ice-capades

2015 Mustang convertible scheduling will start this Thursday, October 16th. The commodity report will be available after 1:00pm EDT. I expect that the report will include a notice that only stock convertibles will be scheduled but will update this information once the commodity report is released later.

Here's the latest information per this week's commodity issues for scheduling...

The OK to Buy has been achieved for most 2015 Mustang Coupe configurations. Retail Mustang orders will begin scheduling this week with the exception of the following configurations: 3.7L V6 with Manual Transmission.

There is no notice or information posted as to 2015 Mustang convertible scheduling for either stock or retail order scheduling.

I'll post additional convertible scheduling information as it becomes available.

Ford has notified dealers that tomorrow's Mustang scheduling has been delayed. New/Revised/Updated scheduling preview reports are to be released tomorrow morning along with a scheduling update notice.

Thanks for the update. Probably more bad news. Looks like late Winter or Early Spring for the 2015 Mustang Convertibles after all. Too bad, Winter is our prime time here in South FL for Ragtops.

The 2015 Mustang scheduling commitment has been pushed back to 4:00pm today with new preview reports released this morning. Scheduling today is for weeks 42 & 43 with build weeks of 11/3 & 11/10. My allocation disappeared from this morning's AM Preview Report and the reports state that I have no allocation for this week!

Week #44 will schedule next week with build week 11/17.

Retail convertible orders will start scheduling on October 30th (Week #45) for production the week of 11/24.

On 11/06 (Scheduling Weeks #46 & 47) Mustang Convertibles w/EcoBoost & Automatic Transmissions will start scheduling.

I'll update this information as more information becomes available!

Great News! Perhaps my 2015 Mustang Base V6 Convertible with A/T might have a chance of being one of those pulled for scheduling on Oct. 30th for build week 11/24? The GM at my Dealership is getting really annoyed by the delays of this bumpy new Vehicle launch and says the delays for the new 2015 Ford 150 Pickup Truck are even worse.

Edited by phil1336

You got a V6? Why not the excellent and so much better Ecoboost 2.3L?

:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Evidently you haven`t read any performance or fuel economy comparisons between Fords new "darling" the EB 2.3 I4 and its solid steadfast naturally aspired 3.7 V6. Based on 2014 Mustang V6 performance reviews since Ford refuses to allow 2015 Mustang V6 comparisons to date, the V6 is as fast or (faster in both 0-60 as well as quarter mile) then the EB 4 cyl. The 2014 had 2.73 rear axle gears and the 2015 has 3.15. Performance will be even better! The V6 runs fine on Regular Gasoline while the EB 2.3 (recommended) Premium Fuel. Since the 2015 Mustang Convertible is only available with EB 2.3 in "Premium" Trim and the V6 3.7 is in "Base" Trim, would (you) pay and extra 6K for the engine upgrade, a few unwanted options and Leather Seats? Go for it my fiscally conservative advocate. You manage the Nations Budget and I`ll manage my own, fair enough? I`ve driven a Fusion and an Escape with the EB 2.3 and wasn`t impressed whatsoever. I`ll give up 5 HP and a few pounds of torque and pocket the savings and reliability of the V6.

• Like 1

Evidently you haven`t read any performance or fuel economy comparisons between Fords new "darling" the EB 2.3 I4 and its solid steadfast naturally aspired 3.7 V6. Based on 2014 Mustang V6 performance reviews since Ford refuses to allow 2015 Mustang V6 comparisons to date, the V6 is as fast or (faster in both 0-60 as well as quarter mile) then the EB 4 cyl. The 2014 had 2.73 rear axle gears and the 2015 has 3.15. Performance will be even better! The V6 runs fine on Regular Gasoline while the EB 2.3 (recommended) Premium Fuel. Since the 2015 Mustang Convertible is only available with EB 2.3 in "Premium" Trim and the V6 3.7 is in "Base" Trim, would (you) pay and extra 6K for the engine upgrade, a few unwanted options and Leather Seats? Go for it my fiscally conservative advocate. You manage the Nations Budget and I`ll manage my own, fair enough? I`ve driven a Fusion and an Escape with the EB 2.3 and wasn`t impressed whatsoever. I`ll give up 5 HP and a few pounds of torque and pocket the savings and reliability of the V6.

Where did you drive the Fusion and Escape with the 2.3L EB? I bet that would be fun to drive, but the sensation would be a little lacking since you would be asleep (in other words...in your dreams!).

• Like 1

I actually want all those extra things and I don't care if it costs $6K. How I spend MY money and how I spend someone else's money are two different things.

Thanks for proving you can't even take a light hearted joke. I hope you're on blood pressure medicine.

Stock convertible orders are scheduling except for convertible orders with the EcoBoost engine & Automatic Transmission. These will begin scheduling on Thursday, November 6th. Retail Mustang Convertible orders will begin scheduling on Thursday, October 30th.

Retail Mustang Coupe orders are scheduling except for the 3.7L engine with manual transmission.

Where did you drive the Fusion and Escape with the 2.3L EB? I bet that would be fun to drive, but the sensation would be a little lacking since you would be asleep (in other words...in your dreams!).

Yeah, your correct. The two Ford Vehicles that I drove, both Rentals had the Eco-Boost I4 but were obviously the slightly smaller version 2.0 (not) the mighty 2.3. Regardless, both the performance and fuel economy was lackluster, at best. When Ford engineers decided it needed to include a Engine Noise Enhancement Chip to improve driver excitement, I think that shows that the V6 or the V8 is the sensible choice for the 2015 Mustang.

akirby; Perhaps for someone like yourself, paying $5000 or $6000 extra to go from a 2015 Mustang Convertible w/Base V6 to the "Premium" EB 2.3" brings obvious value. I only opted for the optional upgraded equipment package 051A, added the spare tire 66W, and most importantly, selected the spoiler delete option 13D. MSRP of only $32,310 including Automatic Transmission. Using my X-Plan, $31,063.07. I`m hoping most buyers go (all in) and order their 2015 Mustangs at 45K. Should help boost Ford Stock prices that have been hopelessly lagging.

PS: My blood pressure is fine, thank you. Since avoiding the Off Topic Forum and using my Televisions "V-Chip" to eliminate the possibility of accidentally hitting Fox News, I`m off all BP medications. Cheers

The problem Phil is that YOU seem to have a problem with anybody who doesn't share your opinions on what is important or not. If YOU don't like the EB 2.3L then you don't think anyone else should either. If YOU don't want to spend $6K on options then nobody else should either.

I respect your preference for the base V6 without those options. But you obviously don't respect anyone else's preferences.

akirby; If we can simply attempt to stay on topic and not "go there" where (your) opinions are from Gods mouth to your Ears but anyone else`s opinion, especially mine is not valid. I in no shape, manner, or form have said that the 3.7 V6 is the only way to equip a 2015 Mustang, simply that (I) personally don`t feel that either the EB 2.3 I4 Fuel Economy nor Performance justifies the huge price increase jumping from a Base V6 Convertible to a EB 2.3 "Premium" Convertible. If I was going all-in, I would skip over the EB 2.3 even with P.P. and go with a GT V8. Must have something to do with your dislike of Progressives and Daytime Running Lights. Get used to it, neither one is going away! Power Plant wise, the 3.7 V6 has proven to be one of Fords most dependable and reliable engines right up there with its Coyote 5.0 V8. Thats not my opinion, its fact.

PS: Didn`t I state in my earlier Post that I hoped that many 2015 Mustang buyers would opt to purchase fully equipped "Premium" EB 2.3 and GT V8`s that sell for 40K plus? I own significant Ford Stock and would love to feel the bump of higher profit margins from high end Mustang and 2015 Ford 150 Truck sales.

It's pretty sad that you can't even have a discussion about a Mustang without bringing politics into it repeatedly.

You've made it clear that you think anyone who opts for the 2.3LEB and those "expensive options" is an idiot, yet nobody has said anything negative about your choice of the 3.7L.

Stop turning everything into a political confrontation.

Lets see if I can repeat (my) position once again without upsetting your sensitivities. I personally don`t see 6 or 7 thousand dollars of added value going from a Base V6 2015 Mustang Convertible to a Premium EB 2.3 I4 Convertible. Was that political? Did I say that those who opt for that choice are (idiots)? I simply feel that IMHO, I`d personally would jump to a GT 5.0 V8 Convertible if I chose not to go with the Base V6. If performance and no regard for fuel economy were my priorities, I`d go for the GT V8. For (me) to pay a 6K Premium for the EB 2.3 and gain little in either performance nor fuel economy over the Base 3.7 V6 makes little sense, that is if I`m allowed to state my feelings without you taking it as a declaration of war. Now lets see how you construe this Post as an attack or something provocative.

Congratulations - I knew you could post your opinion without a political barb if you tried hard enough. And your disdain for the ecoboost came from the other topic where you made it clear that choosing the EB over the 3.7L was stupid.

So let's move on. But to answer your other question.

Was that political? .

Must have something to do with your dislike of Progressives

Our dealership had it's first 2015 Mustang in production on 10/03/2014 with the last status update per "Vehicle Visibility" on 10/07/2014 showing that the vehicle was in the plant Body Shop. There have been no updates since 10/07/2014 and I've contacted Ford's BAC (Business Assistance Center) twice with both their replies doing nothing but regurgitating the information I already had from Vehicle Visibility. In both cases, my inquiries to the BAC included what information I had from Vehicle Visibility and asked that they provide updated information on the vehicle status.

I sent a 3rd inquiry to the BAC on Monday afternoon and received their standard "Auto Reply" message that I could expect a reply within 2 hours. Yesterday afternoon, about 24 hours after receiving no reply from the BAC, I sent a copy of the Vehicle Visibility report for the vehicle in question to our Ford Zone Manager along with the history of contact with the BAC. He turned the matter over to an Inventory Analyst at the Ford Regional Office and I had an update about 2 hours later!

FYI... The vehicle is a 2015 Mustang GT Premium Coupe... Guard Metallic, Ebony Leather Seats, 3.55 Ratio Limited Slip Axle & Navigation System.

The Ford Zone Manager replied... "Sorry for the runaround with the BAC. My Inventory Analyst got back to me and says it is on quality hold due to the leather seats (Leather Seat Option on Hold - Supplier issue with the wire harness). I have a date to go of 11/6 - That should be the date that all affected units are finished."

Just wanted to let anyone interested about this hoping that it will help keep everyone informed.

Note that units equipped with the Anniversary Appearance Package are not part of the quality hold as those units are being produced and released for shipment.