2015 Mustang Reviews?

This is why you shouldn't put too much stock in what a reviewer says about a specific vehicle:

What was a revelation on the street disappoints on the track. The Mustang GT is soft and wallows. OK, good front-to-rear balance, I can convince the tail to wag and impressed how well the brakes held up, that’s been a Mustang weakness in the past, but in this group, I feel like I’m driving mom’s Taurus. - Robin Warner, Road Test Editor - Road and Track

But it's on the road that it comes alive, the rear suspension gripping when you need it to but always just a throttle adjustment away from a micrometer precise rotation, the motion of the body so well controlled despite the weight, the trustworthy feedback from all four corners. This is the best mustang ever, the best ponycar ever, a mutant with DNA from the Fox 5.0 and the BMW e46 in seemingly equal measure. - Jack Baruth Contributing Editor Road and Track

Same car. Same track. Completely different opinions.

Reading the C&D review.

Clicked on a link.

Are you serious? BMW pipes synthesized car noises into the cabin through the speakers? And Porsche mics the engine? That is so-----cheesy.

Yeah, I've been reading about those kinds of "features" on cars for years, particularly Euro-stuff. Apparently, people that like high-dollar performance cars want a knob for their powertrain experience.

That makes me pretty sad.

Well.. Lower MPG.. Slower 1/4 mile time.. more weight..?

Agnes: And you, start over. I want everything in one bag.

Pimple Faced Kid: Yes, ma'am!

Agnes: But I don't want the bag to be heavy.

Pimple Faced Kid: I don't think that's possible!

Agnes: What are you, the possible police? Just do it!

http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season12/safari3.mp3

Also, quarter mile comparisons are stupid and irrelevant.

Is the MPG lower? Yes.

Has Ford gotten burned in the past year for aggressive MPG ratings? Use your brain.

Is the new Mustang heavier? Yes.

Have people been kvetching about the LIGHTER SRA for the last ten years? Yes.

Make up your mind. You can't have everything you want.

Edited by RichardJensen
  • Like 1

I think it is a disgrace, that the Mustang is slower than the old model.its so stupid that it is ridiculous.

?...do you know what the conditions were?, hot/ cold, damp, at elevation, the testing surface, driver was the same.....its not like theres any variables or anything...