Cowardly attacks in Ottawa

Well, nobody else brought it up so I thought I would, couple of soldiers run over and one died, and then yesterday another soldier shot and killed at the war memorial in Ottawa. Wackjobs running through parliment shooting off a full mag (30 rounds)

When the cops stopped the guy that ran over the two, he jumped out with a knife and the cops shot and killed him, here on the radio the bleeding heart left wing wacko's were crying asking why did the cops have to kill him, why didn't they shoot him in the leg, how come cops carry so many bullets...I couldn't believe my ears. IDIOTS!!!

Already hearing "it's Harper fault because he said we were against isis"....WHAT??? So we SHOULDN'T be against a group who is slaughtering innocent men/women and children??? Our only "crime" is saying we are against murderers?? And WE'RE wrong?? WTF is wrong with people??

I'm waiting now for the typical antigun nuts to say that long guns should be taken away because one of the weapons used was a shotgun. If everybody carried a gun, these idiots wouldn't had a chance to kill because somebody would of tagged them. "Hmm...a guy walking around outside of parliment with a rifle and a facemask...two to the centre of mass" DONE!

Freaking cowards, how can other muslims not be embarassed by cowards killing like this? But there I go, western thinking..of course it doesn't bother them, they see it as normal over there.

Yeah I'm pissed

• Like 5

The points being brought up are annoying to no end. Conviently, we have been at this in one form or another as far back as the 80's dealing with either PLO, IRA, Libya (Part 1), Afganistan (Part 1), Balkens, Rwanda to the past 10 years or so. It has been pointed out from the US how professional CBC has been with the reporting (what we know what we don't). The belly-aching from everyone was inevitible.

I could say it's not like this wasn't going to happen. It doesn't matter what side of politics you are on. It has been pointed that we are a western nation and are to be destroyed, weaken, subverted. From 'Lone Wolf' to organized, they made a mistake thinking we'd roll over.

Sure there are frankly cowards and other who hope someone else takes up the slack so they can complaint in their mis-guided sense of entitlement. I pay no heed to that. I feel for you brother. To my brethern in the Argyl and Sutherlands: Albainn Gu Bragh

I for one have no issue with the current gun laws. The long-gun registration was enacted because of guys like Denis Lortie and Marc Lepine. I don't have any issues in general with weapons because having them here in Canada is a privilage not a right like driving IMO. A scenario in Ottawa with other folks carrying weapons might create a blue on blue situation to an already chaotic one.

Don't get me wrong, I sympatize with you. I feel anyone who feels they can force us into a seige mentality and have to close our government away from the public is dead wrong.

Now the left wing radio 95.7 in Halifax is putting various muslims on the air to ramble on about how they are not all radical and one is even saying that just identifying the killer as muslim is racist! REALLY?? If he was a Christian they wouldn't of mentioned it...OF COURSE NOT, CHRISTIANS AREN'T GOING AROUND KILLING PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF CHRIST!!!

One guy called in and said not all muslims are terrorist's (and the announcer was agreeing, "yeah, yeah,") then he said but all terrorists are muslims..there was a second of silence and then "ok we have more callers here" and cut him off. Talk about biased one sided media! If anyone blames Harper (many here do) then they let them drone on for ever, but if one defends Harper, "ok we have to move on, next caller".

So lets go over again how many are beheading/shooting/knifing/various forms of killing for "their religeous beliefs"

Let's see....Sihk...umm none, Jew...none, Christian...none, Buddist....none, muslim..DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Hugh, the IRA/Balkans were land wars that took on a religeous slant after.

The others had a common denominator..muslim.

We have to pull our heads out of our collective butts and recognize danger when it spits in our face.

There is only one answer, but it's not politically correct.

• Oh and as far as weapons go, I don't even own one and had no interest in getting one but now I'm thinking twice, might pick something up for protection in the home. Boys are 13 and 17 and already know proper weapons handling as I made them treat air-soft, nerf guns etc as real weapons so I'm not worried about AD's in the home.

Pretty bad, been professionally handing weapons for over 30 years now, but don't have a FAC or whatever it's called now. Of course I'll have to take the one day course to learn how to hold a "gun". LOL

• Like 1

I just want to express my sorrow for the loss of these brave Canadians. While I certainly can't speak for all Americans, I can assure you that the vast majority of Americans have your back and would really like to kick these MF's ass. When you mess with Canada you mess with the US.

• Like 3

Now the left wing radio 95.7 in Halifax is putting various muslims on the air to ramble on about how they are not all radical and one is even saying that just identifying the killer as muslim is racist! REALLY?? If he was a Christian they wouldn't of mentioned it...OF COURSE NOT, CHRISTIANS AREN'T GOING AROUND KILLING PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF CHRIST!!!

One guy called in and said not all muslims are terrorist's (and the announcer was agreeing, "yeah, yeah,") then he said but all terrorists are muslims..there was a second of silence and then "ok we have more callers here" and cut him off. Talk about biased one sided media! If anyone blames Harper (many here do) then they let them drone on for ever, but if one defends Harper, "ok we have to move on, next caller".

So lets go over again how many are beheading/shooting/knifing/various forms of killing for "their religeous beliefs"

Let's see....Sihk...umm none, Jew...none, Christian...none, Buddist....none, muslim..DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Hugh, the IRA/Balkans were land wars that took on a religeous slant after.

The others had a common denominator..muslim.

We have to pull our heads out of our collective butts and recognize danger when it spits in our face.

There is only one answer, but it's not politically correct.

1. Those folks on both left and right are just plain stupid. They live in a fantasy land with no grasp on reality.

2. Sikh has conducted assassinations and murder a la Air India and attacks in India using edged weapons. There are Christians who have had no problem lynching people or shooting doctors who happen to work at abortion clinics. The first suicide bomber is accredited to the Tamil Tigers before it gained popularity.

3. Northern Ireland was started mostly by the poverty divide between Protestant and Catholic starting riots and shootings between Catholics and RUC. The Brits who came in to settle things down were targeted because they were believed to be favoring the middle and upper class of Ulster Protestant by the PIRA (Provos).

4. The Balkan conflict arouse from over 700 years of bad blood between faiths and forced integration in creating the state of Yugoslavia. The fall of Communism started the land grab yes but it still had no issues using religion as a reason for murder to drive off 'sqatters'.

I can't agree all Muslims are terriorists. It so happens it appears they have cornered the market. I can't follow anything that preachs peace and understanding through a strict an oppressive code of behaviour and faith trumps logic.

I am don't have a POL or any firearms but I wish to have one to maintain my skill set. I am not anti-gun.

Edited by Hugh

I am glad in both instances the attackers were killed, saves a lengthy litigation and incarceration.

The homegrown terrorist market is unfortunately appealing to those that hate the government / authorities and desire their 5 minutes of fame. Sadly I see it only getting worse until people actually unify and take a hard stance towards terrorist activities.

At least the Canadian government calls it what it is unlike the US that is sugar coating it and down playing it for political reasons / benefits.

Kudos to the person that ended the violence and the gunman's short Jihad.