hybridbear

Got The Oil Changed On My Focus Today And Picked Up A Color Guide For The 2015 Models. Sterling Gray Is Being Replaced With The Color Magnetic Which Is Very Similar. Here Is The Color Guide. Also New For The Fusion Are Bronze Fire Metallic (additional cost) Tectonic And Guard.

post-49842-0-01865300-1399922816_thumb.jpg

Edited by FairlaneFiesta
  • Like 1

Guard looks like it could be similar to darkside, albeit a bit more greenish than darkside. Also, I think that Bronze could look very nice on the Fusion. Haven't they been showing the European (or maybe it was the Chinese) Mondeo in that shade of brown?

Does anyone have a link out there to the regular (non-hybrid) 2015 Fusion order guide yet? I've been anxiously awaiting the list of changes having put off the order of a 2014 in the hopes of some better color options.

Speaking of which, I'm disappointed to see that Ford is apparently replacing Sunset with Bronze Fire. I was hoping for more of a coppery orange metallic (lighter) color this year, not mixing more brown in the pantone.

I just cannot figure out why Ford is so traditionally weak on the color palette. As much as I dislike GM vehicles, the General puts way more effort into creating a more desirable color offering. If only I could get something similar to their Mocha Steel on a Fusion, I'd be in heaven. The last desirable colors I've seen offered on any Ford product - Windveil Blue and Legend Lime - disappeared long ago (and were never available on anything outside the Mustang line anyway). Normally, when Ford does the blue and green hues they're nothing short of hideous.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone. I was reading over everything in the OP attachment. Thanks by the way for providing that. I have a '15 FFH on order right now and am looking forward to a mid-Dec delivery.

When reading this Product Summary are all the differences noted in relation to the 2014 and 2015's or in the different generations? I'm particularly interested in the differences noted under the Hybrid Powertrain Sections. For example:

Energy Recapture Exhaust Manifold

Helps to quickly warm up the engine by circulating engine coolant through the exhaust manifold Helps the engine warm up faster than the previous Fusion Hybrid system with a conventional manifold.

88-kW Electric Traction Motor

Can power the vehicle alone up to 85 mph up from 62 mph

Are these features not found on the 2014's? Thanks!

No 18" Wheel options, glad they were available on the '13

18" wheels are likely a major contributor to your poor MPGs. From my experience they result in about a 10% drop in fuel economy on the highway and a 20% drop in city MPG due to the increased rolling resistance.

Energy Recapture Exhaust Manifold

Helps to quickly warm up the engine by circulating engine coolant through the exhaust manifold Helps the engine warm up faster than the previous Fusion Hybrid system with a conventional manifold.

I'm not sure if this is new or not. We'll see if we can find out.

• 2 weeks later...

18" wheels are likely a major contributor to your poor MPGs. From my experience they result in about a 10% drop in fuel economy on the highway and a 20% drop in city MPG due to the increased rolling resistance.

I'm not sure if this is new or not. We'll see if we can find out.

hybridbear - were you able to find anything out on this. It's not a major deal, just a curiosity. I just like to know what some of the differences are between the year models. Thanks agan!