Berkeley dispensaries required to give free marijuana to the poor

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/pot-luck--berkley-dispensaries-now-required-to-give-free-marijuana-to-the-poor-170035152.html

"...

If you love smoking pot, live in Berkeley and don’t make a lot of money, the city council has some good news for you: your pot may now be free .

An ordinance approved by the Berkeley City Council says that at least 2 percent of all pot carried by medical marijuana dispensaries must be provided “at no cost” to “very low-income” individuals and families.

The council defines “very low income” as individuals making $32,000 a year or less, or families of four collectively earning $46,000..."

You got to love CA..lol

• Like 1

"The council defines very low income as individuals making $32,000 a year or less, or families of four collectively earning $46,000..."

That is around $15/hr..

That sounds like enough as long a pot is considered a disposable income purchase. Give a dope head $15/hr. and he'll have pot. The kids might not eat....or they'll get SNAP, but first, there'd be pot.

And I am speaking from direct knowledge.

Ask an alcoholic if they'd quit drinking so their kids can eat on his income before resorting to givernment subsidies.

It was a typo, but "givernment" is more accurate.

Regardless of what position you might have on either (de-criminalizing, or legalizing Pot for either Medical use, Recreational use, all or none of the above, it makes no sense to send non-violent people to Jail and have them carry the stigma of being convicted felons for the rest of their life, is just plan asinine and stupid. Thanks to the new business model of Pay for Profit privately run Prisons, they need near full occupancy. If need be, supplement the extra Cells to White Collar Criminals. Bad enough we need to find Wars to keep our Department of War and its Military Industrial Complex such as Halliburton happy, we now need to appease or privately run Pay for Profit Jails.

• Like 1

Regardless of what position you might have on either (de-criminalizing, or legalizing Pot for either Medical use, Recreational use, all or none of the above, it makes no sense to send non-violent people to Jail and have them carry the stigma of being convicted felons for the rest of their life, is just plan asinine and stupid. Thanks to the new business model of Pay for Profit privately run Prisons, they need near full occupancy. If need be, supplement the extra Cells to White Collar Criminals. Bad enough we need to find Wars to keep our Department of War and its Military Industrial Complex such as Halliburton happy, we now need to appease or privately run Pay for Profit Jails.

Silly, those are all features and benefits of the War on Drugs. :)

I always get a chuckle when people refer to the "Military Industrial Complex". Companies you would consider being part of that are all making plenty of money whether we are at war or not...and they gainfully employ hundreds of thousands of Americans. And then they act like they are all in cahoots to start wars just so they can sell more F-35s or Predators. It just doesn't work that way. They are businesses like any other business. How on earth did any of them stay in business during the mid-90's? :club:

Is Coca-Cola causing global warming so more people get thirsty too?

Edited by NickF1011
  • Like 3

I always get a chuckle when people refer to the "Military Industrial Complex". Companies you would consider being part of that are all making plenty of money whether we are at war or not...and they gainfully employ hundreds of thousands of Americans. And then they act like they are all in cahoots to start wars just so they can sell more F-35s or Predators. It just doesn't work that way. They are businesses like any other business. How on earth did any of them stay in business during the mid-90's? :club:

Is Coca-Cola causing global warming so more people get thirsty too?

Military and aerospace is LOTS of skilled American manufacturing jobs and thousands of supporting role jobs as well.

We use to have a space program as well.......

• 2 weeks later...

Government and Organized Crime support each other and cause each other to flourish through Drug Prohibition Laws. Both sides want them to stay in place. It is a winning partnership for everybody except the tax-payer and innocent by-stander. They will try to drag you in any chance they get. I will not get involved in their "cops-and-robbers" game if called upon to testify. I am not part of it. Let them kill each other if they want to in order to make lots of money. Count me out. Legalize it and forget about it. Problem solved.

• 4 weeks later...

Kinda went on a tangent guys.

1) free pot to low income

2) legalising pot

As far as

(1) I call bull$%^& the same as free needles or free likker for alcoholic's etc.

(2) Should of legalised it years and years ago.....and I have nothing to do with it, just an opinion.

Edited by goinbroke2