attendance problems

fuzzymoomoo

Does anyone have attendance issues like MAP C-Crew does? It seems like every day the line is starting later and later because people don't show up for work. How long does this have to continue until they start losing their jobs? I understand having a rather lenient attendance policy. Shit happens, I get that, but for the love of god at least enforce your policies!

And people wonder why the C-Crew is getting canned rumors won't die.

At CAP it isn`t just one set crew.....

Yesterday, "A" crew was short 16 in just one department. "B" crew has issues with Tuesday`s and Friday`s. "C" crew isn`t dealing with the Sunday flip all that well.

When we worked 2 shifts 12 hours a day the attendance was lets say manageable, now.... group leaders, supervisors and rep`s enjoy an unscheduled extra days off now and then.

AWS????? a smart move? For the company yes.... we have entry level members working 7 day weeks, think about that for a minute, hmmm for about 3 1/2 days pay.....

Decker

Its not just C crew at Map. On Monday, A crew had 34 people short in Trim, and another 30 in Chassis.. People got their sub pay, bonus, and regular check all at the same time last week, AND many got all their vacation days back. Its a darned shame that people can't make it to work after 3 days off.

The summer LTS`s aren't even showing up, some don`t make it back from break.

At CAP it is year round, yep, higher around profit sharing and other multi check weeks but, any day that ends in a "Y" we have missing people.....

Decker

Its not just C crew at Map. On Monday, A crew had 34 people short in Trim, and another 30 in Chassis.. People got their sub pay, bonus, and regular check all at the same time last week, AND many got all their vacation days back. Its a darned shame that people can't make it to work after 3 days off.

I heard about that. Has it been a consistent problem for you guys or a one time deal? Its been a problem on C-Crew for months now.

First of all 3 crews has always had an attendance problem. Back before MAP had 3 crews going the company and local predicted a 34% absenteeism during the summer months. And as far as laying off C crew, its not just C crew thats going to be affected its the 1/3 lowest seniority that will. Not all people on C crew is low seniority.

• Like 1

What really doers not make sense is that people can make it in to work when they are on a 5 day a week schedule, with only 2 days off, but those same people have trouble coming in when we work a 4 day schedule with 3 days off. I'm sorry, but something just does not add up in my opinion.

I know we have all seen some problems with attendance no matter the schedule, but is surely looks as if the 3 crew operation makes attendance even worse.

Even when we had a 5 day schedule and worked 10 per day, we didn't have the problem like we do now. I remember years running 5 days of 10 hours, and every other Saturday and attendance was not this bad.

That used to be the norm, if you weren't running like that you had to be worried about a shift being laid off.

At KCAP our problem is medical restricted new hires. If managent tries to put them on a job they run to medical. These are people with less than 2 or 3 years

Most of them had daddy or mommy help get them there job!

Ford needs to go back to job service and hire people. Stop this hiring mommy or daddies kid

Edited by KCAPFINAL

At KCAP our problem is medical restricted new hires. If managent tries to put them on a job they run to medical. These are people with less than 2 or 3 years

Most of them had daddy or mommy help get them there job!

Ford needs to go back to job service and hire people. Stop this hiring mommy or daddies kid

How is KCAP doing with the new van?

How many shifts are you running?