The Chevy Volt’s European Twin, Opel Ampera, Gets the Axe, only 332 units sold this year

silvrsvt

THE AWARDS NEVER STOPPED!

Opel Ampera and Chevrolet Volt named European Car of the Year 2013

By George on March 8th, 2012

The Opel Ampera and the Chevrolet Volt have won the European Car of the Year 2012″ award. The Opel Ampera / Chevrolet Volt were the undisputed winners with 330 points against VW Up (281) and Ford Focus (256).

For the first time in the history of the prize, the final selection was made in the context of the Geneva international motor show.

It is a proud moment for us and an honor to receive this award from Europes leading jury of automotive journalists, said Susan Docherty, President and Managing Director, Chevrolet Europe. Our car demonstrates that electric driving can be fun and reliable without ever compromising the owners lifestyle.

The Volt and the Ampera have won many international awards including the World Green Car of the Year 2011″ and the North American Car of the Year 2011″ award. There have also been accolades for safety like the maximum 5-star Euro NCAP award.

There was an article on Japolnic where the guy got an ELR after discounts for $47k

Wouldn't surprise me.

Can you imagine the negotiations when making a purchase? Take the top number; subtract 10%, then divide by 2, then multiply by 1/3...

• Like 1

Volt is now a victim of "GM conditioning", without attractive lease deals it's deader than a door knob.

People only want Volt when it costs them "nothing" and a manufacturer like GM takes all the risk.

Over at Ford, Fusion energi sales now pass Volt comfortably, GM are you watching?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Can you imagine the negotiations when making a purchase? Take the top number; subtract 10%, then divide by 2, then multiply by 1/3...

Unfortunately for GM, that seems to be true.

The Ford C-MAX and Fusion Energi + Hybrid models seem to be doing very well.

The Focus Electric, not so much. I though that we'd see a Focus Energi by now though.

Unfortunately for GM, that seems to be true.

The Ford C-MAX and Fusion Energi + Hybrid models seem to be doing very well.

The Focus Electric, not so much. I though that we'd see a Focus Energi by now though.

Either that or just bring the 1.0 Ecoboost Fusion in manual and auto (~ 140 hp Euro Fiesta S engine)

Edited by jpd80