My forgetful 2014 Fusion Titanium

SteakNEggs

Alright, new leasee, two months into this... Anyone seen these issues?

1) Easy exit is turned on, upon returning to my car it doesn't go back to my preset. My fob is programmed to the #1 position and this happens randomly. It could be that I hop out to run into the gas station, or starting up in the AM. No rhyme or reason.

2) Ambiant lighting changes from my setting RED to the default BLUE on its own. When I go to the screen to change it back, it shows it is set at red for a second then rotates to blue. Again, no rhyme or reason. Second key, programed to #2 positon is also set RED but it doesn't seem to matter if the second fob is in the car or not. IE it isn't confusing the car.

3) Proximity locks sometimes don't respond to my touch. Either the unlock or unlock, doesn't matter what door handle I use either or if I walk away and come back or walk around the car. However, If I just touch the keypad without entering my code, the system comes back to life and the car will respond to my touch!

4) Red lock lights don't stay lit. This may be related to #3? Just something I have noticed. Car is locked but the lights are not on, are they supposed to be always on?

I think that is all for now lol!

I can answer 4). The lock lights only stay lit for a few minutes after you lock the car. The only time they stay on continuously is when you are driving and the doors are locked. I think the specific amount of time is listed in the manual. If they always stayed on, people would complain that it drains the battery over time.

• Like 1

Alright, new leasee, two months into this... Anyone seen these issues?

1) Easy exit is turned on, upon returning to my car it doesn't go back to my preset. My fob is programmed to the #1 position and this happens randomly. It could be that I hop out to run into the gas station, or starting up in the AM. No rhyme or reason.

2) Ambiant lighting changes from my setting RED to the default BLUE on its own. When I go to the screen to change it back, it shows it is set at red for a second then rotates to blue. Again, no rhyme or reason. Second key, programed to #2 positon is also set RED but it doesn't seem to matter if the second fob is in the car or not. IE it isn't confusing the car.

3) Proximity locks sometimes don't respond to my touch. Either the unlock or unlock, doesn't matter what door handle I use either or if I walk away and come back or walk around the car. However, If I just touch the keypad without entering my code, the system comes back to life and the car will respond to my touch!

4) Red lock lights don't stay lit. This may be related to #3? Just something I have noticed. Car is locked but the lights are not on, are they supposed to be always on?

I think that is all for now lol!

I agree with what rp2388 said above for #4. I believe there's a TSB to fix the ambient lighting issue, have you asked your dealer about it? Other owners have also reported the same door lock issues. I believe there's a TSB or SSM about that as well telling the dealers what part to replace or what module to reprogram.

I have no idea about the easy entry/exit issue. I'm 6'3 so my seat is always all the way back. The seat always moves forward and back properly for my wife when she drives.

Yeah I mean it works most of the time, that is why I call it forgetful, otherwise it would just be broken haha...

I haven't been to concerned with any of it, annoyances if anything. It has to go in for body shop repair so maybe I'll ask about it then. Doesn't sound like a wide spread issues, so that is good.

Now that I have an Explorer and have become active on another site and forum, there is mention of MFT reboots causing the lighting to reset back to the default - I think it's called Ice Blue - color. I wonder if you're experiencing that which might also cause #1 which was the easy entry/exit tied to a key fob. From what I hear, you won't really every see the MFT reboot, because it happens when the car is off.

I too had problems every once in a while with the unlock. One thing that I noticed was I often put my thumb near the "Lock" area of the handle, and when I changed the way I grasped the door handle, it seemed to alleviate my issue with the touch unlock.

• 1 month later...

My dad has a 2014 Titanium Fusion with the push-button start and as of two weeks ago i have a 2015 Fusion Titanium as well. Both cars have the problem of the keyless entry not working at all then all of a sudden later on it will start working again. I told the dealer and the looked at me like i was nuts.

In the 2015 Fusion after the first day I had the car it no longer (on the mini display to the right of the speedometer) show that you have a new text message and allow you to "listen, repeat, ignore" it does pop up on the center screen for about 5 seconds and if you don't hit it quick it goes away and there is no way to listen to your text messages. The pop up on the mini display worked the first day I had the car . The dealer also had no clue about this (we tried another 2015 fusion same issue and then on a 2014 and it worked great there).This is the end of my 2nd week of owning the 2015 and now whe ni get a text the car will speak out "you have a text message from xxxxx" then you have to quickly hit listen on the center screen.

My dad has a 2014 Titanium Fusion with the push-button start and as of two weeks ago i have a 2015 Fusion Titanium as well. Both cars have the problem of the keyless entry not working at all then all of a sudden later on it will start working again. I told the dealer and the looked at me like i was nuts.

In the 2015 Fusion after the first day I had the car it no longer (on the mini display to the right of the speedometer) show that you have a new text message and allow you to "listen, repeat, ignore" it does pop up on the center screen for about 5 seconds and if you don't hit it quick it goes away and there is no way to listen to your text messages. The pop up on the mini display worked the first day I had the car . The dealer also had no clue about this (we tried another 2015 fusion same issue and then on a 2014 and it worked great there).This is the end of my 2nd week of owning the 2015 and now whe ni get a text the car will speak out "you have a text message from xxxxx" then you have to quickly hit listen on the center screen.

I think almost everyone has had an issue with the keyless entry not working at some point and usually if it's just to open the door, if you re-lock and try again it'll work. As far as the text messaging, i can't really answer that one since my phone will automatically read the text messages over the speakers when they come in but at least you can go to the "Phone" page and read them there too.

This may be related:

NEXxygG.png