more 2 teir !!!

BIGAL68

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

wait an see what happens at livonia trans. with the opening 2nd tier from rawsonville.This will most likely happen after contract talks

Tier 1 from Rawsonville will have first option & there will be plenty who want to go.

Does anyone know how many openings Livonia is slated to have?

Edited by Dayshift

What is the classification of those jobs at Rawsonville and Sterling? Are they full fledged assembly workers or sub assembly?

My thinking is that with the strike/new contract at Lear last year, they were able to eliminate the second tier for full fledged assembly workers, but not those deemed sub-assemblers. I have a feeling that might be used as the precedent for Ford when they come to the table to negotiate.

In a nutshell, Ford might want to keep the parts plants with a 2 tier system while the Stamping, Transmission, Engine and Final Assembly plants have the 2 tier system eliminated. It would certainly be an interesting debate.

We were once visteon at sterling & rawsonville so I dont c r tier 2 moving up we mo than likely remain a tier 2 only plant. I'm at sterling we r hiring a lot prbly 400 since 2012 & have had some transfer in from local 400, all machining is going to 4crew assembly is staying traditional shifts or 3crew. We have roughly 2000 here out of that prbly 350 trades

Machining classification means you work in a machining dept, operating machines lathes, mills etc. etc. Assembly classifications are the line workers. Then we have all different trades classifications. That's how Sterling and Van dyke are, not sure about at her plants because I've never been anywhere else

Machining classification means you work in a machining dept, operating machines lathes, mills etc. etc. Assembly classifications are the line workers. Then we have all different trades classifications. That's how Sterling and Van dyke are, not sure about at her plants because I've never been anywhere else

Thanks, that's exactly why I'm asking, I've only ever been at MAP

we also have different levels 1, 2 and 3. For machining a level 1 is just like a grunt worker pack out jobs and such that don't require any type of skill or thought to do. A level 3 usually has a lot of responsibility and takes quite a bit of training.

All that bein said from what i understand the $8 more an hr at the assembly plants is well deserved compared to the tier 2 only plants sterling/rawsonville I dont c ford changing those 2 plants back to tier 1 but they outta give the fellas here that want the chance at tier 1 to b able to transfer into the assembly plants

2nd tier employees at Sterling and Rawsonville will have a chance at becoming tier 1. When a 2nd tier employee from one of them plants becomes eligible for tier 1 they will have to be moved to another plant. I don't know how that will work exactly, it'll be interesting to see when the time comes

10 years of giving up raises and letting ford do what ever they want to us.it's time to start getting something back,2015 contract should show us where international sides

with. Us or the company! I have 22 years and I'm ready to go down fighting

Not entirely sure on rawsonvilles side but sterling was visteon & on the closing block w/o going to tier 2 ford had found Dana & American axle to do the work cheaper it was the only way to stay a viable ford plant. Tier 2 cannot transfer from sterling or rawsonville they cannot move upto tier 1.