lol keep dreamin, u offer 10k to tier one and they will take a paycut.

Only stupid people who can't do basic math would accept that! A $4 cut an hour would lose you $8,000 on a 2,000 hour work year, which is 14% less! You then have to work almost 220 hours of overtime just to earn that 8 grand back. You are supposed to budget everything on a 40 hour check, now you have to work over 44 hours each week to break even. Your bills won't be dropping by 14%, if anything they might rise 14%! (food, gas, electricity, insurance, heating, & medical costs have all skyrocketed in the past 6 years...we haven't had a raise in almost 10!) If you took 10 grand, after taxes you're already in the hole in year one. It would take a very large sum of upfront money, or paid once a year for 4 years to even consider it. You would have to be able to refinance your mortgage, or pay off your house...pay off your car...lower all your bills to be able to just AFFORD what you already have! I was told by someone at the Glass House when the two-tier wage structure passed that the consensus with the big 3 leadership was to offer $100,000 at the next contract to buy down the first tier wage between 4 and 5 bucks an hour, (paid out with $25k each year of contract) they would then bump up the second tier over time to match the new wage. Sergio Marchionne, the CEO of Chrysler/Fiat, hates the 2 tier and wants it gone. GM and Ford don't want to pay the second tier more because it's very profitable with them making way less, unless they cut the first tier wage equally. Any small upfront payment that we accept would result in what happened to most everyone who took the 50K or even 100k buyout....you'd go broke! In the end, I don't know how much will actually be offered (if there even IS a buy down offer), but I quarantee you both the company and the union will try and screw us!

• Like 1

The one thing I am trying to figure out is why anybody is volunteering to work any overtime? If it is mandatory then you work, but if not when they canvas the shop all departments and plants say "NO". We need to send a message right now that we are not going to take it anymore. Come September 2015 we want 4 years of raises 10%,6%,5%, and 4%, cola back, 6 min per hour for break, and do away with the 2nd tier wage. If that is not agreed upon by the company our delegates walk out, call the plants and we walk out on strike immediately. STOP THE VOLUNTEERING it is the only way we can send a message to the company without threat of retribution.

• Like 5

The one thing I am trying to figure out is why anybody is volunteering to work any overtime? If it is mandatory then you work, but if not when they canvas the shop all departments and plants say "NO". We need to send a message right now that we are not going to take it anymore. Come September 2015 we want 4 years of raises 10%,6%,5%, and 4%, cola back, 6 min per hour for break, and do away with the 2nd tier wage. If that is not agreed upon by the company our delegates walk out, call the plants and we walk out on strike immediately. STOP THE VOLUNTEERING it is the only way we can send a message to the company without threat of retribution.

Your dreaming!

And do you think our UAW would walk out and strike, this is the same UAW that is taking money from us themselves!

• Like 1

I totally agree with you KC. The unfortunate reality of this though is that on the shop floor, it is every man for himself. People will not look at the big picture, just their own personal situation. Solidarity is a union hall buzz word and it does not apply in the workplace. You have your ass lickers that will do anything to ensure they keep getting offered overtime. Do something that management dislikes, and you will not be offered anything, despite what the overtime hours sheet says.

Edited by RougeWelder
  • Like 2

Because the attitude of the membership has become every man/woman for themselves, screw you Jack, I've got mine! Just look at how they vote their local officials in! It's based on not the greater good but who is going to do you a "favor"!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because the attitude of the membership has become every man/woman for themselves, screw you Jack, I've got mine! Just look at how they vote their local officials in! It's based on not the greater good but who is going to do you a "favor"!

Exactly !!!! The more people act that way the worse it gets. Can't wait to see the fall out when people are able to opt out of paying union dues. The attitude of "All for none, and one for...well me of coarse" will be even more amplified.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

That is a reality I am afraid is already "written on the wall"...once the threshhold of more tier 2 vs tier 1 employees is crossed I see the "wage adjustment" all in the interest of "being fair" becoming a reality. This is one of the many reasons I have never been a fan of the two tier system.

The other thought that concerns me is the right to work BS....a person will have the right to "withdraw" from the union yet the union will still be required to represent them and they will still "reap the benefits" negotiated for the membership. Will this same person still be allowed to vote on our contract? Personally I feel if you withdraw your membership then you shouldn't be entitled to ANY of the benefits the IUAW negotiated for IT'S MEMBERS.

Yet I will not be surprised if they are allowed to vote...after all...despite not being a member...they are benefits that they will still be entitled to.

Yup....not just the 2015 but the following contract could prove to be very interesting as well.

Its capped at 20% EXCLUDING RAWSONVILLE & STERLING. How are they ever going to be the majority?

• 2 weeks later...

Well thanks for all the comments! We have the full two shifts working 10.5 hour days, including 2 of 3 Saturdays most of the time. Things seem to be going well for the company at FRAP. I'm beginning to lag a bit working all those hours, but we're doing what we do.

We gave Ford the ability to survive "Without Taxpayer Money", and now it's time for Ford to give a little, or a Lot, back. In my opinion it's just BAD business to keep screwing over the folks that make your product which makes THEM a LOT of MONEY! Can I get an amen?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well thanks for all the comments! We have the full two shifts working 10.5 hour days, including 2 of 3 Saturdays most of the time. Things seem to be going well for the company at FRAP. I'm beginning to lag a bit working all those hours, but we're doing what we do.

We gave Ford the ability to survive "Without Taxpayer Money", and now it's time for Ford to give a little, or a Lot, back. In my opinion it's just BAD business to keep screwing over the folks that make your product which makes THEM a LOT of MONEY! Can I get an amen?

Any talk of a 3rd shift being added at FRAP?