Six speed manual / 2015 Focus?

ranchero

No mystery. This is normal for a model that's not all new. They're trying to sell of the 2014s first. The new Edge and Explorer have been revealed in press releases and auto shows so there is a lot of advance interest. With Focus it's just minor changes by comparison.

No mystery. This is normal for a model that's not all new. They're trying to sell of the 2014s first. The new Edge and Explorer have been revealed in press releases and auto shows so there is a lot of advance interest. With Focus it's just minor changes by comparison.

That doesn't make sense to me. 2015 Focus was also revealed in press releases and auto shows (both Salon International de l'Auto Geneva and NYIAS in 2014). Also, 2016 Explorer follows the same template as 2015 Focus: refreshed styling inside and out plus a new powertrain. Yet 2016 Explorer build and price utility is currently live, even though deliveries won't commence until late spring or early summer 2015!

I'll assume the 2015 Focus build and price tool on ford.com will be up and running within a few weeks, which will make this a moot point.

Maybe it's as simple as different teams updating the website and the Focus team is behind schedule.

I've seen cases where the new model year vehicle was on the lots and being sold but the website still had the old model.

I'm just saying it's nothing new for the website to lag behind a new model.

• 5 weeks later...

Ford seems to be as dilatory as ever; the 2015 Focus build and price utility on www.ford.com still isn't live as of 9 January 2015.

However, pricing details are available at third party automobile review sites. Here's the 2015 Focus pricing page at cars.com:

http://www.cars.com/go/configurator/styles.jsp?myid=16193&year=2015

Edited by aneekr

Ford seems to be as dilatory as ever; the 2015 Focus build and price utility on www.ford.com still isn't live as of 9 January 2015.

However, pricing details are available at third party automobile review sites. Here's the 2015 Focus pricing page at cars.com:

They still have a ton of 14's that haven't shipped from the plant yet, they really need to get those to dealers before they start shipping 15s.

Fuzzymoomoo nailed it. This happens all the time. If they have previous models that they're trying to move off dealer lots then they don't put the new one on the website. And it's just a refresh - not an entirely new model that they're showing off.

Fuzzymoomoo nailed it. This happens all the time. If they have previous models that they're trying to move off dealer lots then they don't put the new one on the website. And it's just a refresh - not an entirely new model that they're showing off.

That and I personally witnessed the sea of 2014 models still sitting in the lot when I drove by a few days ago, I would be shocked if they've shipped a single 15 model.

One flaw though, isn't the 2016 Explorer just a refresh? The build and price was up within hours of its unveiling.

That and I personally witnessed the sea of 2014 models still sitting in the lot when I drove by a few days ago, I would be shocked if they've shipped a single 15 model.

One flaw though, isn't the 2016 Explorer just a refresh? The build and price was up within hours of its unveiling.

Sure, but I'm guessing there isn't a sea of 2015 Explorers sitting at the factory or dealer lots either. It's an individual product decision based on the current product sales and inventory.

It's a conscious marketing decision - not just some screwup.

Sure, but I'm guessing there isn't a sea of 2015 Explorers sitting at the factory or dealer lots either. It's an individual product decision based on the current product sales and inventory.

I don't think there's some screw up, it's been over a year since the new focus was unveiled. I'm just trying to figure out why one model is treated different than another. It can't take that long to build a website. Besides, buildout on the 15 explorer hasn't happened yet, so they probably do have a lot of them sitting around awaiting shipping, especially with rail yadds around Chicago being really busy

They still have a ton of 14's that haven't shipped from the plant yet, they really need to get those to dealers before they start shipping 15s.

The Focus' combination of high inventory levels, declining sales (down more than 6% in CY 2014 vs. CY 2013), and uncertain product release and website update cadences for the MY 2015 car (production scheduling started in October 2014) all suggest "screwup" to me.

Edited by aneekr

The Focus' combination of high inventory levels, declining sales (down more than 6% in CY 2014 vs. CY 2013), and uncertain product release and website update cadences for the MY 2015 car (production scheduling started in October 2014) all suggest "screwup" to me.

I can tell you that uncertainties surrounding the mustang and F-150 changeovers did delay the launch of the new focus somewhat, it was initially supposed to launch in September, but they only did C-Max because of construction at DSP

And what "mistake" did Ford make to cause Focus sales to decline this year? They may have had issues that delayed the 2015 launch (just like they did on the 2015 Edge) but those issues are not responsible for the glut of 2014 inventory which is the reason the 2015 model isn't being advertised on the website.

You really go out of your way to bitch about every little thing Ford does that you don't agree with.

And what "mistake" did Ford make to cause Focus sales to decline this year? They may have had issues that delayed the 2015 launch (just like they did on the 2015 Edge) but those issues are not responsible for the glut of 2014 inventory which is the reason the 2015 model isn't being advertised on the website.

You really go out of your way to bitch about every little thing Ford does that you don't agree with.

I really hope that isn't directed at me. As much as its a pain in the ass to my wallet, I would have taken the down weeks we were supposed to have before thanksgiving that got cancelled rather than start the year on unemployment. They did try do do something to control inventory by short shifting us and short weeks, it just happened to coincide with gas prices collapsing at the same time.

Looks like http://www.fueleconomy.govlists the 2015 Focus fuel economy.

110/99 electric (MPGe)

30/42 1.0L turbo, M6 (SFE)

29/40 1.0L turbo, M6

27/40 2.0L, A6

26/38 2.0L, AS6 (probably the version with SelectShift)

26/36 2.0L, M5

23/32 2.0L turbo, M6 (ST)

The order guide posted in the other thread indicates that the 1.0L turbo package comes with an SFE badge on the sedan, but not the hatchback. Perhaps the aerodynamics are different enough to matter?

Edited by tjl

The sea of 14s is no longer sitting at the plant lot (sitting in the employee lot right now), it's all snow covered 15s, save for a few stragglers that can't be seen from the road. It's up to clearing them out of dealer lots now

It's not so much aerodynamics as much as it is weight. The hatch weighs a few hundred pounds more than the sedan just in the body metal.

http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/specifications/capacities/indicates that the hatchback is 12 pounds lighter in the 2014 SE and Titanium models.

S: 2935 (sedan)

SE: 2960 (sedan), 2948 (hatch)

Titanium: 3055 (sedan), 3043 (hatch)

Electric: 3640 (hatch)

ST: 3223 (hatch)