Trim around window switches bowing

alpinedaddy

Hey,

I just wanted to see if anyone else has the plastic piece surrounding the window switch on the back doors bowing? Both mine and my father-in-laws 14 titanium have this happening. Haven't made it to the dealer yet to have this and a few other items looked at. Really annoying to have so many small issues with a brand new car.

Thanks,

James

• 2 weeks later...

The passenger front door and both the rear doors on mine have this problem. The plastic looks like it is warping. I just got my car but it was built in June so it has been sitting on the dealers lot for three months and was subjected to the hot summer sun.

I would get the trim replaced but it sounds like it will just happen again based on what you are saying. I wonder how widespread the problem is?

I agree with your comments but unfortunately they didn't get it right with this part.

I would think it is more noticeable on lighter color interiors where the piano black color of the trim piece would really contrast with something like a light tan, but on a black interior like mine, it is not too noticeable unless you know what to look for.

Does anyone know how that piece is installed? On most door panels they tend to use tabs on the component itself which are "welded" to the inside of the door panels. That makes replacement of components on a door panel difficult.

Edited by Dave-S

• 2 weeks later...

So are mine... And I agree with you JScullin - Ford has only been making cars for what 100 years? These issues must have come up in the past especially when I think of the "Bad smell from vents on A/C startup". By now they should have realized how to make sure the condenser / radiator can be dried to prevent foul smells due to mold accumulating.