2015 Ford Mustang Order Bank Opens

robertlane

2015 Ford Mustang Order Bank Opens
  • Ford dealers can now begin placing orders for 2015 Mustang fastback
  • 2015 Mustang fastback includes many new standard features such as fully independent suspension, push-button start, next-generation SYNC® AppLink™ and a choice of three powerful engines
  • All-new Mustang EcoBoost® and Mustang GT available with 50 Years Appearance Package

TEAM MUSTANG.net (Dearborn, MI) - For Ford Mustang fans everywhere, today they are one big step closer to experiencing the next generation as Ford has begun accepting dealer orders for the 2015 fastback.

Ever since the world got its first look at the all-new 2015 Mustang nearly six months ago, the anticipation has been palpable. Ford engineers have been racking up millions of testing miles, refining each system to make sure everything is just right before the first Mustangs reach customers later this year.

1400529306563.jpg

“From the six cities around the globe where we revealed the all-new Mustang, to auto shows to the recent 50-year celebration events, we’ve received an amazing response from people when they finally see the new model,” said Steve Ling, Ford car marketing manager. “This car is all-new with enhanced sophistication and craftsmanship, but it still exudes the essence of Mustang that’s been honed throughout its history.”

Customers can choose from three available powerplants for the 2015 Mustang, each of which can be paired with an upgraded six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters:

• All-new 2.3-liter EcoBoost®, producing more than 305 horsepower and 300 lb.-ft. of torque and with projected class-leading fuel efficiency
  • Upgraded 5.0-liter V8, generating more than 420 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque
  • Upgraded 3.7-liter V6, producing more than 300 horsepower and 270 lb.-ft. of torque

In addition to a sleek new design and dramatically improved cabin, each 2015 Mustang adds an array of new standard features:

• Fully independent front and rear suspension for improved driving dynamics and ride quality
  • Eight airbags including front, knee and side-impact protection for driver and front passenger
  • Individual tire pressure monitor readouts for each wheel
  • Rear view camera system
  • High-intensity discharge headlamps with signature lighting
  • Illuminated, locking glove box
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel with manual tilt and telescope adjustment
  • Intelligent access, enabling the driver to enter without touching the key fob
  • Push-button start
  • SYNC® connectivity system with next-generation AppLink™ to control smartphone apps with simple voice commands; 4.2-inch color display and two USB ports

The ample standard equipment list can be further augmented with the availability of advanced technology features such as:

• Eight-inch, high-resolution touch-screen display and navigation
  • Blind Spot Information System with cross-traffic alert upgraded with Doppler-effect radar sensors to provide both improved sensitivity at longer distances and better resistance to false alerts
  • Adaptive cruise control and collision warning for the first time
  • Track Apps provide a variety of on-track performance measurements for drivers
  • Selectable drive modes feature lets the driver quickly adjust steering, throttle response, shift control and stability control settings by toggling between normal, snow-wet, sport and track modes
  • Mustang GT easy to use electronic line lock and a launch control system that manages engine speed and brakes, giving drivers maximum and consistent acceleration at the track
1400529319128.jpg

A 50 Years appearance package is available for Mustang EcoBoost Premium and Mustang GT Premium models. The appearance package includes a chrome-accented grille, round 50 Years rear badge, 19x8.5-inch alloy wheels with 255/40R19 all-season tires, anniversary floor mats and unique seat and door-trim stitching.

The 2015 Ford Mustang fastback with 3.7-liter V6 starts at just $24,425 including destination and delivery charges in the United States. Mustang will be available from Ford dealers in North America this fall.

• Like 1

As I posted early this morning in the "2014/2015 Mustang Production Schedule" message thread... Before anyone goes running to their Ford dealer this morning to place an order for the all-new, next generation 2015 Mustang... note that as of this morning, Ford has NOT released the 2015 Mustang Price List. In addition the 2015 Mustang is NOT available for order yet in the WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system and trying to order a Mustang in the traditional CONCEPS ordering system generates nothing but error codes and no prices! I'll post an update as changes are made.

Edited by ice-capades

Thanks ice-capades. I called my Car Salesman up before I drove over to his Dealership and he informed me of the same fact. He told me he would Text me or Call me as soon as his Dealers Order Computer will accept an order for a 2015 Ford Mustang Convertible. I was both (his) and his Dealerships first Retail "Sold" Unit order placed back in Mar. of 10` for an 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback w/Power Moonroof "Late Availability" arriving on the first shipment received on the Car Carrier and hopefully my 2015 Mustang Convertible will follow the same way assuming the (commodities) are in stock at Flat Rock MAP to start Convertible production right away. Thanks for the updated info! Race Red, Ceramic Interior, 6 Speed Standard Trans. 2.3 Ecoboost 4 cyl engine, Spare Tire Option, Delete Spoiler Code # 13D. Thats all, yo`all. Hope it stays under 35k!

Edited by phil1336

The CONCEPS vehicle ordering system will now allow Dealers to spec out, price and place 2015 Mustang orders! CONCEPS is still generating error notices but the system will process and price the orders. The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is still not set up for the 2015 Mustang.

Attached are samples of retail pricing for the various 2015 Mustang V6, EcoBoost, GT & 50 Year Limited Edition Fastback models.

CONCEPS will process convertible models but no prices are available. It appears that convertible orders can still be placed but will show an error notice stating that convertibles are not available for Job #1.

Hope this helps answer a lot of early questions!

2015 Mustang_Retail Price_Samples_Redacted.pdf

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system is still not available to place 2015 Mustang orders. Until problems with the WBDO systems are corrected, Dealers must use the CONCEPS ordering system.

ice-capades; The bottom line is it possible to order a 2015 Mustang Convertible (now) using CONCEPS? How much longer before the Web-Based WBDO System is up and running. If its possible to order a 2015 Mustang Convertible now, the order can be placed in the "un-scheduled" Order Bank but no prices are yet available? I want to assure an early Production Date when the Scheduling Order Bank starts putting Order in "Que" next month!

Although the CONCEPS ordering system will generate error notices stating that "Convertible N/A Job 1" & "Convertible N/A Until Job 2" it appears that the system will add the order to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and then generate a "Material Hold" notice on the daily status reports that is sent to the Dealer. I just put in a trial convertible order and CONCEPS added it to the Order Bank. Hope this helps answer your question!

Although the CONCEPS ordering system will generate error notices stating that "Convertible N/A Job 1" & "Convertible N/A Until Job 2" it appears that the system will add the order to the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) and then generate a "Material Hold" notice on the daily status reports that is sent to the Dealer. I just put in a trial convertible order and CONCEPS added it to the Order Bank. Hope this helps answer your question!

I checked with my local Ford Dealership and the Salesman that ordered my last 3 Ford Vehicles. He said, at the present time, all 2015 Mustang Convertible Order attempts keep coming back with failed/error Codes. Please advise when the legitimate Order Book will accept 2015 Mustang Convertible orders on (both) CONCEPS as well as WBDO systems. I don`t want to be placed at the end of the line when the Convertible Scheduling Bank starts assigning "Build Dates". Evidently, there must be a "commodities" issue with Convertible Parts requiring a delayed JOB 2 Date. Late availability is one thing, not being able to place an Order is another. One should be able to place an order even before final MSRP prices are released. Not saying this is a botched rollout or launch but.......Wonder if Fleet Orders by Rental Car Companies for 15` Mustang Convertibles are being delayed too?

Your Dealer just needs to ignore the general error notices. I've ordered (7) 2015 Mustang vehicles including EcoBoost, GT & Limited Edition models and all show up in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) as "Clean/Unscheduled" status for now. At some point the Limited Edition will probably show a "Material Hold" or other status. The ordering systems do not require prices in order to place an order so you need to talk to your Dealer further.

Your Dealer just needs to ignore the general error notices. I've ordered (7) 2015 Mustang vehicles including EcoBoost, GT & Limited Edition models and all show up in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) as "Clean/Unscheduled" status for now. At some point the Limited Edition will probably show a "Material Hold" or other status. The ordering systems do not require prices in order to place an order so you need to talk to your Dealer further.

These 2015 Mustangs that you have ordered that are now in the (unscheduled order bank) are any of them Convertibles? I went to another Ford Dealership and spoke directly with their Commercial Accounts Fleet Manager and he attempted to place a 2015 Mustang Convertible order at his computer using CONCEPS and it registered the Options but would not allow an Order to be placed yet? Awaiting JOB 2 and pricing before order could be accepted? He has ordered (5) 2015 Mustang Fastbacks successfully but Convertible orders are being held up. Two different Ford Dealerships, same answer or lack of one. If I still lived in Western MA I would order it from you!

I put a 2015 Mustang GT Convertible in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) as a test a few days ago and had no problem. The CONCEPS order entry screen will show the error information notes... Convertibles N/A for Job #1, Convertibles Job #2, etc. Ignore, hit return and vehicle specifications page will display without prices (as of last week) but the Dealer can still submit the order by the F4 command, per usual. Ford will then generate a DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) that will be sent to the Dealer overnight via the Ford electronic mail system.

Just to see if anything has changed since last week, I'll go into CONCEPS in a minute and enter a 2015 Mustang GT Convertible order and report back!

Attached is the .PDF showing the 2015 Mustang GT Convertible order I just placed via the CONCEPS ordering system. Page 1 is the vehicle order page showing the order code entries along with the various error notices which I've highlighted in yellow. Once the codes are entered, hitting return displays the 2nd page which shows the vehicle specifications without prices. Note that Fastback orders will display prices. The 3rd page shows the order confirmation stating that the order has been added to the USOB! Hope that this information helps you and your Dealer!

The WBDO (Web Based Dealer Ordering) system does not yet allow 2015 Mustang orders to be placed. WBDO generates even more error notices and is still missing many options.

2015 Mustang GT Convertible Order_4006_Redacted.pdf

mustang6g.com just released a list of 2015 Mustang MSRP Prices & Options. Disappointed to find out that in order to opt for a 2015 Mustang Convertible with the 2.3 ltr. Ecoboost 4 cyl engine requires a mandatory "upgrade" to the Premium Ecoboost Series starting with a base MSRP of $35.495 with a 6 Speed Manual Transmission. The 2015 Mustang Convertible in standard "Base" Trim with the 3.7 ltr. V6 Engine and 6 Speed Manual Transmission has a MSRP starting at only $29.925. I`ve changed my plans! I`m opting for the V6 Model and save the extra $5.500. I`ll miss the illuminated door sill panels, fancy inserts, a few extra speakers, and Leather trimmed heated/cooled seats too. For the added bells & whistles, the potential for a few extra MPG and slightly improved performance, the value, as I see it is in the 2015 Mustang V6 Convertible. Not everyone is ready to bite at a 40K plus Mustang once a few options are checked off. At MId 40`s the BMW 128i Convertible or the Audi Quattro Convertible needs consideration.

Don`t want to beat this 2015 Mustang Ordering to death (but), what advantage is there to find a Dealership that will place a Convertible Order that is "Held" pending JOB 2 now and ordering one held in suspension through the CONCEPS Program? Will the Vehicle get a higher priority and earlier Production date then if you simply waited for the WBDO System to start accepting Convertible orders in the future when all prices and options are finally listed? It appears 2015 Mustang Convertible will apparently be delayed for a least 2 months over the Fastback. I read on a different Mustang Blog that 2015 Mustangs ordered for Dealer Stock & Inventory will be prioritized and get first delivery over Retail Sold Units in order to get early produced Vehicles on the Lots first for People to actually see and touch in person. Any truth to that? My Salesman said nonsense and promised to place "2" identical Orders for the same Car for me, one for Retail Sold Unit and one for Stock Dealership Inventory so that (if) there is a difference in priority, I will get the first one that comes off the Car carrier.

A vehicle order's history and age comes into play only at the Dealer's level. All things being equal, the ordering system will look at the Dealer's oldest orders first to get those vehicles scheduled as soon as allocation and commodity issues alloy. As a rule, at the start of a new Model Year, only Dealer "Stock" or "Demo" orders are scheduled and "Retail" orders are not scheduled until the "OK to Buy" status is achieved which corresponds with the initial shipping release for the new model. This ensures that Ford's internal quality standard has been reached prior to customer "Retail" orders being scheduled. It's all about quality standards and making sure that no vehicles are scheduled, built or shipped to customers until Ford knows that any initial quality issues have been addressed.

Most often, a Job #2 schedule means scheduling and/or production in January or later which would mean that 2015 Mustang Convertible orders probably won't start scheduling until December or later. As such, I don't expect the convertibles to be available until next Spring.

Because the 2015 Mustang is the all-new, next generation model, I wouldn't be surprised if Ford follows the same pattern for convertible orders in restricting initial scheduling to Dealer "Stock" and "Demo" orders until the "OK to Buy" status is reached for the convertibles.

Hope that this information helps!

ice capades; Thanks for the dismal news. I was hoping to take delivery of my new 2015 Mustang Convertible sometime this Fall, Sept/Oct. Next Spring is more likely, huh? Probably will need to request another X-Plan PIN by then, lol. Oh well, if that be the case, I`ll probably just pass on the 2015 and wait until MY 2016. Makes no difference if my Vehicle has the 50th Anniversary Badge on the dash or not. I hate buying a (current) Model year Car in late Spring or Summer like I did last year when I bought a 2013 Ford C-Max in early Aug which should have been the normal start up time for the 2014 Model run. If the 2015 Mustang Fastback arrives in late Summer or Fall (14) and the 2015 Mustang Convertible arrives in late Spring or Summer (15), try to figure when JOB 1 date will be for 2016 MY production? Very disappointing roll out for this highly anticipated Vehicle by Ford, IMO

X plan pins are good for one year from the issue date.

Great News! I think my latest PIN # was issued this past March so it might still be valid to be used on a 2015 Mustang Convertible. Question is, PIN # expires on the Date Vehicle is ordered or "delivered"? Looks like the 2015 Mustang Convertible Order Book might accept retail orders late Summer or Fall but who knows when actual production and delivery will occur? JOB 2 might be in Spring of 2015?

You only use it when you take delivery so that's when the 1 year expiration would come into play. If you got it through the fordpartner site you can just get another one.

If it was from an employee they can cancel it and give you a new one.

Edited by akirby

For what its worth, I just got off the phone with a Customer Service Rep at Ford Program & Marketing Headquarters here in Melbourne, FL. I was told, as of today, Tues, June 10, the unschedule order bank for the 2015 Mustang Convertibles is to open in (late) July with the order scheduling bank to open about a month later. JOB 2 production to follow soon after. I`m assuming they are awaiting (commodities/parts) at their Flat Rock, MI assembly plant and once sufficient inventory is in place, production can start. Did I mention."subject to change" LOL

• 3 weeks later...

FYI... 2015 Mustang orders selected for scheduling this Thursday will be scheduled for production the week of September 15th.

Thats good to know now, what about 2015 Mustang Convertible Orders? Any hint on a projected JOB 2 date and when at least the unscheduled order book will start accepting Convertible orders? Looks like Dealerships won`t see a 2015 Mustang Convertible until (2015). What an agonizing protracted roll out of a very anticipated new Vehicle launch.