Did you know a Ford plant shut down for good today?

mnm

Walton Hills Stamping ran its last parts today (10/03/2014) forever. Unfortunately the demise of the Econoline at OHAP was the death sentence for WHSP. Many of the employees will transfer to the Cleveland Engine plant. But some trades are being ILO ed to the street. And for future reference in regards to this years negotiations. ........all the tier 2 people were ILO ed to the street with absolutely no rights to sign any available transfer bids. They arent eligible per the union.........which is B.S.

• Like 3

Walton Hills Stamping ran its last parts today (10/03/2014) forever. Unfortunately the demise of the Econoline at OHAP was the death sentence for WHSP. Many of the employees will transfer to the Cleveland Engine plant. But some trades are being ILO ed to the street. And for future reference in regards to this years negotiations. ........all the tier 2 people were ILO ed to the street with absolutely no rights to sign any available transfer bids. They arent eligible per the union.........which is B.S.

Right on mnm....... There were a couple things posted today on Facebook, and I guess because we at Walton Hills had a much earlier closing date, and it just drug onnn and onnn.....I was saying today, the other plants had media coverage... kinda like a formal good-bye, acknowledgment that it at least existed......Very sad days. Hell it's been sad since the closing announcement for us all. Best wishes to You, and all the fine people from Walton Hills..Past, and present..........May she R.I.P.

• 1 month later...

I know a closing facility is a tough thing for everyone involved, as I have been through it twice. I just started over at Cleveland and feel blesses to be here. I have been at 4 different plants in my career and have never been part of such a tigh nit group of people and such a hard working personal union leadership as I did at walton Hills. The local UAW leadership was very transparent and honest, and just told you how things were going down and what they were trying to accomplish. Walton Hills is a longer drive for me but I would have rather stayed there even with the work being tougher. There was just a good family feel there and a very tough group. Every morning there was a union rep, Joe, who always greeted people and wanted to interact with people. Believe me this isn't the norm at all the plants. Most reps try to hide and not promote interation but at walton Hills it was just different. It was good to see the past chairman, Brian, go to the International. He understaood what it took to handle the situation and really was hard working and cared for the people in the building. He also knew the how to handle the International and work with them to get postings for everyone and opportunities. Not all the people who go up there I can say that about but they really did get a great guy who will be an asset for all of us. Most people who go up there get beat up by their membership but it was different for him as everyone was happy for him but sad he wouldn't be able to run for office over at Cleveland. The new chairman, Paul, has held down the fort and will fight for all he can but it is tough when it gets down to the end and once the end is in sight the company will do all it can to shut the building down. I'm sure that is the case with some of that work going to an outside agency. it seems like the cutaway will be going to Kansas City soon as I did see a picture of one somewhere online. We should all feel blessed with the safe landing we got and I really do owe it to the local and international leadership for the hard work to make it happen. I know the international doesn't get much love on here but they really do deserve it in the case of Walton Hills. I know when they came down for meetings here they were very honest and open and really for the first time in my UAW-Ford career I felt confident with my union. Things happened almost to a tee how they said it would, as there are always a little bumps in the road. All the traditional employees had hundreds of opportunities to transfer all over the place, even the entry levels had opportunities at most of the facilities. The entry levels knew when they came in that the place was closing and were told that they would probably be out on layoff until their opportunity comes at Cleveland. You guys will get there after all of the legacy is placed and it is really not that far out. Just be patient and you'll be on that line making engines. I hope some of the reps who came to Cleveland run for office and get elected over here....Fred, Berly, Kevin, etc.......they really care and are not full of shit and really go out of their way to interact with the membership. I have a feeling they will get wore out while working on the lines over here as everyone will still go to them with questions and concerns. I started a new chapter over here at Cleveland and I'm sure it'll be just fine but i will miss my time and people at Walton Hills. Kudos to the leadership and membership for really do their jobs and making it home for me while I was there. You guys will always be considered family.

• Like 1

I know a closing facility is a tough thing for everyone involved, as I have been through it twice. I just started over at Cleveland and feel blesses to be here. I have been at 4 different plants in my career and have never been part of such a tigh nit group of people and such a hard working personal union leadership as I did at walton Hills. The local UAW leadership was very transparent and honest, and just told you how things were going down and what they were trying to accomplish. Walton Hills is a longer drive for me but I would have rather stayed there even with the work being tougher. There was just a good family feel there and a very tough group. Every morning there was a union rep, Joe, who always greeted people and wanted to interact with people. Believe me this isn't the norm at all the plants. Most reps try to hide and not promote interation but at walton Hills it was just different. It was good to see the past chairman, Brian, go to the International. He understaood what it took to handle the situation and really was hard working and cared for the people in the building. He also knew the how to handle the International and work with them to get postings for everyone and opportunities. Not all the people who go up there I can say that about but they really did get a great guy who will be an asset for all of us. Most people who go up there get beat up by their membership but it was different for him as everyone was happy for him but sad he wouldn't be able to run for office over at Cleveland. The new chairman, Paul, has held down the fort and will fight for all he can but it is tough when it gets down to the end and once the end is in sight the company will do all it can to shut the building down. I'm sure that is the case with some of that work going to an outside agency. it seems like the cutaway will be going to Kansas City soon as I did see a picture of one somewhere online. We should all feel blessed with the safe landing we got and I really do owe it to the local and international leadership for the hard work to make it happen. I know the international doesn't get much love on here but they really do deserve it in the case of Walton Hills. I know when they came down for meetings here they were very honest and open and really for the first time in my UAW-Ford career I felt confident with my union. Things happened almost to a tee how they said it would, as there are always a little bumps in the road. All the traditional employees had hundreds of opportunities to transfer all over the place, even the entry levels had opportunities at most of the facilities. The entry levels knew when they came in that the place was closing and were told that they would probably be out on layoff until their opportunity comes at Cleveland. You guys will get there after all of the legacy is placed and it is really not that far out. Just be patient and you'll be on that line making engines. I hope some of the reps who came to Cleveland run for office and get elected over here....Fred, Berly, Kevin, etc.......they really care and are not full of shit and really go out of their way to interact with the membership. I have a feeling they will get wore out while working on the lines over here as everyone will still go to them with questions and concerns. I started a new chapter over here at Cleveland and I'm sure it'll be just fine but i will miss my time and people at Walton Hills. Kudos to the leadership and membership for really do their jobs and making it home for me while I was there. You guys will always be considered family.

Great post ohiouawguy.... Very heartfelt! It's nice to see there are a few of us Walton Hills people on here still! We sure did have a family feel there, and quite a mish mosh of plants all rolled in together. Many fine friendships have been forged there. I wish You happiness at Brook Park, and will be there soon myself. This will be my third plant, and while I am very nervous about starting over again new place, new people, different work, at least we can continue to work for Ford, and seek each other out as we all eventually make our way there. Again, best of luck to You, and all of us!

• 2 weeks later...