2016 Shelby GT350 Engine Confirmed: 5.2L Naturally Aspirated

FORD SHELBY GT350 FORUM - The next-generation Ford Shelby GT350 will be powered by a 5.2L Coyote engine variant, which will be naturally aspirated. A naturally aspirated engine is what was expected for the 2016 GT350 since its duty will be to perform road course track service.

Although many of the specific engine details are not yet available, it will also feature variable camshaft timing for all cams.

The release also confirms that the 2016 Shelby will also be available in a convertible.

819.jpg

Click here for more on the 2016 Shelby GT350

• Like 2

FORD SHELBY GT350 FORUM - The next-generation Ford Shelby GT350 will be powered by a 5.2L Coyote engine variant, which will be naturally aspirated. A naturally aspirated engine is what was expected for the 2016 GT350 since its duty will be to perform road course track service.

Although many of the specific engine details are not yet available, it will also feature variable camshaft timing for all cams.

The release also confirms that the 2016 Shelby will also be available in a convertible.

Where is this release you refer to?

The z28 Crapmaro, killer is coming.

The Z/28 isn't a crappy car at all and Chevy should be applauded from bringing it to market. Also, the Z/28 will push Ford harder (not that they need pushing) to make the 2016 Shelby GT350 that much better.

I guess this going to be something similar to the 5.4L to 5.8L with the plamza bore tech and sans the super charger?

The architecture won't be even remotely similar to the 5.4L/5.8L GT500.

I understand that, but the question I was asking is that its going to be similar in the regard that 5.4L engine gained displacement via plasma transfer wire arc process used on the cyc walls to make it into a 5.8L engine

The Z/28 isn't a crappy car at all and Chevy should be applauded from bringing it to market. Also, the Z/28 will push Ford harder (not that they need pushing) to make the 2016 Shelby GT350 that much better.

I stand by what I said about the Crapmaro, from Garbage Motors. Like alot of other people say, why not dyno, the car before a test? I think it's a Ringer car that is being used. I remember camaro5, guys talking about when the zl1, came out it was not as fast as the one gm, sent out to be tested. Edited by mustang let back

I stand by what I said about the Crapmaro, from Garbage Motors. Like alot of other people say, why not dyno, the car before a test? I think it's a Ringer car that is being used. I remember camaro5, guys talking about when the zl1, came out it was not as fast as the one gm, sent out to be tested.

chassis and engines are superb...its the toonish body above and absolutely horrible ergonmics and gun slit sightlines that kill the car for me....