Woodhaven Stamping shutting down rumor?

focusfrank

It's toast. New press lines at DSP will do the new F-150. New Mustang work to ISA. All other work will be distributed to other plants at the end of the year when the current model 150 is done. Rumor is they will dismantle their Schuler press and install it in another stamping plant. Possibly Buffalo.

Heard Chrysler is interested in it but not for stamping.

It'll stay open for at least a year after next contract. It's being idled to barely nothing in February. Many have transfered to many other plant's over the last year. Over 300 production have been awarded bids for DSP beginning in September and incrementally the following momths of this year. The Schuler has been sold to Kentucky Truck. Production and trades are currently waiting for placement dates for MAP, FRAP, DSP, DTP, DDMP,KCAP and more. About 70 trades bids are up for all plants in Rouge Site. All bids are for following work lost, production and trades.

What ever ends up happening to Woodhaven, I wish you all well. Walton Hills was supposed to close pretty much July 3rd, but the pressroom is still running. Most of us are layed off, and those of us that made the list to go to Brook park are just waiting to get our date.Plant closings are a bad thing to go through, it's been real hard watching that place get picked apart. I would have loved to stay there for the duration of my employment, but that's not happening obviously. Just because they are looking for Supervisors at Woodhaven don't mean squat. They brought in a lot of retired people and others so that some of our supervisors could transfer out to other plants.I wouldn't wish this plant closing on any plant anywhere. When Lorain closed we shut her down the correct day they said it would happen. None of this lingering on business that's happening to Walton Hills. Been hard seein our people take transfers all over, but hey, it's been a good run. As I said I wish Woodhaven, and all other plants the best.

• Like 2

Ford recently posted for supervisors and maintenance managers for Woodhaven. This would not likely be the case if the plant were closing in months. Perhaps Woidhaven will be the stamper for the next gen Taurus

and MKS?

The reasoning behind that posting was due to Supervisors leaving, they still have to fill those positions even though its closing

• 1 month later...

Always heard Woodhaven was one of the plants they've been wanting to close for years now, wonder were all their workers will go?

when thay closed WHSP thay sent the remaning work to ARTIFLEX NONE UNION STAMPING insted of BSP because thay could not handle it and th IUAW let them do it !

Woodhaven Stamping is still running. KCAP is still making the steel F-150, so we are still supplying them. We also stamp parts for the Focus, Super Duty and Expedition/Navigator. Besides getting work from WHSP (some which was ours to begin with), BSP and CSP has sent some jobs to us. Some of this work from BSP and CSP is short term; balance out, press issues at their plant, etc. When KCAP stops making the steel F-150, Woodhaven's manpower will shrink. Many Woodhaven people are waiting to move on to Dearborn (DSP, DDMP, DTP), or are already there. Some people have already gone to FRAP, while others are waiting to go to MAP.

As far as Woodhaven Stamping closing, no one will know until after the September 2015 contract.

• Like 1