2015 King Ranch Leather Qualities

TopGun1421

My wife and I test drove a 2015 XLT Expedition in the Philly area on Saturday, so yes, the dealers are starting to get them now.

Waloud, has the OK been given to ship? Could have sworn I saw a 2015 rolling down I-275 in Cincinnati this morning . . .

Glad they are shipping. I'm going back to work on Wed night. I was just in the Philly area last week. Going back in Nov., hopefully this time I will get to go sight seeing.

I've been off work and will be for another week. I can't recall seeing 22" wheels on the Expedition. I have seen them on the Lincoln. The 22" wheels look good, but remember your tire sidewall will be shorter. Which could lead to flats if you are driving on rough roads, pot holes, or you hit any curbs. Just my opinion and experience from a few friends over the years. I have no clue why they would be shipping to another plant. I think they are still waiting for the OK to ship as of last week. They have been working weekends and OT for production to get these right and ready to sell.

Waloud, Have you started seeing any 22" wheels on Expeditions going down the line? From what I hear the supplier of the actual aluminum wheels is way behind. Supposedly, the same situation is delaying GMC's Yukon Denali w/22" wheels. Thanks in advance

I can't recall seeing 22" wheels on the Expedition. I have seen them on the Lincoln.

The 22" wheels on the Navigator are a different style than the 22" wheels on the Expedition. Whether they are the same supplier or not I don't know, but they are different wheel styles.

One of my local Ford dealers told me "they talked to someone in corporate" who told them that Expeditions with 22" wheels won't be shipping until after the New Year. Another local dealer was totally clueless - I know more from you guys than they seemed to be able to find out.

So Waloud, any definitive answer on when Expditions with 22" wheels might ship??

Thanks again!!

I'll have to keep an eye out tonight. I don't think I have seen that many 22 on Expedition.

One of my local dealers just left me a message saying that the 22" wheels on the Expedition are "Delayed" with no explanation nor anticipated delivery date.

Waloud, any way you can try to find out what's going on??

Thanks! Ed

One of my local dealers just left me a message saying that the 22" wheels on the Expedition are "Delayed" with no explanation nor anticipated delivery date.

Waloud, any way you can try to find out what's going on??

Thanks! Ed

I had the FordCustSvc member on the Expedition Forum check for me yesterday. My status now shows "in order processing". It was "Scheduled" with a build week of 11/10/14. The rumors of vehicles with 22" wheels of not being shipped until after the first of the year might be true. I ordered the 22" wheels because I wanted the CCD suspension package, which is only available w/22" wheels.

That is the only reason I ordered the 22" wheels. What is the reasoning behind the ccd only being available with 22" wheels.

I don't know. I would have been happy with the standard 20", if I could only get the CCD suspension package. There was a post on some other forum saying that the 22" wheels are from a Chinese supplier

Waloud, has the OK been given to ship? Could have sworn I saw a 2015 rolling down I-275 in Cincinnati this morning . . .

Hey Red2002, I believe it was your '15 that you were getting updates in the other forum. I saw where it was delivered to the dealer. Any chance you can tell me when you placed your order? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been seeing some 22's come down the line this past week. Not a lot, some is better than none.

waloud: Good to hear!! My build date is still the week of 11/10. It hasn't slipped in the last 3 weeks, which is a good sign, I hope. Hopefully if you see a Ruby Red Platinum with 22 inchers come down the line in 2 weeks....that would be mine!

Fingers Crossed!! Thanks Waloud

Waloud , not that I expect you to go out of your way, but my VIN is 1FMJU1MT4FEF01368 . If you should see it (ruby red, standard length) coming down the line, that would be so cool. It would be a "real connection" to someone who was involved in the building of my truck. BTW, I'm trading in a 2010 Limited, also built at KTP. It has been an excellent truck. Excellent quality. Lots of schlepping the kids to college. I'm sure the 2015 will be just as great!

Edited by caplanm
  • Like 2

Yes. Sometimes, it works. Sometimes, it doesn't. You'll need your order number and dealer number or your VIN. Don't expect to see anything until it is scheduled.

Well I got my VIN number today!! And the damn tracking site is still not working. Talked to Ford Customer Care and they found my order, and confirmed the build date of 12/1/2014. Which is good! I wish the site worked better.

• Like 1

Waloud , not that I expect you to go out of your way, but my VIN is 1FMJU1MT4FEF01368 . If you should see it (ruby red, standard length) coming down the line, that would be so cool. It would be a "real connection" to someone who was involved in the building of my truck. BTW, I'm trading in a 2010 Limited, also built at KTP. It has been an excellent truck. Excellent quality. Lots of schlepping the kids to college. I'm sure the 2015 will be just as great!

Waloud - my dealer sent me a printout of the status and order history. It shows scheduled to day 11/12/14. Wednesday's are good days at KTP, right??
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...