2015 King Ranch Leather Qualities

TopGun1421

I am considering ordering a 2015 King Ranch Expedition. The exterior color scheme is very similar to my current 2009 Eddie Bauer.

In years past, the King Ranch leather has been tough, not nearly the same comfort level as the other leather seats.

My dealer tells me that the 2015 King Ranch leather is much softer, more comfortable. Is this correct??

Thanks in advance for your feedback!!

Ed

Yes, I work at the plant. In our 2 week of production, going slow.

Awesome! Is the leather softer?? The previous KR leather was very tough, like an old style baseball glove that you hadn't broken in yet.

I have a 2009 Eddie Bauer now, and had a 2003 Eddie Bauer before that. I really like the two tone paint scheme and that's what's pushing me toward the 2015 King Ranch. But the KR only gives you one interior choice, hence this post.

Have you built many KR's?? How do they look? Are they as sharp looking as the web site pics?? I'm torn between the Copper and Black exterior paint. Have you seen both personally?? Which looks better??

And thanks Waloud for your info! I am grateful for your insight.

Ed

Personally I love the new KR interior. I didn't care much for the last few years. I think the tougher leather you are talking about was probably the best leather seat they had for the KR. It took some time to break the leather in, but lasted a long time.

The black/copper combo looks good. My other choice would be bronze fore or ruby red.

Personally I love the new KR interior. I didn't care much for the last few years. I think the tougher leather you are talking about was probably the best leather seat they had for the KR. It took some time to break the leather in, but lasted a long time.

Sounds great. I was just going to order the Limited, but my wife liked the look of the KR interior.

We are running all models. The new wheels are so much better looking. It's been a slow change over. We are building a few more every day, should be back up to normal speed next week from what I'm hearing.

Edited by waloud

We are running all models. The new wheels are so much better looking. It's been a slow change over. We are building a few more every day, should be back up to normal speed next week from what I'm hearing.

Great to hear!. Thanks for the info

Edited by caplanm

It's still a toss up on the 3 colors I threw out there. They all look good. Body wise, it's not a big change, but enough to make them look better. Interior is really nice. Even the plain XL doesn't look bad. Hope everyone likes them. I have been told that the electric power steering will take a little time to get use to.

It's still a toss up on the 3 colors I threw out there. They all look good. Body wise, it's not a big change, but enough to make them look better. Interior is really nice. Even the plain XL doesn't look bad. Hope everyone likes them. I have been told that the electric power steering will take a little time to get use to.

Thanks for the color feedback Waloud. What's up with electric power steering?? Have not heard that's a change in the 2015's?

Electric steering just has a different feel. I haven't had a chance to drive one out side of the plant.

Its not better or worse, its just different. My first experience with it was in my 2010 Fusion, I will say it was nice being able to turn the wheel with one finger.

It does have color stitching, but pic seems brighter than what you see in person. It doesn't stand out in person like the pic. I'll check again tonight when I go back in. We are suppose to increase production this week, not sure by how much.

Thanks Waloud!! If the stitching color is anything like the orange it is in the attached pic, that would probably push me over to ordering the Bronze Fire exterior (as opposed to the Tuxedo Black exterior).

It does have color stitching, but pic seems brighter than what you see in person. It doesn't stand out in person like the pic. I'll check again tonight when I go back in. We are suppose to increase production this week, not sure by how much.

Waloud- Any reason for the slow production? Supplier issues or is Ford just being cautious?