New DRL's

Chris1970

• 4 weeks later...

I totally love them. Yes, I have HID's also (6000K), but kept the stock parking lights, kinda looks like it's angry. I got the DRL's for $169.99 + shipping from ijdmtoy.com. A month later, still doing great.

Did they come with instructions on how to install? What if I have the fog lights already installed?

Very easy to install, they quite literally pop right on. Module comes with it. Red (bat+) Black (ground-), blue (acc fuse to trigger on/off), white (optional) can be hooked to headlight positive that will dim the DRL by 50% when the headlights are on. That's it. These are exact fit, so they fit cars with or without the fogs. All the mounting points are there for the fogs to be mounted to.

I totally love them. Yes, I have HID's also (6000K), but kept the stock parking lights, kinda looks like it's angry. I got the DRL's for $169.99 + shipping from ijdmtoy.com. A month later, still doing great.

Can I get a picture with the lights turned off; so I can see how the bezel looks?>

Also,

Where did you run the wires through the firewall?

Edited by nmadole

Will take pics when I get a chance. Nothing to run through the firewall as they are not controlled from the car interior. Automatic module that is included takes care of everything. If you're talking about running the wires from the grille area to the engine compartment, same as HID wiring routes.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the link for the install (http://ijdmtoy.com/BLOG/wordpress/2014/07/01/how-to-install-ford-fusion-led-daytime-running-lights/). Anyways, the acc fuse they showed was not available on my car (I only have an SE) so I used the windshield wiper fuse to trigger the activation of the lights. Being that power is taken from the battery, there is no risk to that particular fuse. DRL's turn on, as the key turns on, they turn off, 15 secs after the car is turned off.

My module was exactly as above:

Red - battery + terminal

Black - Ground to the car body near battery

Blue - Wiper fuse for activation of the unit

White - Did not hookup to headlight for dimmer as I'm not interested in that feature.(optional)

That is weird; My control module is completely different. I finished my wiring last night....

Red - Power - Spliced into the Parking Light power wire

Black - Ground - Connected to the car body near battery

Blue - Dimmer - Connected to Red Power wire (I like the Dim setting better so I want the lights to always be at the Dim setting).

White - OFF - Not connected to anything

Having it hooked to the parking light is perfect in my opinion; the LED comes on when I unlock my car. The LED stays on for a short delay after my car is turned off. They are always on when my parking lights are on, and I can turn them off using the interior light control if I want.

I'll post some more pics/ video on Friday.

Edited by nmadole

There's probably endless ways of doing it, I like to have them on all the time at the brightest mode. I did notice the front of the black Fusions, are not very noticeable when approaching traffic, I used to have a lot of people turn in front of me or cut me off. That has done a 180 now. It's a shame, that a $200 piece of equipment was not added to the new Fusion for safety reasons, well worth the money.

Not surprised that our fuse boxes are different, you have the hybrid and I don't, many differences I'm sure.

There's probably endless ways of doing it, I like to have them on all the time at the brightest mode. I did notice the front of the black Fusions, are not very noticeable when approaching traffic, I used to have a lot of people turn in front of me or cut me off. That has done a 180 now. It's a shame, that a $200 piece of equipment was not added to the new Fusion for safety reasons, well worth the money.

Not surprised that our fuse boxes are different, you have the hybrid and I don't, many differences I'm sure.

The actual control module that came with the lights is different; the fuse box is the same in the hybrid vs. non-hybrid.... I guess the company changed what they are sending to customers.

Your blue is the 12 volt switch; mine is the dimmer .... I don't have a 12 volt switch (I wish they would have sent me your style control module) :(

Edited by nmadole

But yours has red/black/blue/white, correct? The white must be the switch then. The site even says they may differ, but the info sheet that comes with it has the correct setup for the module it comes with.

My white is strictly "OFF" ... no 12 volt switch for "ON" ... If you put current on the White it turns off the LED's :(