Refunds coming for Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Owners and others

• 1 month later...

i got a check today $1050. this sucks. i sold my 2011 mkz hybrid that got better mpg. i always got better than 43mpg in town.

if i had known, i would have just kept it. how can the 2014 get less mpg. i have 3000miles on the 2014. I'm getting 39.5 mpg

Man, I'd be happy with 39.5 if I could get that with my 2013. Last year at this time I was getting almost that much, but it has steadily dropped (in spite of the recalibration which was to improve MPG) and I'm averaging just over 36 now. From what magazine reviewers are saying, though, that seems to be better than average. Hope my check comes soon.

hard to be happy. had an Escape hybrid also. so this is my 3rd hybrid. since i've always gotten better with the 2011, i was hoping to do better with the 2014.

You have to work at it. but i luv doing it. I'm always trying for better mpg. it will improve in the fall, then go back down till spring.

i haven't heard about this in the news yet, but I'm sure we will. i can hear the Lawyers at the door.

i'll take my check and be happy with it.

the letter that came with the check said something about a free gift also. (discount on a 2014 f350 would be nice lol)

I'm disapointed but, I'm still a Ford fan always have been, and always will be.

I received $1,050 yesterday as well. Disappointing that they set the new mileage so low, mostly for resale value I guess, but I carefully still have averaged 42.4 mpg lifetime on my 13 mkz Hybrid. I thought the $1,050 was fair since if I had seen 38mpg at the time I bought the car, I likely would have chosen another model.

I received $1,050 yesterday as well. Disappointing that they set the new mileage so low, mostly for resale value I guess, but I carefully still have averaged 42.4 mpg lifetime on my 13 mkz Hybrid. I thought the $1,050 was fair since if I had seen 38mpg at the time I bought the car, I likely would have chosen another model.

My lifetime MPG according to the car's computer is 41.1, but the actual lifetime MPG by hand calculations of every tank is 36.2. Never owned a car with such an inaccurate dash MPG readout. My Mustang's has never been off by more than 4/10ths of one MPG in 16,000 miles. I got my $1050 yesterday, also, plus the offer of the free gift. Unfortunately, of the 4 gifts offered, neither my wife nor I can use any of them.

More than my disappointment with the MPG is my frustration that I have 3 problems with the car which it came with new that haven't been fixed yet in spite of numerous attempts for a year and a half now. Not serious problems, but apparently uncorrectable by Lincoln, and now a 4th problem has popped up.

My lifetime MPG according to the car's computer is 41.1, but the actual lifetime MPG by hand calculations of every tank is 36.2.

Ouch.. you're killing me there.... Anyway, I really haven't had any big issues since I got the car that weren't self induced. I didn't see the gifts thing. I'll have to re-read the letter.

Ouch.. you're killing me there.... Anyway, I really haven't had any big issues since I got the car that weren't self induced. I didn't see the gifts thing. I'll have to re-read the letter.

If you happen to have an iPad Mini and need a case, one of the gifts is a Shinola leather case for it. I checked and the case goes for $145, not a bad gift if you can use it.