MAP

playball31

Anyone know the reason behind MAP working 10.5 hours everyday when there is talk of multiple layoffs between now and the end of the year. Makes no sense to me.

WoW, You have had how many down weeks and your complaining about working a half hour OT.

You will never make any sense of Ford.

Production is based on dealer orders, fleet orders, sometimes the order numbers require the production number to be high, if Ford has orders to fill they will work OT to fill the orders, if ford don't have orders downtime is scheduled, it's all about orders , Ford can't control the number of orders they have for your product this week or next week that's why the production schedule can change at any time.

One week your order bank could be 25,000, the next week it could be 15,000, it's all based on sales.

You should never try to figure ford out cause it will never happen, if you don't need the half hour a day of OT donate it to charity when you get it, that might help you deal with the situation a little better!

I look at it this way. Don't question it, just enjoy the larger paychecks while you're still getting them

I agree with you, make that money while you can and don't complain. Summer sales are usually higher and cause an increase in demand for the Focus plus the increase in gas prices are also a factor. Enjoy all the o.t. you can get hopefully it last all summer. More hours worked equals bigger profit sharing checks too...

Inventory costs money and taxes. So does OT but at least they are selling product when they pay it out.

Ford used to have an bank of vehicles that sat and were given to dealers to fill orders. One of the first things Iacoca done when he took over company was to get rid of this. Storing cars is not cheap when you factor in the cost of extra shipping to and from storage facility that you are paying for and the chance of extra damage caused by at least 2 extra loads on a truck or driving to storage yard. You could have a hundred days supply sitting in storage and not meet what a particular customer wants. I would rather have a healthy order book as apposed to a 100 day unsold supply sitting.

• Like 1

Ford used to have an bank of vehicles that sat and were given to dealers to fill orders. One of the first things Iacoca done when he took over company was to get rid of this. Storing cars is not cheap when you factor in the cost of extra shipping to and from storage facility that you are paying for and the chance of extra damage caused by at least 2 extra loads on a truck or driving to storage yard. You could have a hundred days supply sitting in storage and not meet what a particular customer wants. I would rather have a healthy order book as apposed to a 100 day unsold supply sitting.

Wish everyone at Ford understood how things work