2016 Explorer spied with minimal camo

It's a little difficult to slap you in the back of the head from way up here, but.....

Seriously though, how did I not know you lived in Alpharetta??? I grew up there!

I actually work in Alpharetta but live in SE Forsyth county. I've been working here in Windward since it opened in 1986.

I actually work in Alpharetta but live in SE Forsyth county. I've been working here in Windward since it opened in 1986.

Nice! We moved to Red Jacket Way in Alpharetta as soon as I was born, and lived there for a few years before my parents built a house at the country club. Those were the days...

So it's losing the projectors it seems. Not sure if I like that (though they do appear to be HID at least). I wonder what the sensor on the side of the rear bumper is. A BLIS/cross traffic sensor? Odd because the current one doesn't have a visible sensor.

I'm sure it'll look nice, though.

So it's losing the projectors it seems. Not sure if I like that (though they do appear to be HID at least). I wonder what the sensor on the side of the rear bumper is. A BLIS/cross traffic sensor? Odd because the current one doesn't have a visible sensor.

I'm sure it'll look nice, though.

curious they are hiding the lower part of the headlights?...lasers...LED's....

curious they are hiding the lower part of the headlights?...lasers...LED's....

Turn signals have to go somewhere - don't know if they'd go down by the fogs (as has been the trend lately), or under the visible headlight section.

I'll wait to reserve judgment, but I almost get a sense that the new front looks more crisp or "precise" while the middle looks kinda more bloated? I don't know if that makes sense to anyone? Or if anyone feels the same way?

The 2016 is all LED, led fogs, led headlights (smaller version of F150 design) and led tails.

I can confirm this because I know someone who is in the Police force who has seen the final version. They see them early to insure their lighting kits will work on the interceptor versions. They were not allowed to see the interior yet.

Edited by blwnsmoke

I'm guessing... but I think 2.3 Ecoboost is probably going to be the volume engine and maybe the 2.7 Ecoboost will be an option. New version of the 3.5 V6 will be around for Luddites and rental fleets :)

3.5 Ecoboost should return on Sport.

That would make sense to me....with the 2.3 putting out 285-hp, that's more than the 3.5, so itd have enough power.

Won't judge until I see the real thing. However, that is pretty uninspiring to me. It looks like an older version of Ford to me. I prefer the current look of the front. Putting a higher MPG Eco Boost in a 4wd configuration would be a nice addition.

I didn't say which model just that it should or at least could be available along with the 2.3L. You could keep the 3.5LEB explorer sport although with the 2.7L output you may not need the 3.5L EB any more. Maybe that goes to the Aviator.

I would say the 2.7 is more of an across the board replacement for the 3.7....the 2.0 in the Explorer was misguided, I expect the 2.3 to be a better alternative and equal in terms of drivability to the 3.5. So...2.3 = 3.5 but with better mileage, 2.7 = 3.7 ( and then some ) with similar mileage.

I didn't say which model just that it should or at least could be available along with the 2.3L. You could keep the 3.5LEB explorer sport although with the 2.7L output you may not need the 3.5L EB any more. Maybe that goes to the Aviator.

I'd see it being either the 2.7 or 3.5 EBs in the Sport, not both being offered. I don't see the 2.7 being offered in any other trim except for potentially the Sport. And thinking about it they might keep the 3.5 in the explorer to differentiate it more from the Edge.