgment it will always be compromised because it is about 4% of total business but it is 100% of ___________."

Before __________ was measured as part of North American operations, lumped in with ___________ and fighting for resources.

Edited by RichardJensen

You obviously haven't been following ATS sales vs. MKZ sales.

The ATS and CTS outsold the MKZ last month with their "high price" and all.

RJ. remember Lincoln almost got the ax along with Mercury. Any carmaker with more than one brand would have this problem of resources ,even if it's just one brand you'll still have fighting.

Wild if you don't think other Ford teams don't get mad if their projects get sidelined due to the F-Series or plain CUVs.

Who is, in press, on the record, complaining about his division not having enough resources?

Johan de Nysschen or Kumar Galhotra?

So Nysschen said what most division want in the press. I don't think Lincoln is content on what it's getting. Edited by Fgts

Which division head, do you think, is more satisfied with its resources?

Can't really say Lincoln. You don't know if the Lincoln division head wants a genuine C/3 competitor and a coupe based on the Mustang, yes i'm sure he's happy about the next Navigator but i bet he's thinking as well as me what Lincoln car out there people really want to buy?.