2015 Edge Spyshots

Does this imply that rumored Fiesta assembly being halted at Cuautitlan really is happening, and Ford will move its CD4 platforms in there?

This doesn't make much sense, already have Hermosillo, Flat Rock and Oakville able to do CD4 platform cars for NA and SA...where are the Fiestas going to come from for those markets?

With the EU spec Edge being offered with the 2.0L TDCi (diesel) and assembled and exported from Oakville, any

chance Ford N.A. would decide to offer the diesel in the new Edge over there?

With the new Euro6 emission standards it is much easier than it was in the past to meet US Emissions, they are very close to the US standards. Ford has tripled down on eco-boost and that is the basket where the eggs are, I could see diesel if the market goes that way but Ford wouldn't be a leader in that. If Ford eventually does a Diesel I think you'd not just see the Edge but the Explorer, Escape, F-150 as well. They would basically need to launch an Eco-torque line and market it the same way they have Eco-boost.

Couple interesting articles I came across searching CD539 (new Edge) program

1.From a supplierbusiness.com page 2015 Ford Edge Second Generation (Platform: CD4; Program code: CD539; Assembled: Oakville, Canada; SOP: November 2014) - See more at: http://www.supplierbusiness.com/page/65/cutaways#sthash.7r5YcHdY.dpuf

Start of production is November 2014, and I also read for Europe the Edge will hit the dealerships in the second half of 2015.

2.Ford job ad on Linkdin Program Vehicle Integration - Vehicle Integration/ Engineering for the CD539E/X (code for Edge Europe) and CD390 (code for Mondeo/Fusion,S-Max & Galaxy) programs, at the Cuautitlán Mx Plant were at the moment the Fiesta is being assembled.

Does this imply that rumored Fiesta assembly being halted at Cuautitlan really is happening, and Ford will move its CD4 platforms in there?

It makes sense to make Cuautitlan a CD4 and/or C2 production site since that is the majority of sales in North America. But are they really converting the entire plant to Edge or just adding CD4 to the flex assembly line?

I don't think Ford needs the entire Cuautitland capacity for Edge and MKX... although it makes sense for them to have 2 production site now that Edge is going global. There is also a 3rd Chinese production site, which will began building Edge in first quarter of 2015, for the Chinese market.

anyone in the know care to enlighten me on the difference between the current floorplan and CD4.2?.....curious and know NADA!

Go out to your lot and look underneath a 2014 Fusion and a used 2006-2012 Fusion. That would be a good approximation.

Also: Diesel motors are expensive and diesel fuel is expensive, and diesels don't do well on the EPA tests---which leaves you with minimal reasons to go diesel in the NA market, even if emissions standards make it more feasible than it has been in the past.

Well I've noticed over the past couple weeks that Regular Gas only enjoys a 10 cent a gallon advantage over diesel these days...with the way things are going in the Middle East, I think gas prices aren't going to go down anytime soon.

They had the "concept" at NAIAS in January. Visually (i.e. from 15' away) it looked just like the current model. I am curious what effect changing the platform will have.

​I wish the venerable 2.5L NA was the base engine with the 3.5L and EcoBoost as options. As for the new transmission(s), I don't think they will start production until later in 2015CY.

not sure but I think it could have the 2.3l EB, the 3.5l and the 2.7l EB

Well I've noticed over the past couple weeks that Regular Gas only enjoys a 10 cent a gallon advantage over diesel these days...with the way things are going in the Middle East, I think gas prices aren't going to go down anytime soon.

Still sitting at about 10% here. And we're nearing the point where diesel typically bottoms out in terms of demand, and where gas peaks, AFAIK.

Edited by RichardJensen

Guessing MKX will likely trail the Edge by at least 6 months.

I'll be surprised if the difference is HALF that much...

...seeing a very late 2015my Edge and an early-as-possible 2016my MKX

New MKX is going to be a 2016MY as well, the 2015 order guide is already out for the MKX, as expected no changes.

thumb.gif

any chance you can get & POST a copy of the OG, Jason??

Still sitting at about 10% here. And we're nearing the point where diesel typically bottoms out in terms of demand, and where gas peaks, AFAIK.

Out on the East Coast, prices have been trending higher for the past month or so. I don't buy regular, but Super has gone from 30-40 cents more a gallon in the past couple months.

I spent $3.65 on Super last summer, today the price is 4.07