Ordered a Ruby Red F-350 Lariat!

Rebes

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member, but I've been browsing here for quite some time, and I always find the info here useful!

I'm currently driving a Black 2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost Supercrew, pretty much loaded, and I love it! Unfortunately (Or maybe fortunately??) we bought a KZ Spree 35' camper this year, and although it is a Super Light trailer, it still comes in at over 8000 lbs loaded... I found that the F-150 Ecoboost was both overweight by quite a bit, and underpowered somewhat when pulling the camper... so...

I ordered a 2015 F-350 Lariat 6.7L crew cab short box, with all the options I wanted, in Ruby Red... Spray in bed liner, bucket seats, tailgate step, nav package... Ordered right at the end of August, and they told me 8 to 10 weeks for delivery... Can't wait!

I should also mention, I ordered it without some specific factory items, because I'd like to get aftermarket versions of them:

Remote Start -> The range on my F-150 Remote Start was horrible, so I decided to leave that out and get an aftermarket 2-Way system installed... preferrably with the smartphone integration for unlimited distance (At the expense of a yearly subscription)... Any suggestions?

Running Boards -> I left these as the basic ones, because I'd like to upgrade to the Amp powered steps... Does anyone have experience with these? Are they easy to install?

Mud Flaps -> Didn't order with, decided to get aftermarket... Again any suggestions?

Tonneau Cover -> I have the Bak Roll-X on my F-150, and I love it, so I'm planning to order the same for the F-350.

Moon Roof -> Left this off entirely! I am 6'6", and although my F-150 has it, and I had enough room in it... I found that in the F-350 that I test drove with one included, the head room was less than in my F-150! I actually had to bend my neck down a bit to avoid being against the roof. I rarely open the moon roof on my F-150, so I found it to be a completely unnecessary expense.

Any other aftermarket items I should be looking at? I ordered it with the upfitter switches, and I'd like to install some bed lights for when I'm hooking up the camper, but I haven't figured out which ones yet.

• 2 months later...