Dues increase

Get used to the fact that your dues are going up. New hires stop whining about equal wages with legacy employees. It took me over three years "credited service" to get to top scale.

If I remember correctly anyone hired after the 1996 contract had to wait three

years "credited service" to get to top scale. Tier wage is not going away get used to it. Thanks to the Ford locals that voted NO

Edited by KCAPFINAL

Get used to the fact that your dues are going up. New hires stop whining about equal wages with legacy employees. It took me over three years "credited service" to get to top scale.

If I remember correctly anyone hired after the 1996 contract had to wait three

years "credited service" to get to top scale. Tier wage is not going away get used to it. Thanks to the Ford locals that voted NO

What's sad is that the 2nd Tier actually believe the union will fight to get there wages raised!

Not sure why they don't understand Ford and the union work together against the employee.

More of the same old corrupt bullshit that some on here will defend to the death. When the leadership lies to you, and you can no longer trust them, why on earth would we give our hard earned dollars to them so they can squander it on their own private agenda, instead of what they told us it would be used for? Michigan right to work is gonna bite them in the ass big time. AND IT SHOULD!

• Like 1

Imagine that. They lied to us.

They didn't lie to us. They told us that the money was going to backfill the Strike fund and it is. They just totally forgot to mention why it needed to be backfilled. (Sarcasm..just in case it didn't read that way)

Just when the thought was that perhaps it was just an aberration, that it was all just the strange Bob King comes this. How the fuck did they not think that they should have mentioned this is fucking beyond me and I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. This has me thinking long and hard about things but there is no way I could give up my right to vote on the contract.

More of the same old corrupt bullshit that some on here will defend to the death. When the leadership lies to you, and you can no longer trust them, why on earth would we give our hard earned dollars to them so they can squander it on their own private agenda, instead of what they told us it would be used for? Michigan right to work is gonna bite them in the ass big time. AND IT SHOULD!

It will bit you in the ass worse.

But you are willing to let someone else vote to do so in the form of our union taking more pay from you. Sorta hypocritical if you ask me.

We disagree on the role of delagates within the convention and that is all. I belive that delegates should be allowed to vote their concious and that belief has no bearing on my feelings towards the contract vote.

It's not hypocrisy to have distinct beliefs about each situation, especially when they are disconnected.

Edited by MI451

You stated you didn't want to give up your right to vote on your pay and benefits. A Dues increase, effects your pay and benefits, and should have gone to a vote of the entire membership. Barring that, we still should know how our delegates voted, as they represent US. We all know they will be back in the plants claiming how they voted no, yet somehow, it mysteriously passed anyway. The one thing I simply cannot stand in my representative, is being lied to. NO MATTER the reason. I am an adult, and can handle the truth. I may not like it, and I may fight to insure that person does not get re-elected, but that is MY right.

Edited by trailfndr

You stated you didn't want to give up your right to vote on your pay and benefits. A Dues increase, effects your pay and benefits, and should have gone to a vote of the entire membership. Barring that, we still should know how our delegates voted, as they represent US. We all know they will be back in the plants claiming how they voted no, yet somehow, it mysteriously passed anyway. The one thing I simply cannot stand in my representative, is being lied to. NO MATTER the reason. I am an adult, and can handle the truth. I may not like it, and I may fight to insure that person does not get re-elected, but that is MY right.

I can appreciate that we need delegates who don't lie. So we need to vote better delegates in.